Noroma

Noroma

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Four handed:
Villain has been fairly loose, reraising and folding a lot, so presumably bluffing a lot.

CO Hero (15.38$) Ad 9d: Raise 2.5 BB
BTN Fold:
SB Villain(10$: Reraises 11 BB
BB Folds
Hero Calls 8.5BB

Flop, Pot (2.30 $) ** Kc 4h 3d **
Villain bets 0.68 $
Hero calls 0.68 $

Turn, pot (3.66 $) ** Kc 4h 3d 8d **
(8.28 $) Villain bets 2.09 $
Hero calls 2.09 $

River, pot (7.84 $) ** Kc 4h 3d 8d 7h**
(6.18 $) Villain checks
Hero bets 7.89 $
Villain folds
Hero wins 7.84 $

My line on the flop was that on any diamond, 2 or five I would continue, reraising on smaller raises and raising 2/3 if he checked, but he bet fairly big and with 4 times that amount left as effective stack I just called. The call on the flop was fairly weak, but I see no reason not to float a board where I will be able to take these kinds of lines on specific turn cards. Call preflop was due to this game being a 3bet or fold type of game, so 3bet ranges were larger

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Standard open and against an aggressive opponent also standard defend to his 3-bet.

Flop
This small sizing kind of sucks. You pretty much missed completely, but you do at least have a BDFD and an overcard, which will sometimes be good. So I guess, its ok to float in position, when he makes it this cheap.

Turn
Easy fold if you did not pick up equity, but since you now have the nut flushdraw, folding now does seem very weak, even though the bet, you are facing, is much larger.

River
I am not really a GTO guy, so I honestly dont know, how we are supposed to construct a "correct" bluffing range here. But if he is the kind of guy, where a check usually mean "I am giving up", then I guess, this bluff is fine. You can definitely get him to fold AT-AQ and maybe even 99-QQ, if he play it like this.

The main question then is the sizing, and I would probably not use the all-in sizing against good players, because what are you really representing? Would you take this sizing with KQ or KJs? Would you call his 3-bet with 33-44, AA, KK, AK or K7-K8? Call the turn bet with 77? The answer to all of that is probably "no". So you are kind of saying, you have exactly 88 or 65s, and someone, who can hand read, might get curious and lock you up with some of those hands, you want him to fold.

H

Hermus

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After calling the 3-bet you're basically capped to a very weak range containing some missed aces, and some weak top pairs. If you're playing super balanced you're supposed to call some of your low pocket pairs at some weird frequency like 10%, but I'm going to assume you don't do that. The flop is especially bad for you because it is very dry, and the made hands in your range are likely in bad shape, or at least in not great shape, against a 3-bet range containing AA, KK, AK.

Folding the majority of your range on the flop is probably not a bad idea but I like sticking around with some back door nut flush draws at least at some frequency. I'm not sure if Ad9d is in there though. Assuming you fold all your suited aces of spades that still leaves 12 combo's (or more if A9s is not the bottom of your calling range) of back door draws you call with. Especially because you don't have all that many combo's you can call for value (basically only KQs KJs = 8 combos). Trimming your calling range a bit more (be it specific combo's or playing a mixed strategy with some combo's) seems better to me.

Calling the turn with only nut flush draws and KQs, KJs seems totally fine. Because that range is fairly value heavy I think it's fine to bet your entire range if it gets checked to you and fold your entire range against a third barrel.