Flop: ($2.40, 2 players) Q
spade4.gif
spade4.gif
spade4.gif

SB bets $1.00, Hero calls $1.00

Turn: ($4.40, 2 players) 2
diamond4.gif

SB bets $1.84, Hero folds

Unfortunately, no information about the Villain.

Flop: Standard I think?

Turn: Here I just ask myself, if I call the flop why give up here on the turn. The 2 doesn't really change anything. And the price is more or less the same as on the flop, so should I call here?

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
$0.10 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players

BTN: $12.89 (128.9 bb)
SB: $10.00 (100 bb)
BB: $28.88 (288.8 bb)
UTG: $10.67 (106.7 bb)

Hero (MP): $10.35 (103.5 bb)
CO: $12.00 (120 bb)

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has T
diamond4.gif
T
heart4.gif

fold, Hero raises to $0.27, 2 folds, SB raises to $1.15, fold, Hero calls $0.88

Flop: ($2.40, 2 players) Q
spade4.gif
spade4.gif
spade4.gif

SB bets $1.00, Hero calls $1.00

Turn: ($4.40, 2 players) 2
diamond4.gif

SB bets $1.84, Hero folds

Unfortunately, no information about the Villain.

Flop: Standard I think?

Turn: Here I just ask myself, if I call the flop why give up here on the turn. The 2 doesn't really change anything. And the price is more or less the same as on the flop, so should I call here?
VIllain 3-bets to 4.2x and it has 100 blinds effective stack: these are the informations I’m gonna work through.
SB is 3-betting versus a very strong range (EP), utilizing polarization on its sizing, which means, most of times, a strong range (JJ+, QJs+?).
Folding is impossible unless we have notice this is a player that is only doing this 2-3% of times. Even so, it’s hard to fold, having no profile on villain, calling is standard.
The flop comes monotone, and villains shoots narrowly 1/2 pot, again, for this type of flop this is a high bet for a 3-bet pot. On our side, we don’t own any combo of spades. However, we have a runner-runner straight.
One question: if villain has no spades on its range, why to use polarized c-bet preflop? If villain has a Qx with no spades why to do so?
We have no idea about villain’s range but we must include on its range all the Qx, and all the combos of spades.
Villain doesn’t hold many bluffs for this flop texture, we are blocking the middle-straight (6 to T) some flopped flushes could both check and bet this flop and also its queens.
We are calling not only for the runner-runner, but for a set of just one out, for if it comes a ten of spades it’s not good for us.
I think that isn’t a bad idea at all to be folding now on the flop, because we are in a very tough spot. Sometimes we can do as you did, exploitatively call to see a turn card and villain’s reaction.
On the turn this deuce of diamonds won’t change anything, and villain continues to barrel close to 1/2 pot: if we do call here we must have a plan for good rivers and bad rivers: and most of rivers are going to be bad for us.
If you had called on the turn, what would you have done on the rivers to come? Continue calling just because the price is payable? Just to see quite often villain holding Qx, JJ, or even flushes we don’t own?
Hard to play on boards like this one having no details about opponent. So you could’ve folded on the flop and on the turn you should’ve folded.

Results:

I would like to add that most of our range isn’t played as if we own a hand. We aren’t playing only the range, but the opponent tendencies.
There are only a few hands that we are playing regardless of opponent profile: JJ+ AQ+, and even so, we should consider folding these hands postflop on certain textures.
Most of the playable range is hard to play, it’s hard if have no info about villain.
For example, we open from BTN 6d6s, and only the player in the BB calls. The flop comes TsJh7d
BB is a regular player and we have played a couple of hands against her/him.
Our equity is poor, we are drawing to a back door flush and a runner-runner straight, but we think we have equity on this flop and we elect to c-bet. BB calls. On the turn comes a 3s, now we polarize our bet to try to represent a strong hand and BB calls again. What is the point of fighting for a baby flush draw on this point?
On the river comes a brick and we jam, let’s say we bet 2x the sizing of the pot. Because we believe we do own the best hand for this board? No, because we think villain would fold more often than calling, and this is exactly what happens. So, the turning point is that we aren’t playing our hands in the first place, we are playing our opponents.
This is what we are going to do having 95% of our range, look for spots where either we know the opponent or we know the opponent is a fish.
We are expecting regulars to fold best hands when we do bet and we are expecting fishes to call with dominated hands when we bet.

Last edited:
S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I think you have to fold turn here, even on the flop it's pretty marginal as you dont have a spade and your TT is an underpair to the board. Also you have better hands in your range you can call down with, e.g. pairs with a spade, Qx and flushes.

Villain's sizing for the cbet is big for a monotone board in a 3 bet pot, which is often indicative of a hand that doesnt want to get out drawn by a 4th spade. The turn size is a bit small but I still think it's a fold.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with Station_Master. At some point we have to let the TT go, especially without a spade. Having a spade matters, because it block some combos of the flopped flush and give you more outs against hands like AQ or KK-AA with no spade.

A

AcesUTGFold

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Guys I thought you all for your effort.
Especially you Aballinamion.
You have analyzed it so well that I can say nothing more except to thank you!

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Guys I thought you all for your effort.
Especially you Aballinamion.
You have analyzed it so well that I can say nothing more except to thank you!
Thank you mate, and we all thank CardsChat in the first place, because it’s our room and our school.
I like to thank @fundiver199 and @Station_Master who are the major contributors to the cash threads, keeping them alive and active. I also have learned a lot from these guys, because they have a bunch of background and experience.

Let’s do it with faith and love!

Best regards;