Game Format
No Limit
Stakes
$.05/$.10
Table Format
6-max (6 seats)
Currency
$
Please critique what you would have done differently.

At the time this hand played out, there were just 3 ppl at the table.

I have KhJh on SB. I open to 28c. BB calls.

9sQdJd flop.

I check. BB bets 30c. I call.

Turn is 10c.

I check he bets 40c. I raise to $1.80 he calls. Should I have gone bigger? I feel he has a big piece of the board, likely a set or two pairs. Otherwise he would have folded.

River is 10s. And that familiar feeling hits me again.

I check. He bets $2.15 into $4.30 (rake adjusted) pot. Looks like a value bet.

Right here rationally I feel like at best I am chopping but it's more likely a FH. QJ, JT, 9T. Or it could be 99. Higher PPs likely would have 3bet pre so I rule them out.

I ran down the clock and clicked call smh.

This dude had hit a 3 outter to make a bigger FH vs. a smaller FH just a few hands ago, and he also flopped a flush vs. AA a few hands before that, so he was on a major heater. I really should have just folded.

9c10d

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Line looks ok overall. Your hand looks like Kx on the river after you check, what else check raises on a 4 liner. I think you have to call some of your Kx and this is a good combo unblocking the missed flush draw and blocking JT.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I have KhJh on SB. I open to 28c. BB calls.

9sQdJd flop.

I check. BB bets 30c. I call.
Here we can think about raising more than calling as usual. But calling is not so terrible since we can still float villain on the turn the times we miss.
Turn is 10c.

I check he bets 40c. I raise to $1.80 he calls. Should I have gone bigger? I feel he has a big piece of the board, likely a set or two pairs. Otherwise he would have folded.
Nice turn card and now we should've raised for value or for bluff, either if we hit the straight or not I think we should be raising both for bluff and for value to keep our balance and let the opponent guessing in order to commit a huge mistake. And yes, if we have the nuts or we want to represent the nuts we should go for a bigger sizing.
Right here rationally I feel like at best I am chopping but it's more likely a FH. QJ, JT, 9T. Or it could be 99. Higher PPs likely would have 3bet pre so I rule them out.

I ran down the clock and clicked call smh.
Once we are not commited to the board and we have a strong value hand I see no reason to turn our straight into a bluff in this complicated board texture. Calling is more optimal for the times we hit and for the times we miss, so good move overall.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Standard open. Blind vs. blind your sizing is on the small side.

Flop
I would also check-call. You likely have the best hand, but its not a 3-street hand, and there are not that many turn cards, which are bad for you. So you dont mind it, if the flop goes check-check, and if he bet, you can easily call.

Turn
Check-raise and sizing looks good. You could potentially be losing to AK, but I think, that hand mainly 3-bet pre, so I am not to worried about it.

River
Pretty ugly river card, and I agree with checking. I do think, its a very clear check-call though. If we think about the previous actions, then he just called preflop, and would 99-QQ not mostly 3-bet? I think so, so I will remove those from his range almost entirely, unless he is very passive (HUD-stats are usefull here). QT, JT and T9 would likely play like this preflop. They should all check back flop except maybe QT, but its certainly possible, he would have bet them.

On the turn however two pair should not bet with any K or 8 now having a straight, and they should certainly never call a big raise. So its one of those, that if he really did that, he need to get paid, when he hit a 4-outer on the river. You are also getting 3:1, so you only need to win 25% of the time or chop 50%. And he could have a busted flushdraw. Considering the action on the previous streets it actually makes much more sense for him to have a busted flushdraw than anything, which ended up being a boat.

Results
Once again you are very results oriented. You played the hand perfectly fine, while your opponent made significant mistakes on the flop and especially the turn, but ended up getting saved by a very lucky runout. Thats exactly, what we want, since he wont hit that miracle runner-runner very often at all.