Game Format
No Limit
Stakes
$.05/$.10
Table Format
6-max (6 seats)
Currency
$
This was last night. I have 4s4h on BB. UTG (LAG, with about $11) min raise opens to 20c. SB (calling station, with like $4.75) calls I call.

Flop is 4c5sJd.

SB checks, I check, and UTG checks. I was hoping to check raise LAG as he has a 70%+ cbet rate.

Turn is 2h.

SB leads out with a half-pot bet. Normally here is where I normally would raise against most players, but something about this smells fishy. I called. UTG calls.

So here's a bit of an irrelevant segway. I had lost a KK vs. AK all in earlier. (I chose the cash out option so I didn't get cleaned out, but I did lose the hand.) And on this table in the last rotation I had just lose to a river 3 outer. In general I was running pretty bad. I was annoyed but not tilted, but it did get me on high alert cuz for me when luck goes bad it avalanches. Yes it's irrational but I do play more conservatively when the cards aren't falling for me. It works for me.

When the calling station whose AF is 0.2 leads out on a rainbow board it gives me pause. That 2 does complete a gutshot draw. Also, without a flush draw, I feel ok to see where things go.

River is 2c. Nice!

SB bets pot. This time with a FH I feel good. My gut says he has a straight. I only lose to 55, JJ, 22. Even if I don't beat him, he only has a small stack. I shove it.

But then LAG shoves too. Dafuq? Here's when I wasn't sure about my FH being good anymore. Here's hoping he has a lower FH with crap like 52 suited, which he is capable of having. Weird that he didn't raise the turn if he had a set.

SB calls.

LAG has Ac3c. SB has 6c3h. Lo and behold they BOTH hit another goddam 3 outer on the turn. Fortunately I catch the ten outer.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think this was fine the way it was played, except I don't know what your stack size was.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Standard call.

Flop
You could lead to make sure, it does not get checked around, but check-raising is probably the more standard play.

Turn
Sounds like you are suffering from a bit of "monsters under the bed" syndrom, but just calling is ok, when you have position on SB.

River
You have to raise now, so its only a question of sizing. And I kind of feel, a jam looks stronger than, if you just raise enough to put SB in for his $4,75. So that would be my choise. I am mostly focused on SB now, since I dont think, you will get action from UTG very often.

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I think you should raise turn, but calling is OK.

Looking at the results it was a bit of a set up, but you would have lost money v Jx and flush draws.

Also what sort of LAG doesnt cbet an open ended straight draw!

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He only had a gutshot draw. There were no flush draws.

C

canbora

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He only had a gutshot draw. There were no flush draws.
Bud.......I mean, it may be a bit premature and I know I'm going off of limited information, but you're going to make one hell of a poker player. I know I wouldn't want to sit at the table with you.......or at least not short handed, put it that way. With a full table I can just avoid you. lol

You seem to always call out what people have. You even called out that one guy having quads at a micro stakes table. My philophy is, just from pure math, never try to put someone on quads or straight flush, simply because they are so hyper rare, and by extension sample sizing and play information is so small with them, you cant do it. You just cant, or least 99% of the time you cant. And especially at that stakes, people just click buttons, But you did, and you were right. Not only that you followed through with the actions. Vanessa Selbst didnt even do that in her famous AAA77 vs 7777 hand. She says she suspected it, but she didn't act on it becuase he villain could have had A7. She took the instinct out and went on math.

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bud.......I mean, it may be a bit premature and I know I'm going off of limited information, but you're going to make one hell of a poker player. I know I wouldn't want to sit at the table with you.......or at least not short handed, put it that way. With a full table I can just avoid you. lol

You seem to always call out what people have. You even called out that one guy having quads at a micro stakes table. My philophy is, just from pure math, never try to put someone on quads or straight flush, simply because they are so hyper rare, and by extension sample sizing and play information is so small with them, you cant do it. You just cant, or least 99% of the time you cant. And especially at that stakes, people just click buttons, But you did, and you were right. Not only that you followed through with the actions. Vanessa Selbst didnt even do that in her famous AAA77 vs 7777 hand. She says she suspected it, but she didn't act on it becuase he villain could have had A7. She took the instinct out and went on math.
The thing is, at 10NL at BOL most players are not good enough to balance their play (including myself). If they play like they have a certain hand, they usually do. Against better players, it would not be possible to read them.

To be clear, BOL's lowest available stake is 10NL, so people who normally would play 2NL have to play 10NL. There are many regs there, but there are also quite a bit newbies or bad players. It is quite soft really.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The thing is, at 10NL at BOL most players are not good enough to balance their play (including myself). If they play like they have a certain hand, they usually do. Against better players, it would not be possible to read them.

To be clear, BOL's lowest available stake is 10NL, so people who normally would play 2NL have to play 10NL. There are many regs there, but there are also quite a bit newbies or bad players. It is quite soft really.
In that case just put in a lot of volume and try to not worry so much about coolers. Like when your boat runs into a better boat as in that other hand, you shared recently.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
SB leads out with a half-pot bet. Normally here is where I normally would raise against most players, but something about this smells fishy. I called. UTG calls.
We should've raised here for value. The rest of the hand is a bit of overthinking, we aren't fold here no matter what.