Game Format
No Limit
Stakes
$.05/$.10
Table Format
6-max (6 seats)
Currency
$
Let me preface this by saying that entering this hand I was tilting a little bit and I was about to quit. (Getting outflopped constantly by inferior hands. Getting sucked out etc.) Then I picked up KK on CO so had to play this one.

Sir limpsalot on my right limps again. I raise to 40c. BTN folds, and both blinds call, as does the limper. Both the blinds aren't idiots so they both called with something.

Flop's TcThJc.

SB immediately bets $1.12 into $1.60 (I am using BOL's mobile hand history now, it does not adjust for rake, unlike the desktop version). Both BB and limper call.

I am not liking my KK at this point. But I ended up calling. I was justifying maybe I get a K on the turn and I have a backdoor flush draw.

Turn's 5c.

SB shuts down. BB bets $4.46 into $6.08 pot. Limper calls.

I folded and SB folded (probably a J?).

If I called, it would leave me with about $6 behind. Even if I make a flush, I just had a bad feeling someone might be already holding the Ac.

The river is 5d and BB shoved and limper called.

How would you do this differently, if at all?

BB has Ac3c, limper has AdTs. FML. The ace was largely already out of play and I still got destroyed on the flop, just like how it's been all day.

Artbart805

Artbart805

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So you think its random?
Lets say villain generates my business $400 a week, you $10 per week.
If you win... I loose $400 a week.
If villain wins, I get your rake,+ $400 a week...
Who do you think I would want to win?
Just a thought....

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Let me preface this by saying that entering this hand I was tilting a little bit and I was about to quit. (Getting outflopped constantly by inferior hands. Getting sucked out etc.) Then I picked up KK on CO so had to play this one.

Sir limpsalot on my right limps again. I raise to 40c. BTN folds, and both blinds call, as does the limper. Both the blinds aren't idiots so they both called with something.

Flop's TcThJc.

SB immediately bets $1.12 into $1.60 (I am using BOL's mobile hand history now, it does not adjust for rake, unlike the desktop version). Both BB and limper call.

I am not liking my KK at this point. But I ended up calling. I was justifying maybe I get a K on the turn and I have a backdoor flush draw.

Turn's 5c.

If I called, it would leave me with about $6 behind. Even if I make a flush, I just had a bad feeling someone might be already holding the Ac.

BB has Ac3c, limper has AdTs. FML. The ace was largely already out of play and I still got destroyed on the flop, just like how it's been all day.
If you knew you were tilting and continued playing you are weak and irresponsible. If you are playing NLHE 10 you’re not some numbskull fish that have no clue about poker and responsible gambling.
Preflop your raising was standard, 3x + 1 because of the limper.
On the flop is hard to fold this hand. Actually we don’t want to be playing a 3 or 4-handed pot with any hole cards, and when this happens, we must consider folding more than usual. On the flop we cannot fold yet, but SB shows a lot of strength leading out of position versus three other opponents yet to speak. Wouldn’t be surprised if SB is holding JT, TT, JJ for instance.
With no further information on the turn we fold. You said yourself that both blinds aren’t idiots, so I’m giving some credit to them: if they were idiots, the texture is dry, there’s no ace to threaten our range, I would be immediately raising/shoving turn, for this is one of the best textures for KK to play.
There’s a flush draw available and some retards like to bluff their draws on any board setup, they won’t even notice that doubled cards aren’t good to bluff draws.
But I shouldn’t be even analyzing this hand, for the main factor here is not the cards, the villains or the board: the main factor, above all is that you were tilted, and you should’ve quit the tables a long time ago, for either you will overplay/overbluff or you will overfold and none of these examples can be good to you.
I hope you are fine and I wish you to take a break out of the tables for a couple of days to relax and pull things together. It’s good that you recognized publicly that you tilted and continued playing, but try not to do this anymore.
If you were playing your best game there will be no reason for you to be posting here.
Thanks for submitting your hand to analysis and let the chips fall as they may.

Best regards;

BOXING71

BOXING71

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips

Flop's TcThJc.

Turn's 5c.

Hey there! It sounds like you had a tough time with that hand. Don't beat yourself up too much about it - everyone goes through tough stretches in poker, and it's important to remember that variance is a huge factor in the game.

That being said, it's also important to recognize when you're tilting and make the decision to step away from the tables. Continuing to play when you're not in the right mindset can lead to costly mistakes and further frustration.

In terms of the hand itself, it's easy to second-guess decisions in hindsight. You made a standard preflop raise with KK, and on the flop, it's tough to fold to just one bet with an overpair and a backdoor flush draw. However, when the turn brings a flush draw and a bet and a call ahead of you, it's a good time to consider folding.

Remember that every hand is a learning opportunity, even the ones that don't go our way. Take a break, clear your head, and come back to the tables with a fresh perspective

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It's not a disaster.

I think folding flop is the best play, but call is not terrible and then clearly you have to fold the turn.

The reason I fold the flop is it's almost certain at least one of your three opponents have a T. When there is that much action ahead of you, you can be confident just folding your overpair. It is too unlikely that all 3 have a draw or Jx. The fact you can spike a K means it's not horrible but I dont like calling with a 2 out draw

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you enter on tilt you should not play, it is very dangerous and it is something very serious, because you are losing control in your decision making process, something that is of vital importance in poker. The worst thing is that you are giving your opponents a lot of advantage, because they could perceive this situation and use it in their favor. Example: Villains could call much wider preflop, with the intention of stacking you when they find the nuts postflop or calling you with anything and giving your bluffs zero credibility, etc, etc. When a similar situation happens to you, stop quickly and if you can't stop, put a temporary self-exclusion until you are in a normal state.
Greetings.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands