$10 NL HE 6-max: How Would You Played This 4-Way Hand With AA?

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Game
Hold'em
Game Format
No Limit
Stakes
$.05/$.10
Table Format
6-max (6 seats)
Currency
$
Second hand at table. I have AhAc on SB.

UTG (57/8) limps. BTN (47/0) limps. I raise to 51c. BB (25/20) calls. Everyone else calls. Fourway to the flop.

KsTs4S flop... I check. Everyone checks around.

Turn is 6c. At this point I decide to throw out a half-pot bet to thin out the herd at least. So it's 95c into $1.95 pot (rake adjusted).

BB calls. Then UTG raises to $2.85. BTN folds.

Not a tough fold. So I folded. BB calls.

River is 2c.

BB checks UTG shoves, BB calls.

Would you raise more preflop? Would you cbet the flop or turn at all?

BB had Qs7s (I guess he calls all suited cards from BB. I thought had would have a stronger hand.), and UTG had 2s8s. (not that surprising for him. The turd probably plays all suited hands)

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Preflop is fine. On the flop (or turn) a small bet is fine but I would be going more like 25% on a monotone flop so losing less in this instance while still getting value from weaker hands. Nice fold given the action.

nameless

nameless

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
U played it correctly in my opinion u want the others to call with aces cant bet to much the monotone board is really bad when u dont have the As.. u check for pot control and then u fold u lose little dont get stubborn there with aces and make discipline fold

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Second hand at table. I have AhAc on SB.

UTG (57/8) limps. BTN (47/0) limps. I raise to 51c. BB (25/20) calls. Everyone else calls. Fourway to the flop.

KsTs4S flop... I check. Everyone checks around.

Turn is 6c. At this point I decide to throw out a half-pot bet to thin out the herd at least. So it's 95c into $1.95 pot (rake adjusted).

BB calls. Then UTG raises to $2.85. BTN folds.

Not a tough fold. So I folded. BB calls.

River is 2c.

BB checks UTG shoves, BB calls.

Would you raise more preflop? Would you cbet the flop or turn at all?

BB had Qs7s (I guess he calls all suited cards from BB. I thought had would have a stronger hand.), and UTG had 2s8s. (not that surprising for him. The turd probably plays all suited hands)
Is this a fast game such as Zoom? In a spot like this where we got raised into a coordinated board, it’s okay to be exploitatively folding. If we had any ace of spades we could’ve called or raised.
You played the hand just fine. We open raise to play a heads-up pot most of times. This isn’t the ideal scenario, so totally on board with your gameplay.
Best of luck and keep on grinding.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands