$10 NL HE 6-max: How would you play this hand?

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Game
Hold'em
Game Format
No Limit
Stakes
$.05/$.10
Table Format
6-max (6 seats)
Currency
$
Villain is unknown. This hand was played in ACR.

PokerEdge

PokerEdge

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
HU
Chips
It's a classic cooler party.
Broadly speaking, I think it's ok preflop, I'd rather just call on the flop, although the temptation to reraise is big, since he opened big, so he won't fold it very much (if there was more information about it, I'd reraise), turn ok, better against an unknown villain on the river I fold, you really have a straight and a flush blocker, but he can also have a straight, is it a flush, and there are quite a few fulls out there. I can't really criticize the call.

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Fold pre flop. I know the 3bet is small but KTo is bottom of range and will be dominated so often. You could raise the flop but in position a call is fine. Turn is bad as you lose to AT and chop with any T, but I would still be tempted to ship it at this point to get sets/flush draws to get it in bad or fold. River is terrible and you only have a bluff catcher, I can understand the crying call but I would expect to be shown better alot.

Prince Mantis

Prince Mantis

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Folding preflop is better. So many difficult dicisions postflop. When villain CB T with 1/2-2/3 I dont know what is he representing and trying to accomplish(AA and KK check this ugly F). I think he was bluffing. I would like to see 9 pair the R and FD miss so we can call

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Villain is unknown. This hand was played in ACR.
Hello dear friend how do you do? Nice to see you here, and now I am back in business!
Well, right off the bat I would have folded this hand because it completed a flush and I don’t own the Ace of Clubs and the Queen got another one completing hands that could beat me.
But you must have your own reasons to have called here and for this limit is not the end of the world.

God bless you, many hugs!

K

kostja007

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold Preflop. As played it is ok/good because playing nuts passive ip is normal and also you are blocking fd on the flop. So let the OOP player bluff. Sometimes you will call down bluffs and sometimes win with a straight. Sometimes you will loose against a full house, but that is just a cooler.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello dear friend how do you do? Nice to see you here, and now I am back in business!
Well, right off the bat I would have folded this hand because it completed a flush and I don’t own the Ace of Clubs and the Queen got another one completing hands that could beat me.
But you must have your own reasons to have called here and for this limit is not the end of the world.

God bless you, many hugs!
Hi Friend! It was good to hear from you again, Welcome! Here I don't have reads of V, so I think my mistake was to continue playing preflop lol.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands