spade4.gif

Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($2.05, 2 players) J
diamond4.gif

Hero checks, BTN bets $1.02, Hero folds

hands: 2989
Stats: 23/17/8.8/48
Foldto3bet: 36/75

Flop: I often have big problems in such spots OOP in the 3bet pot, when I totally missed the flop, how much I have to C-bet approx. or can C-bet at all and on which turn card I can often barrel on.

maestro121920

maestro121920

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
on this flop - i'm definitely c-betting - and can always continue barreling with AKQ turn

he can have pair of J, random pair or flush draw

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
3 betting to 4x is fine in this spot. I think when we 3 bet pre we of course can have a lot of the strongest starting hands so I would lean mostly to c betting this flop just as I would if I was 3 betting pre with some ace wheel suited hands here or if I was 3 betting pre with this flop and had QQ+. As played you are giving away to villain that you do not have a premium pocket pair and they can, depending on their skill, put you on close to the hand you have. Betting the flop and planning to double barrel most turns that are not spades would be my initial plan.

On the turn as played you could bet and rep either a 1010, 99 type hand or put pressure on their flush draws. I think as played on the flop I would check here as well. Im not sure I would be folding fast here after villains bet as I wouldnt want to be exploitable that I fold every time I check twice and someone bets into me and with another J hitting the Jx's villain could have diminishes so they could just try to be taking the pot here. It would be a decision I would think about depending about what I know about villain and what they think about me. I would think some of their flush draws would check the turn here to take the free while some would bet with having some equity to try and take it down. To me there are few Jx based on two being on the board and less flush draws here after the bet since some would check for free card. That leaves a lot of similar hands to ours and smaller pairs that we might be able to get them off of on the river. Again not sure if I am calling or folding there but it would not be a snap fold.

A

AcesUTGFold

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3 betting to 4x is fine in this spot. I think when we 3 bet pre we of course can have a lot of the strongest starting hands so I would lean mostly to c betting this flop just as I would if I was 3 betting pre with some ace wheel suited hands here or if I was 3 betting pre with this flop and had QQ+. As played you are giving away to villain that you do not have a premium pocket pair and they can, depending on their skill, put you on close to the hand you have. Betting the flop and planning to double barrel most turns that are not spades would be my initial plan.

On the turn as played you could bet and rep either a 1010, 99 type hand or put pressure on their flush draws. I think as played on the flop I would check here as well. Im not sure I would be folding fast here after villains bet as I wouldnt want to be exploitable that I fold every time I check twice and someone bets into me and with another J hitting the Jx's villain could have diminishes so they could just try to be taking the pot here. It would be a decision I would think about depending about what I know about villain and what they think about me. I would think some of their flush draws would check the turn here to take the free while some would bet with having some equity to try and take it down. To me there are few Jx based on two being on the board and less flush draws here after the bet since some would check for free card. That leaves a lot of similar hands to ours and smaller pairs that we might be able to get them off of on the river. Again not sure if I am calling or folding there but it would not be a snap fold.

First of all, thank you for your answer.

The missed bet on the flop is the biggest mistake here. But I wonder how much it is worth here in the micros to really call the turn here with AQo and ace high.
He certainly has some semi-bluff combos in his hand range on the turn.
Only which ones I find difficult to assess here.