Hero (BTN): 230.7 BB
SB: 126.5 BB
BB: 399.3 BB
UTG: 106.6 BB
MP: 167.5 BB
CO: 138.2 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has A:club: A:spade:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to 2.5 BB, fold, BB raises to 11.7 BB, Hero raises to 30.2 BB, BB calls 18.5 BB

Villian is super agro - I had previously seen a couple of flops/turns where I had missed and villain had bet big/over bet on the turn. And 15mins previous, I had stacked him for 277BB in total where I turned a K-high straight and he check/shoved for 441BB. I called and he had a pair of Jacks and a flush draw on the river that he missed.

I am not sure if my 4bet is the correct sizing - would be interested to get some thoughts on this, but otherwise I think this is fairly standard

Flop: (60.9 BB, 2 players) T:spade: 9:spade: K:spade:
BB checks, Hero bets 23 BB, BB raises to 58.5 BB, Hero calls 35.5 BB

hands that currently beat me - I am worried that he could have KK (although I think he shoves all in preflop with KK) or other sets - a made flush is possible, he is probably capable of 3betting suited connectors, but I have the Ace of Spades so I block a lot of natural suited hands. QJ is also possible, but I don't think he 3bets QJo here.

Hands I beat - QQ (probably shoves pre) or JJ, AK (we block this though) and KQ are all hands he could 3bet with - He could have a pair + flush draw or a straight draw (Qx, Jx) that would raise here

Turn: (177.9 BB, 2 players) 8:diamond:
BB bets 204.5 BB, Hero calls 142 BB and is all-in

Glup - He's repping a straight, which feels really unlikely, or a made flush I guess, but because he is sooo agro, it feels too similar to previous hands where he has bet big on the turn - there's too much of a pattern +I decided in game that he would do this with a made flush/straight (both unlikely as I block much of this), sets, flush draw, pair + flush or straight draw, he might even do this with Kx so I call based on the historical hands I have seen

River: (461.9 BB, 2 players) A:heart:

I now beat 2 pairs, but I think this is really unlikely anyway...

Hero shows A:club: A:spade: (Three of a Kind, Aces)
(Pre 93%, Flop 85%, Turn 91%)
BB shows Q:spade: A:diamond: (One Pair, Aces)
(Pre 7%, Flop 15%, Turn 9%)
Hero wins 441.9 BB

I don't know how he makes this shove on the turn, but it seems to fit his pattern of play - I think the historical hands help, otherwise I should probably find a fold on the turn shove.

C

canbora

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not saying all that ridiculouness is the best move (maybe it is) but.........look at it from his stand point. He has the second best non paired cards you can have. He has second nut flush draw, and Broadway straight draw, and an overcard.

You... have an overpair and the nut flush draw. In all honestly.... as insane as it is with your stacks........you probably should have shoved on the flop. Again, overpair, nut flush draw, broadway backdoor draw. And fold equity. I don't imagine any solver would disagree. Ive seen them agree with snap calling all ines with Aces on the flop if theres two to a suit on the board and your ace is one of Them as a blocker. And thats only 3 to a suit.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Given how deep you are, I like a big 4-bet here, and you could even have gone a bit larger. But 30BB is fine.

Flop
As you say, its very unlikely, he flopped a flush, given that he called a 4-bet OOP, and the A, K, T and 9 are all spoken for. Which pretty much leave QJ of spades, which flopped a straight flush. Now that would be something, but its one combo, and if he has it, then good for him. I also dont think, QJs always 3-bet and then call a 4-bet OOP. So I tend to disregard the flopped straight a little bit here.

He could have a set, but with the nut flushdraw you are almost flipping with that, since you have 11 outs. There are also more combos of AK, KQs and JJ-QQ than sets, so I am totally onboard with betting for value. In fact you are almost never supposed to not C-bet in a 4-bet pot. And when facing the raise, the only decision is to either call or jam. I dont have a strong preference either way, but if you just call, the plan is definitely to call all turns as well.

Turn
As I said already easy call.

Result
So he was bluffing, and this definitely validate your decision to just call on the flop and hand him the rope to hang himself on the turn. Well done.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Pacific Poker - $0.10 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (BTN): 230.7 BB
SB: 126.5 BB
BB: 399.3 BB
UTG: 106.6 BB
MP: 167.5 BB
CO: 138.2 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has A:club: A:spade:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to 2.5 BB, fold, BB raises to 11.7 BB, Hero raises to 30.2 BB, BB calls 18.5 BB

Villian is super agro - I had previously seen a couple of flops/turns where I had missed and villain had bet big/over bet on the turn. And 15mins previous, I had stacked him for 277BB in total where I turned a K-high straight and he check/shoved for 441BB. I called and he had a pair of Jacks and a flush draw on the river that he missed.

I am not sure if my 4bet is the correct sizing - would be interested to get some thoughts on this, but otherwise I think this is fairly standard

Flop: (60.9 BB, 2 players) T:spade: 9:spade: K:spade:
BB checks, Hero bets 23 BB, BB raises to 58.5 BB, Hero calls 35.5 BB

Hands that currently beat me - I am worried that he could have KK (although I think he shoves all in preflop with KK) or other sets - a made flush is possible, he is probably capable of 3betting suited connectors, but I have the Ace of Spades so I block a lot of natural suited hands. QJ is also possible, but I don't think he 3bets QJo here.

Hands I beat - QQ (probably shoves pre) or JJ, AK (we block this though) and KQ are all hands he could 3bet with - He could have a pair + flush draw or a straight draw (Qx, Jx) that would raise here

Turn: (177.9 BB, 2 players) 8:diamond:
BB bets 204.5 BB, Hero calls 142 BB and is all-in

Glup - He's repping a straight, which feels really unlikely, or a made flush I guess, but because he is sooo agro, it feels too similar to previous hands where he has bet big on the turn - there's too much of a pattern +I decided in game that he would do this with a made flush/straight (both unlikely as I block much of this), sets, flush draw, pair + flush or straight draw, he might even do this with Kx so I call based on the historical hands I have seen

River: (461.9 BB, 2 players) A:heart:

I now beat 2 pairs, but I think this is really unlikely anyway...

Hero shows A:club: A:spade: (Three of a Kind, Aces)
(Pre 93%, Flop 85%, Turn 91%)
BB shows Q:spade: A:diamond: (One Pair, Aces)
(Pre 7%, Flop 15%, Turn 9%)
Hero wins 441.9 BB

I don't know how he makes this shove on the turn, but it seems to fit his pattern of play - I think the historical hands help, otherwise I should probably find a fold on the turn shove.
Considering our opponent is way too aggressive I don't think there's anything to worry.
I think our preflop 4-bet sizing is fine for this specific scenario and situation. Good exploitative moving and pretty good opponent to play with: a gold mine. 😁

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a villain dependent play imo. For this exact hand against this exact opponent, Im not sure there is any other way to play it other than do what you did. I would not want to jam flop and have villain fold their bluffs as we think this type of opponent is bluffing a lot. I also think jamming has no fold equity against the hands that beat us, especially with this type of opponent. I wouldnt fold either as we are going against an aggro maniac. It obviously helps that we have the Ace of spades and that also villain, as mentioned above, does not have very many flopped flushes. We are 35% against sets since they could re boat but this aggro player is way wider than a "normal" player would be here so you have to call with the intention of calling the hand down.

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I would use a 3x sizing for an IP 4bet when deep like this.

The flop is not great, as he could easily have 99, TT and KK. But with A spades you are never folding here. I would cbet smaller (or even check) but otherwise seems fine to call the riase and turn jam versus an agro player. Versus a different opponent I would be more cautious as there are 9 possible set combos, and relatively few natural bluff combos (villain had pretty much the only vaguely logical combo)

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not saying all that ridiculouness is the best move (maybe it is) but.........look at it from his stand point. He has the second best non paired cards you can have. He has second nut flush draw, and Broadway straight draw, and an overcard.

You... have an overpair and the nut flush draw. In all honestly.... as insane as it is with your stacks........you probably should have shoved on the flop. Again, overpair, nut flush draw, broadway backdoor draw. And fold equity. I don't imagine any solver would disagree. Ive seen them agree with snap calling all ines with Aces on the flop if theres two to a suit on the board and your ace is one of Them as a blocker. And thats only 3 to a suit.
Solver at 200bb deep shoves flop with ASAX---so not insane at all but solver has AQoff at 0% call preflop it folds or raises 75% fold- there are no off suit hands that call preflop that have a high spade in them only pairs call so it could be QQs JJs etc