Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (BTN): 107.4 BB
SB: 96 BB
BB: 96.6 BB
CO: 103 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 5:heart: 6:heart:

fold, Hero raises to 2.5 BB, fold, BB calls 1.5 BB

I don't know anything about this player so I assume he is an average player in the player pool

Flop: (5.5 BB, 2 players) K:spade: Q:heart: 3:heart:
BB checks, Hero bets 1.8 BB, BB calls 1.8 BB

I have all the nutted hands in my range, so my range advantage is high - a range bet of 33% I think makes sense, with the intention of calling a check raise (folding to a shove, which would be weird)

Turn: (9.1 BB, 2 players) 7:club:
BB checks, Hero bets 6 BB, BB calls 6 BB

Call in the flop suggests a 1 pair hand with a King or Queen, I still have the range advantage so up my bet to 66% not I have turned more equity
Question - does the bet size make sense? should this be more/less based on with my range or actual hand?

River: (21.1 BB, 2 players) 4:diamond:
BB checks, Hero bets 15.9 BB, BB calls 15.9 BB

Call on the turn suggests villain has top pair, I don't think a 7 would improve his range much - if he had pocket 7s I think he would bet or check raise. My hand is really disguised and is the nuts, but I want to target a King which is the hand I suspect he has. He could have a Queen, but I am not sure the player pool calls 2 streets of value with second pair
Question - 75% bet seems ok, but should this be higher? Would a 1 pair hand call a higher bet? Does is need to be bigger to make this play profitable?

Hero shows 5:heart: 6:heart: (Straight, Seven High)
(Pre 42%, Flop 38%, Turn 27%)
BB shows K:diamond: 9:club: (One Pair, Kings)
(Pre 58%, Flop 62%, Turn 73%)
Hero wins 50.3 BB

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me you played the hand well. Preflop we want to steal the blinds and this is an acceptable hand to do so. If you suspect that the blinds are stations of calls, then your hand is part of the weaker stealing side and in that case you might consider opening with a stronger range VS these opponents, especially thinking postflop.
The flop is relatively good for us, as the V's could have betters to flush draws. Checking your range could also be an option here, against 2 opponents. But your cbet is correct.
The turn is better because now you also have a gutshot, I like betting better here and any size that is not an overbet seems correct to me vs 2 opponents. In this case you chose a size greater than half a pot, which I think would be in the maximum limit.
The river was excellent and I also like the proportion of your bet. Keep in mind that the draws that your opponents were chasing have failed a lot here. If you're aiming to get max value from hands that were played passively, then you could try a bigger size, but you run the risk of not getting called. And considering that you had a low flushdraw, the best draw misses are more likely to come from your villains.
Greetings.

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
This all looks well played to me.

Personally I cbet bigger on these wet boards, but 1/3rd is ok. Turn a big bet is fine, you could go larger here to something like 80%. On the river I think your size is good.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 5:heart: 6:heart:

fold, Hero raises to 2.5 BB, fold, BB calls 1.5 BB

I don't know anything about this player so I assume he is an average player in the player poolI have all the nutted hands in my range, so my range advantage is high - a range bet of 33% I think makes sense, with the intention of calling a check raise (folding to a shove, which would be weird)
Preflop raise is fine. Yes, when we raise and BB calls we have range advantage most of times. I like your sizing from this position: from the BU we are betting less with most of our range. Poker can be mean sometimes and what’s the point of firing 1/2 pot or more OTF when villain could have 9h8h, just quoting one simple example.
One thing: we own most of value hands for this flop, not nutted hands, for even if we had KK or QQ we wouldn’t have the nuts. Even if we had AhXh we wouldn’t have the nuts for most of times we are sure about nuts or non-nuts is OTR, not OTF.
As I said, we have range advantage most of times because BB has called preflop, not all the nutted hands.
The fact that an opponent is unknown is no proof that it is a regular or a recreational. I would assume that if I’m playing for a couple of weeks and see a new player that there are more chances of this player to be a recreational than a regular.
You make good observations, but you are a bit extreme on your conclusions, the rest is all positive and good.
Question - does the bet size make sense? should this be more/less based on with my range or actual hand?
Our bet sizing makes all sense! We are opening from the position where we own more bluffs than values, we control the size of the pot, we can think about calling a raise, etc. Totally fine.
Our bet sizing should be based on our entire range not only the actual hand: we bet the same sizing when we own Kx, Qx, two pairs and sets. We don’t wanna make the pot grow too much for when it completes a draw OTR and we had bet large, we already committed ourselves and we must go, praying for villain not to have completed its draws: betting smaller represents most of our range and allow us to fold OTR when necessary.
Question - 75% bet seems ok, but should this be higher? Would a 1 pair hand call a higher bet? Does is need to be bigger to make this play profitable?
The same idea of why we had elected to bet small OTF and OTR: we have so many hands from BU and on top of that we want losing hands to be calling: as higher we bet, more losing hands would fold. Here we allow villain to try to realize its equity for a good price. If villain raises we are also never folding, for most of times we have the nuts for this board texture.

Best regards;