Sixth Street:
($0.57) (3 players)
Xx Xx K K 2 K MP bets $0.08
Xx Xx T 5 7 A BTN folds
9 Q 9 Q 4 8 Hero folds

Total pot:
$0.57 (Rake: $0.02)
Seat 6 wins $0.55

Hey Stud lovers! How are you doing? I played this hand today.

Information I had:
  • MP was tight-passive, and he many times folded on 5th after peeling 3th and 4th.
  • BTN is a weak player, completing and 2-beting strange hands, sometimes AKQ rainbow, etc.
I have some questions:

1- My complete on 3th street was wrong having one 9 and three spades dead? Would you just call the bring-in and a possible complete?
2- On 4th, when I hit que Q, should I have folded, or ok to call a bet and a 2-bet? KK scared me a bit. MP had called sometimes before with low buried pairs. But BTN with T5 did not concern me much. If he kept raising, maybe he had TTT, but that was not the case. He did this many times before with weak hands.
3- When everybody checks on 5th, I believe I may have the best hand now. Should I have bet?
4- Standard fold facing trips on 6th? Again, a 9 dead, seems not good to peel. Even with all nines and queens live, standard fold, right?

I really hope to hear what you guys have to say :geek:

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think you did fine. Betting 5th would have probably been optimal, but it worked out :). You were hoping for a 4 outer on the last card for around 11% but a call was around 15% of the pot. Fold was optimal, but a gambling call wouldn't hurt my feelings. I don't play stud a ton, are my percentages near accurate?

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lets start at the beginning, lol

What did you put the Ten on and the King on before you acted and did you even consider your position going BEFORE the King????

Once you answer that then tell me if your action was a good idea again, lol.

Last edited:
rhoudini

rhoudini

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Lets start at the beginning, lol

What did you put the Ten on and the King on before you acted and did you even consider your position going BEFORE the King????

Once you answer that then tell me if your action was a good idea again, lol.
Yeah, looking at this today, probably a bad idea to have raised this hand. I mean, these players were quite passive, in general calling with speculative hands and many times with pairs like 22, 44, etc.. I thought it would be ok (not great) to raise and try to win the pot on 3rd.

When the K calls, I can imagine a buried small pocket pair. I labeled him as "tight passive" but when he played, he played a lot of hands like that, or with AKQ, KQT, for example. So he could have something like that too. Three to a flush is unlikely because of removal... In fact, if he had a small buried pair, I was drawing dead even catching the Q after he got the second K. :unsure:

When the T raises, ok, he might have TT or even TTT, but again, he did this so many times with nothing (proof is his check on 5th and fold on 6th) that I decided to peel hoping for the Q.

But maybe I should not have played, because one 9 is dead

Dejange

Dejange

CC Delija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
The thruth is that Cash Games are not for everyone. Your case is a great example (y)

rhoudini

rhoudini

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The thruth is that Cash Games are not for everyone. Your case is a great example (y)
Hey Dejange! Sorry, I could not understand. Could you explain, please?

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah 9s are no good there because you're probably up against the Ts.

Looking for a 3 outer Q and all those straight cards like the j t, k are out so that's not good.

And a 9 was folded so the set doesn't look good either.

So once you say there's a good chance of it being TT vs 99 AND the King might play as well its just a bad spot.

I'd guess ATT because they think if they're behind against the king then they can chase the 3 outer which I think isn't the greatest idea but the raise will let them know where they are in the hand and its on the early streets so that's fine.

The King probably has 8s and down or the Kings in there and they play it passive to see what develops.

You take away all the cards that are out and its kinda transparent.

And if you have tens raising and you probably have 9s as well then I really dislike the kings play with a smaller pair.

Doesn't make sense to chase a 3 outer against 2 higher pairs for the K hand.

In that spot the K would need a pair of Kings and then you have a hand to see who gets to 2 pair or better.

That makes more sense to me but chasing a 3 outer like that? I don't like that.

So if they had A?TT and I don't have the hand in front of me then they played the hand the best of the table If they had something like that.

And you two folks not so much but at least you're thinking about hands and we all have a hand we all look back and say "I should have not played it afterwards", lol so its not a big deal.

Think its a great point to make that chasing the larger pair might not be the best idea.

Good post, good effort,

GL

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I mean if you're gonna play when you have 9's with 2 overcards and 3 spades out... then yeah bet 5th there👍,
as played you have no choice but to fold on 6th

rhoudini

rhoudini

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Think its a great point to make that chasing the larger pair might not be the best idea.
Good post, good effort,
GL
Got it. In fact, I could have avoided all this trouble by simply not playing this hand.:confused:

I am trying to improve not only my theory, but also to become more acquainted to the game itself.
In Hold'em is much easier to grasp initial hands, but not so easy in Stud.
Probably in hold'em we all have played some mediocre hand when we were starting out.
That's why I have started on the lowest limit possible and hopefully climb the limits later.

Thank you so much for all your advices, guys!!

Dejange

Dejange

CC Delija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Hey Dejange! Sorry, I could not understand. Could you explain, please?

24 hours later I forgot what did I meant :D But in general, me avoid playing Cash games since many years. There I saw a lot of unexplained things and lost a lot of money. Now when you add Stud in the whole thing - it becomes nightmare :p

rhoudini

rhoudini

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
24 hours later I forgot what did I meant :D But in general, me avoid playing Cash games since many years. There I saw a lot of unexplained things and lost a lot of money. Now when you add Stud in the whole thing - it becomes nightmare :p
Yeah, for NLHE I also don't like too much, and I don't intend to start playing them.
But it seems that for other variants it can be good.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Winning Poker, 7 Card Stud Limit - $0.04/$0.08 ($0.01 ante) - 7 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

Seat 4: $0.81 (20 bb)
Seat 5 (Hero): $1.95 (49 bb)
Seat 6: $1.50 (38 bb)
Seat 8: $3.17 (79 bb)
Seat 1: $1.57 (39 bb)
Seat 2: $2.20 (55 bb)
Seat 3: $2.34 (59 bb)

Third Street: ($0.07) Hero is in Seat 5
Xx Xx 5 BI bring-in $0.02____BI folds
Xx Xx 9 UTG folds
9 Q 9 Hero raises to $0.04____Hero calls $0.04
Xx Xx K MP calls $0.04____MP calls $0.04
Xx Xx J MP+1 folds
Xx Xx 6 CO folds
Xx Xx T BTN raises to $0.08

Fourth Street: ($0.33) (3 players)
Xx Xx K K MP bets $0.04____MP calls $0.04
Xx Xx T 5 BTN raises to $0.08
9 Q 9 Q Hero calls $0.08

Fifth Street:
($0.57) (3 players)
Xx Xx K K 2 MP checks
Xx Xx T 5 7 BTN checks
9 Q 9 Q 4 Hero checks

Sixth Street:
($0.57) (3 players)
Xx Xx K K 2 K MP bets $0.08
Xx Xx T 5 7 A BTN folds
9 Q 9 Q 4 8 Hero folds

Total pot:
$0.57 (Rake: $0.02)
Seat 6 wins $0.55

Hey Stud lovers! How are you doing? I played this hand today.

Information I had:
  • MP was tight-passive, and he many times folded on 5th after peeling 3th and 4th.
  • BTN is a weak player, completing and 2-beting strange hands, sometimes AKQ rainbow, etc.
I have some questions:

1- My complete on 3th street was wrong having one 9 and three spades dead? Would you just call the bring-in and a possible complete?
2- On 4th, when I hit que Q, should I have folded, or ok to call a bet and a 2-bet? KK scared me a bit. MP had called sometimes before with low buried pairs. But BTN with T5 did not concern me much. If he kept raising, maybe he had TTT, but that was not the case. He did this many times before with weak hands.
3- When everybody checks on 5th, I believe I may have the best hand now. Should I have bet?
4- Standard fold facing trips on 6th? Again, a 9 dead, seems not good to peel. Even with all nines and queens live, standard fold, right?

I really hope to hear what you guys have to say :geek:
1 Yes it was wrong for the reasons you state as well as the T J K blocking straight outs and the K having redraws over our Q if you had A99 then we can flat- We could also get raised by the K to iso us with a very marginal holding most often this is not even a flat but a fold especially with the Ks showing
2 Yes we can easily be outdrawn by KK and the T V raised the KK they could have rolled up T's or AA

3 No we have 2 pair but the KK has redraws to better 2 pair and will never fold as well as the other potentially having AA as played with a redraw as well- We have a showdown hand V dependent or thin value on the river when checked to
4 Yes easy fold

This is the issue with not folding on 3rd we then kinda maybe sorta have outs to win this hand but we cannot make the nuts but maybe 2 pair is good but we have to put in multiple bets to find out.

Solid folds early is key to stud victory
:unsure::poop:

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1 Yes it was wrong for the reasons you state as well as the T J K blocking straight outs and the K having redraws over our Q if you had A99 then we can flat- We could also get raised by the K to iso us with a very marginal holding most often this is not even a flat but a fold especially with the Ks showing
2 Yes we can easily be outdrawn by KK and the T V raised the KK they could have rolled up T's or AA

3 No we have 2 pair but the KK has redraws to better 2 pair and will never fold as well as the other potentially having AA as played with a redraw as well- We have a showdown hand V dependent or thin value on the river when checked to
4 Yes easy fold

This is the issue with not folding on 3rd we then kinda maybe sorta have outs to win this hand but we cannot make the nuts but maybe 2 pair is good but we have to put in multiple bets to find out.

Solid folds early is key to stud victory
:unsure::poop:
The poop emoji was a misclick sorry:unsure::geek: 💓

Omahahahaha

Omahahahaha

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i think we have a fine open with split nines into 4 people. btn raising the paired door card is pretty weird.