$0.50-$1.00 Stud 8: Concealed High, Raise 3rd/7th?

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I realize no one cares about games other than hold'em (or maybe omaha). However, I will keep bumping this until someone reads it & comments, so nyah!

No reads on Villain, kid_gamble is very loose, and loves to raise. Sicknasty & Zippy are both fish.

How are my actions on 3rd/6th/7th? Remember, actions start from the *XXX* action and then work down. So on 7th street, kid_gamble folds before I raise.

Hand #55258177-16633
7 Card Stud *High-Low* ($0.50/$1), Ante $0.10, Bring-In $0.15

*3rd Street*

kid_gambl33: xx xx 8c___calls___calls
Hero: Qc Qh 2h___*brings in*___re-raises
Villain: xx xx Jd___calls___calls
Fadmann88: xx xx 3s___calls___folds
SickNasty61: xx xx 5c___folds
zippy7: xx xx Ts___raises___calls

*4th Street*

kid_gambl33: xx xx 8c 6d___calls
Hero: Qc Qh 2h Ah___*bets*
Villain: xx xx Jd 7s___calls
zippy7: xx xx Ts 9c___folds

*5th Street*

kid_gambl33: xx xx 8c 6d Th___calls
Hero: Qc Qh 2h Ah Kc___*bets*
Villain: xx xx Jd 7s 9d___calls

*6th Street*

kid_gambl33: xx xx 8c 6d Th 5s___checks
Hero: Qc Qh 2h Ah Kc 3c___checks
Villain: xx xx Jd 7s 9d 9h___*checks*

*River*

kid_gambl33: xx xx 8c 6d Th 5s xx___folds
Hero: Qc Qh 2h Ah Kc 3c 2c___raises
Villain: xx xx Jd 7s 9d 9h xx___*bets*___

jdeliverer

jdeliverer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like 3rd street. It gives you information, and also makes everyone think you are playing for the low (something that I think was helpful later this hand).

6th street, I like a bet here, I'm not worried about him having three nines (unless he made a fh) because he was calling all the other streets. If he does indeed c/r you, I would be more willing to believe he has a real hand.

On 7th, I think you have to raise for value, only because you have three to a low showing and your hand seems like you were playing for the low. I see him calling you with Jacks and Nines here a lot of the time hoping that you missed a low draw or even just playing to split.

I only would imagine you were beat if he caught something on the river.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like 3rd street. It gives you information, and also makes everyone think you are playing for the low (something that I think was helpful later this hand).
Why would I raise a low draw on 3rd? Only low draw I can see worth raising with a 2 in it is 234 all hearts, and even then, calling would be better since we want a multi-way pot.

I'm mainly raising 3rd to try and limit the number of low draws I'm playing against (more likely that I will scoop with Q's up). Buried queens also have a slight equity edge on 3rd against low cards, since they'll brick 4th quite often. But the main thing is to try and get the pot down to me & the guy with the tens, plus maybe a low draw.

I didn't bet 6th because if he started with split jacks, then he's just jumped ahead of me. Players are fishy enough to play crap like 9TJ, but even then, that hand just made trip 9's. I just couldn't think of a legit starting hand that wasn't ahead of me on 6th when he paired his board.

I thought 7th seemed a little thin, since straight draws, and trips/boats are all in his range. Still not sure if I love the raise on 7th, but I guess that's why I asked for opinions :p.