Online variance: how to deal?

Riccoboni

Riccoboni

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello guys from the forum!

Recently I apply myself to playing online, but I don't understand how online variance works. Is there any logic in online variance? I would also like to know how the card shuffling and distribution is performed. I could see that sometimes a placed bet can call a card, am I wrong?

Any material on how online poker are scheduled, if you have one, please indicate here.

See you..

C

CSLysander

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The most simple way to explain how to deal is to play way more hands than variance can mess up. That means a tournament player would have to play say 10 tournaments a day or more to make it mean nothing. Cash players would need to play thousands of hands for it to not matter. It all comes down to high numbers of hands being seen, the more the better.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"Online variance" is the same as variance in live poker. Its the same 52 card deck, which is used to deal the cards. The only difference is, its done by a machine rather than a human. The machine will generally do it more accurately than a human, although an experienced dealer can do it close to perfect.

T

tomk7788

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play your best poker and go with the flow. If you're playing well it's easier to put variance in perspective.

I

iamKK

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello guys from the forum!

Recently I apply myself to playing online, but I don't understand how online variance works. Is there any logic in online variance? I would also like to know how the card shuffling and distribution is performed. I could see that sometimes a placed bet can call a card, am I wrong?

Any material on how online poker are scheduled, if you have one, please indicate here.

See you..

Online variance is just like live, the only difference would be the rapid speed at which it occurs. When playing 1 online table, you are on avg playing 100hands per hour while live you are playing 30-40 hands per hour at best. Now just imagine a player playing 4 tables online or even 10 tables. This being said variance is the same in both but the speed is what changes.

In online the cards are given randomly. Please do not tell me that sites are rigged I do not want to hear it. It's good that people question these sites but complaining about RNG every time they lose is just absurd.

If you want to learn more about online poker you can join https://discord.gg/Vc2EDGjD its a discord only for online poker, might just be what you are looking for.

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play tight. Dispersion loves to confront us with difficult decisions at the very moment when times are tough for us. We need to make these decisions as simple as possible. Play premium hands, play in position. Put the right amount of money in good hands. If you miss the flop, don't play the hand, if the board is dangerous, play carefully. Fold your two pair if there is a straight, fold a flush on a double board, fold top pair if you have a lot on the river.
Some would call it a weak game. But I'm not encouraging you to play like this all the time, especially if there is not even a hint of a negative streak, then such a passive play will look stupid. However, we are not currently talking about how to play poker properly. Now we are discussing how to avoid streaks and regain confidence, how to make the right decisions in difficult circumstances.

Good layouts.

Yakk

Yakk

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Variance

About the variance;
It is an inherent and dynamic element in poker that produces large fluctuations in our results, it is also responsible for allowing us to win in the long term, due to this effect that variance has on our game, players with varying levels of abilities or skills participate. not discouraged in all types of tournaments with the possibility of winning a tournament, which can sometimes unconsciously generate an imaginary effect of being a winning player.
The variance is neutral, it does not help us nor does it affect us because we are indifferent to it, it simply happens due to the existence of probability and uncertainty in Poker, because this is a game where we will never have complete information, unlike many other games of table where you have in your hands all the information, like chess. Chinese checkers or backgammon, in these games you are better if you have greater retentive capacity in your memory and you can beat most players for a long time. In poker this does not happen constantly.
We must accept the variance as part of the game, it exists but it is not there to affect us, it is there as a motivating factor for us to improve and overcome the so-called luck or uncertainty, so to understand it we must study the basic fundamentals of poker such as EV, Pot odds, implicit odds, outs, hand ranges, etc.
Well, they are the basis to better understand our game, later will come the development of our strategy, thus knowing all these fundamentals and applying them correctly in each hand that we are involved we can reduce the uncertainty, the so-called "luck" and better recognize when in truth variance affects us.
We must always be aware of our level of play and not confuse bad play with variance, as well as recognize that our opponent at a certain moment surpassed us in his level of play, if we maintain that objectivity at all times we can gradually improve. our game, and understand that the variance is there as part of the game and we will be able to overcome with greater ease the so-called bad streaks and the adverse of the variance.

H

Harbringerbg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is tough. I just keep saying to myself, that these bad moments always pass and in the end the result is also solid win for me.