New Player Hand advice

P

PokerNabbl

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello Forum,

I played my biggest hand yesterday. I went to a 0.05/0.10 blind table on pokerstars with a stack of 6€. My first time for this table size. I just had a very good night (I´m in my 3rd week of poker and it was my best night yet) and I wanted to see the bigger table. I played a tight game with like 15% hands for about 2 hours.

Then at a Stack of 10€ I want to leave the table but I´am to slow and actually get dealt pocket Aces. First postion after blind I raise 0.20 and everyone folds just smallblind calls me. So I have to go to the flop without a chance to reraise. 8-6-10 flops. All different suits. he calls 0.40. I am abit angry at the bad flop and the player I play against is the one guy who has been folding all night. I guess he hit something on that board. Still I reraise him to 0.80, I think conforming if he has something was the right call. He goess all in 10€. I have the same, some cents more maybe.

I went all in cause I think I still have positive odds, but something tells me that it is such a shitty board. he shows A-10 which gives me a whooping 90% odds instantly (actually i had 64% before I knew his hand as I learned later).
I cant remember turn and river but he hit nothing I hit nothing and I took the pot and left the game instantly.

Sorry for this long beginner story. Basically I´m just really unsatisfied that my biggest play yet was made while not being sure if I´m gambling or not and I could have hit like 6-6 and stand there like a sour grape. I feel kinda stupid for that call all in.

tl;dr: AA pot is miniscule flop is 10-8-6 i get all inned, whats your call?

what would you have done?

B

bellicoso

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would've assumed the opponent had flopped a set. I always assume the worst though. :)

In any case, congrats on the win!

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands