Colored notes for your opponents

alexand8r

alexand8r

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone, how do you feel about the ability to mark your opponents with labels and color? Does this help you? By what principle do you celebrate them?

I'm convinced that this is a very powerful tool that allows you to remember and use the weaknesses of other players, especially if you are often transplanted during the tournament. I will describe here below what color I identify players after some playing time. And you also can write your thoughts and observations about this function :)

Blue for tight players who play based on their cards and practically don't bluff. They play carefully and it's better to believe their calls and raises.

Dark blue for tight-aggressive players who sometimes show aggression but generally don't bluff often.

Red for loose-aggressive players who constantly go all-in for the flop. I'm so annoyed by such coin tosses, it's not a real poker. Usually they drop out of the tournament in the early stages and hope for real bad cards :saint:. In such cases, it is better to raise bets after this player, and not before his bet.

Yellow for players of a mixed type, who often try to pick up a pot for themselves through frequent raises and bluffs. But if you bluff correctly and raise more on the turn and river, then they usually back down. They allow you get good pots eventually. If such a player speaks after you, then it makes sense not to raise bets and wait until he raises. And then call his bet.

And a fun option, purple: D For those damn lucky ones who go for a flop or turn with a chance of less than 10% and get a card on the river that makes their combination stronger than mine :eek:. Sometimes it seems that they are cheaters who hack the system and know that they will win. I’d better be afraid of these and follow their game so as not to fall for their tricks and possibly complain in support in the future time :D:D:D

Last edited:
alexand8r

alexand8r

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh guys, I really hope that you're in bed now or work, and not that you are too lazy to read a relatively long post. I really want you to share your experience on creating color marks :D This magical message should take my thread up a little :D :D :D

Gaviria8

Gaviria8

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course that help! I mark fishes and nits only. That help a lot while playing

cferdi

cferdi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, I use coloured notes as well as keeping written notes if possible. I use different colours but pretty much similar system. I find it very useful!;)

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's better to add a note together with color code. In my case it's a combination of letters and numbers. A-B-C-D-E-F + number 1-20.

But ofc HUD is a much better option.

run187

run187

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, mine start at yellow for donkey bingo player and purple for cheats that sit out ALL game. Actively entering a game to sit out and win money is cheating ..

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I haven't been play poker for a very long time. It's good to see this post, I'll keep this in mind and try this.

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is useful, but i never do so. :D

C

celtics33

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i also make notes for tendencies. if for example a player is on the highjack, cut-off and often raises to steal blinds I will note that so i can re-raise him and fight more. even with hands I wouldnt normally re-raise with. also if someone tends to bluff at a high clip, also if someone has a high tendency to bet often while floating, i will make of note of that and reply appropriately with a series of re-raises and jams. and other things i notice while playing.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is definitely a good thing to mark your opponents. And it's even better to take a note with it. It is important because you can play with hundreds or thousands of players, especially in tournaments, and so you can't remember everyone.

deyvsonflp

deyvsonflp

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes I use and use it much earlier than having a HUD. And yes, it is very useful.

alexand8r

alexand8r

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I use and use it much earlier than having a HUD. And yes, it is very useful.

Is it useful to use programs, trackers and managers, man? I hear about them so often, but it seems to me that their role is exaggerated. In any case, I would not want to get used to them, so that later maybe I would have difficulty in live events)) What do you think? Is it possible to play online without this and what indicators to focus on?

deyvsonflp

deyvsonflp

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is it useful to use programs, trackers and managers, man? I hear about them so often, but it seems to me that their role is exaggerated. In any case, I would not want to get used to them, so that later maybe I would have difficulty in live events)) What do you think? Is it possible to play online without this and what indicators to focus on?
Yes, of course it is possible to play well without a HUD. It's just another tool.

Alex_Ogienko

Alex_Ogienko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also use tags. but everything is simple for me - red is a strong aggressive player, and green is a fish. sometimes add a short entry to the color. and yes, that helps a lot.

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
tags on opponents is a very useful thing, but you need a sufficient number of games against the opponent to draw any conclusions, because only today he plays so poorly and thoughtlessly.

alexand8r

alexand8r

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
tags on opponents is a very useful thing, but you need a sufficient number of games against the opponent to draw any conclusions, because only today he plays so poorly and thoughtlessly.

You're right. However, sometimes in tournaments I came across loose-aggressive or slow-play players who were previously marked in color. It did this help to avoid losing my chips, since it was my turn to bet before them.

5KINGLEO5

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
green is a fish, red is an aggressive regular, yellow is an inadequate player.

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
its ok if it helps you, but what would you do in a live game?

alexand8r

alexand8r

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its ok if it helps you, but what would you do in a live game?

In a live game, player relocations do not happen often, so remembering your opponents playing styles is easy. In addition, a lot can be understood from human behavior and emotions.

Color notes in online rooms (in my opinion) are a response to the fact that in online tournaments there are often relocate players to many tables. Honestly, ofc I am against detailed statistics and managers, considering that even colored notes and the ability to constantly see your cards on the table already make the game different.

Benkisto_BR

Benkisto_BR

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't used notes in a while. Maybe it's because lately I've only been playing micro stakes MTT's. I think its use is interesting.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Yeah, mine start at yellow for donkey bingo player and purple for cheats that sit out ALL game. Actively entering a game to sit out and win money is cheating ..

What? How is sitting out 'cheating'?

I'm pretty sure I would have zero purple tags if I were using your system.

alexand8r

alexand8r

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't used notes in a while. Maybe it's because lately I've only been playing micro stakes MTT's. I think its use is interesting.

In the process of using these notes, I think if there are any other aspects that can be used with them. But everything seems so simple... that the separation of players according to the style of the game is maybe the only thing that can be done with colored notes :D

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I think the two most important labels are the ''Calling Station'' and the ''Tight'' .

If you are a regular poker player you will need more , than the above , describing the ABI(Average Buy In) / ROI / ITM , Cash games player ,if he is a winning one etc . Most of them you will easily find them on sharkscope- if available.

V

valts102

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mark only regs and fishes with yellow and blue colours

S

Slacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts