Avatars? Chat? virtual chip tricks

betty the rake

betty the rake

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So my avatar is subtle so not to intimidate anyone...it is a TBM. Does that scare you? What is my style?
Can the chat box be used much like chip manipulations in a live game? I try to tilt the people who will attack my play style with simple banter like "I remember my first beer" or "chat box disabled". In the low budget freeroll rooms for sure it has been succsessful. Thoughts?

PokerDragon99

PokerDragon99

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The chat box is very useful to do things like that.

I use it in S&g's to win.

You can find a lot of tips for that online.

AcooltartA

AcooltartA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a bunch of different avatars I use depending on what I'm doing. Like my poker avatars I tend to try to keep similar for marketing purposes. On a side note I am not doing anything special in the poker world at this moment lmfao but it never hurts to be prepared!

K

Kostik007

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a bunch of different avatars I use depending on what I'm doing. Like my poker avatars I tend to try to keep similar for marketing purposes. On a side note I am not doing anything special in the poker world at this moment lmfao but it never hurts to be prepared!
A big role is played by Avatar Poker?

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If this is working with any regularity, my guess is, you're up against very inexperienced players. Tell us how this works outside of the free roll and micro-stake realm.

R

Riomaa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Glad it's working I Guess but I think it's a really lousy strat. I'm siding the guy that says you're probably against inexperienced players.

I

icandonkyou

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually have chatbox not even open on tables. And the Avatars play no role in distraction for me as I do not pay attention to them.

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Using the Donald Trump avatar on ACR makes the crazies call you down.

Manjerica1

Manjerica1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
from time to time when I see the avatar of someone with references to coaches, I stop and give a searched in the person's sharcscope, I do not get intimidated but pay more attention when such a person enters the pot

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You click or double click on it and use the arrows on the side
yes but its 5 different versions of Nikki that I can choose from. My choice seems to be whether I have a 'booby' avatar or a 'booty' avatar! Oh well at least IM not the Donald!

wsbar

wsbar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Today my avatar in pokerstars is the logo of CardsChat, this forces me to play better because in my thinking this indicates that I am representing the Club and this causes me to be forced to play better. I do not play with this avatar with the intention of intimidating any other player. I play with this avatar with the intention of being required to play better continuously. In my thinking I am the best of the CardsChat club and for that reason I am obliged to play better and always win. I plan to be among the top 10 leaders in the Leaderboard table to prove to myself that I am a poker player, there is no Badbeat deal in my mind, there is balance in betting and there is no going all-in with top pair on the flop , nothing to be going allin with three of a kind if need on the flop. I want to be recognized by my good work.

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So my avatar is subtle so not to intimidate anyone...it is a TBM. Does that scare you? What is my style?
Can the chat box be used much like chip manipulations in a live game? I try to tilt the people who will attack my play style with simple banter like "I remember my first beer" or "chat box disabled". In the low budget freeroll rooms for sure it has been succsessful. Thoughts?

Wow.... people pay attention to that stuff.... I've never even looked at the chatbox....

S

Slip_Me_Aces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think they chatbox and avatars can definitely distract you if your not focused in on the poker. I don't like talking or seeing pictures when I am playing poker so I have intentionally disabled them on ACR. I also think those avatars make it feel like I am playing a kids game so it sort of ruins the whole experience for me. Not sure if anyone else feels like that but those avatars are so corny its ridiculous.

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think they chatbox and avatars can definitely distract you if your not focused in on the poker. I don't like talking or seeing pictures when I am playing poker so I have intentionally disabled them on ACR. I also think those avatars make it feel like I am playing a kids game so it sort of ruins the whole experience for me. Not sure if anyone else feels like that but those avatars are so corny its ridiculous.

IDK I kinda like my drunken dog

betty the rake

betty the rake

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
acr cartoonish, 64spades custom

I agree with the dumb ACR choices...i usually choose the vomiting princess. You can get any image on 64Spades for your avatar. If you have a photo of yourself or your pet you do give some information away. If your SCREENNAME is all caps, I am much more likely to call you down. I sometimes google folks I play with just to get some info I might need to defend myself(OMG you are a Dallas Cowboy fan? so sorry!):sheep: if they go off on some donk rant about my play style or attack me for being a betty ....​

lilu80

lilu80

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
"tells poker" is important in the game. The first "tells poker" is avatar and chat.
Example when you see player avatar with car or house, you can be sure that player offten is fresh fish :) I saw one player with very good "tells poker" in the final Sunday Million, which still writing on chat "deal please deal". He didn't really want it! This was his pro "tell poker"! Players immediately thought about themselves wthat he is very tight, afraid and with not aggresive. That was his plan and he could often steal from them chips! He won SundayMillion.

F

fordman427

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it would be harder to pick up tells off of avatars but watching what someone puts in the chat box is definitely going to give away information. Watch a players play following putting something into chat to see if you can pick up tendencies, if the go off on a player and then get aggressive most likely they are on tilt

A

Andrey Zubkov

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try not to stand out visually in games. This should simplify the analysis of my game

XSCREAMMANX

XSCREAMMANX

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i found on ACR thatchange the avatars expresstions works pretty for manipulation. based on what you are trying to accomplish during the hand.