What do you do against time wasters?

L

LotharMcDowner

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Heads up against this guy and he keeps using every moment of the time bank. Like every hand, every street. In a CC freeroll no less... what do you do against that... I started wasting my own time too, but just seems stupid. People like that are the reason we have to have clocks in the first place. Meh, maybe I'm being harsh... but thoughts?

J

James24543

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its probably a tactic to frustrate you so you make reckless moves. There is really nothing you can do about it except message the player and tell them to hurry up.

L

LotharMcDowner

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Meh, it didnt work, got it in good against him four out of four (went 2/4 tho lol). Still lost, but seems silly to angle shoot a fellow member in a CC freeroll, especially for like 8 bucks.

BoyNamedSude

BoyNamedSude

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you were heads up, in a freeroll against the guy, i assume you are the last 2 in the tournament... so stay cool... and play hard... but its over... how did u fare? did you tilt? did his strategy work?
u have to remember that there are various tools a player can use in his strategy box... and just going slow may be enough to throw guys off their pulse...and it is a strong play... and harsh...
how did it end?

BoyNamedSude

BoyNamedSude

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you are looking for friends, perhaps you would be interested in a dating site? this is poker bro... the rules are the rules... angle shot or not... put your best foot forward... OR...
start cussing plenty and come on the chat forum after and gripe about it.

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not bothered by this type of behavior at all, because playing at a slower pace at a particular table does not delay the overall tournament ending time unless it happens on the bubble or at the final table. It just makes the players at that particular table play less hands in comparison to the other tables, and that is not necessarily a bad thing since playing less hands also means posting blinds less often and also less antes which eat from your stack even if you keep folding. Playing at a slower pace actually gives everyone at the table a slight advantage over the players on the faster tables, especially in the later stages of the tournament with short stacks.

D

Damian Air

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Heads up against this guy and he keeps using every moment of the time bank. Like every hand, every street. In a CC freeroll no less... what do you do against that... I started wasting my own time too, but just seems stupid. People like that are the reason we have to have clocks in the first place. Meh, maybe I'm being harsh... but thoughts?
I'd slow down as well. Match the opponent's speed. Make the mental adjustments so as to not get triggered or tilt, tell yourself you too have ALL the time in the world. Important thing is once you've made that decision, stick to it.

goaldriversv

goaldriversv

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it's most likely used as a tactic to frustrate the opponent. if it worked, then you'd need to build up your mental state playing poker. typically though this is a cheap tactic that rarely works. i'm always multi tasking anyway (literally right now i'm playing a table at acr) so it never bothers me. if i'm being really petty, i'll return the favor

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Timewasting is always good until you're the one doing it :)

naitutreaba

naitutreaba

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why you assume is a waste of time,he might multiple tables or just genuine thinking about the hand,i sometimes do the same as i want to remeber
A specific profitable spot :)

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The time bank provided by the rules of the game and if a player deems it necessary to use it, then it is absolutely his right.

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
It used to be a terrible problem on pokerstars when some player used to multi-table 24 tables or more.

To point them out in chat or ask them to hurry up usually have no effect.

But as stated it is not against any rules so if it tilts you change table (or even site) if possible.

Zoom (and similar variants) is also very fast.

On 888-poker you can throw virtual eggs and tomatoes on them (sometimes they get so embarrassed that some notice their behavior that they hurry up or leave).

But you should learn to accept it if they don't seem to change and concentrate on your one game. It's the only thing you can control.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
Sometimes it takes time to think carefully about decisions, so I treat these moments with understanding. It is another matter if your opponent is specifically using the time to irritate you.
Good luck.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have a certain amount of time with in the rules of the poker client. How someone uses that is their business. It can be annoying, it is why the do it. Lot of people multi-table and need the time.

You didn't mention the results of the event. Do you take it down?

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
In poker, there are rules for all, you have to get used ...

Techniquez

Techniquez

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hold on,i'm thinking,,,, :hmmmm:

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Are you serious? :eek: Such things are bothering you in a freeroll? Opponent has approx 20 seconds for decision plus 60-100 seconds time bank. If you're that concentrated in the final of a freeroll and you can't wait such small amount of time, then i strongly recommend you to check your tilt level. Tilt can be a progressive disease you know, and since you've typed a complain about it here I feel like your opponent made a good move increasing your tilt level in that game :D:D

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some people need time to think, some are trying to use an odds calculator before deciding, some people think they look like better players if they take forever and some are just trying to piss you off and through you off your game. Just chill out and use the time figure what he has and what you will do when he/she does decide to play.

N

nellorossi83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I drink my terere slowly

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is nothing you/we can do about it but at 888 you can throw cake or something at them

E

Erickaie

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nothing much we can do, but yes player like this is very annoying and can literally mess your game plan, all i can say is keep your cool and hope you will be tranfered into another table, and just play tight till then!

U

ussys

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually i meet this stupid tactic in spin’n’go…) i just beginning to doing the same thing and quite often opponent gives up, but if he continues you can turn on music for meditation, yet):rolleyes:

Last edited:
N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also do not see the logic behind constant time wasting. If you are on the bubble very short stacked and wait someone else to bust it has some sense but in any other case i don't see the logic. At least in online poker after loosing your time bank you have just around 10 seconds to act so if somebody will use the full 10 seconds or 2 of them it does not matter so much.