MTT Tournaments

D

domdiego

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are you focused on long tournaments from start to the end?

oleg plugaru

oleg plugaru

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From the beginning I'm not particularly focused .. But if I go deeper, everything is much more interesting ...

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I try to play with concentration, but not always.

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The longer, the more focused I become.

P

Pickat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find it hard to keep good concentration early in the tournament ( one of my leaks ) . But it increases the deeper I go .

Gohaku94

Gohaku94

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes i am focused from start to end on everything i play.
Im a cash game player now so when i have 100bb+ in the begining of mtts i just apply my cash game strategy.
If i have 100+ latter i will look to bully people ar every oportunity i get :D so.. focus on based on stage not stack i guess, but always

O

one3one

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tend to not have the greatest focus early, which I'm sure is a bit of a leak. However I play micro stakes and very TAG straight-forward poker in early stages, so a ton of thought isn't quite as necessary. If I do get lucky and gain a stack, I will pay a bit more attention at that point.

Betmakers

Betmakers

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The more buy-in, the more interesting the game, respectively. But sometimes you win a triple all in in the freeroll and you have to play until the end))

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
all instances of a tournament are important, if you really want to get good results you have to focus, because a single distraction can cost you the elimination

G

Gojira

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
New Strategy Guys

Do you think it's true that we should just play with premium hands in MTTs?:)

D

darpblog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My attention dwindles during the mid stages, for the very long tournaments. It takes getting in the money to be more engaged. It's a leak for me

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Always need focus on game,and of course patience...But not always it turns out...

I

Ivan Zaruba

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is not always possible for me.

And sometimes it is very disturbing.

M

Maurits92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Considering I play quite tight in the early stages of a MTT my focus is pretty low in the beginning as I play few hands. Once I progress far enough to reach bubble/post-bubble play it starts getting interesting and my opening range widens.

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are not focused on playing in the tournament from start to finish, then. in my opinion, you do not need to start playing in this tournament.

It's a waste of time and money.

timberwolf94

timberwolf94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wish I could say that I am always focused but really I must be the opposite of most people. I'm more focused in the beginning then kinda zone out in the middle & try to regain at the end

bra01

bra01

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I get more focused since the anti has apperaed

rikoberto

rikoberto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At start of my Mtt sessions,i try to share my focus at 8-12 tables i usually play..Because of that multi-tabling i am not 100% focused at specific table except an interesting spot appears that needs all my mental attention..If i go deep,my attention increased to 100% and i am totally focused to every decision i should take.

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course the longer the tournament, the harder it is to play! I notice my concentration gets worse after 5 hours of play! Sometimes I enter the game 5 minutes before the end of "late registration" , so I try to win one or two hours of play! Many fish had already dropped out of the game or tired of the game and are willing to give away their chips without a fight!

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
If it's a really long game that lasts over 7 hours then it's definitely not easy to play concentrated all the time. And as the main stage comes after those 7+ hours of play, no matter what you have to be on top of your game then or at least be more concerned and focused than your opponents are. So I think my least concentrated game comes in the middle of the tournament, usually I build a big stack and then don't get involved in too many hands as you won't be able to win them all at this stage but easily can bust out. So from my perspective that's the most calm stage, where you can sort of distract yourself but have to come back, once your stack dropped or the late stage approaches. That's vital to do, but may not be that easy.

Insomnia6590

Insomnia6590

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm usually focused on the first hour
It happens later that I lose focus and make a stupid mistake

S

sid kendell

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only play 2 tables so am focused from beginning to end.Im always looking for spots to loosen up ;spots to double barrel;checkraise etc. Look at what each player shows down.Constantly looking to implement new concepts that I just learned.I am always reviewing hands while im playing to see if I missed any oppotunities in previous hands so I can adjust.

dedok0525

dedok0525

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is very difficult to be focused over a long tournament.
On the Sunday storm, when I start playing, I listen to music, then I turn on the TV.
Even relax and focus helps to beer.

B

BesseNuts

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the beggining I use to be tight, and I dont let impatience catch me (I do some stuffs, like watching TV) . In mid game, I get fully focused.