MTT Bad Run with AKo

S

SaltedPotato

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Guys just want to rant about some hands that I’ve been in, i think most of it are bad plays over bad luck.

1st Hand

AKo All in Pre with 57BB 4bet against loose maniac’s 3bet in CO.

CO calls and shows 63s.

Board runs out J53 6 7

2nd Hand

Hero in UTG (89BB) with AKo raises to 2.5BB
CO raises to 6BB
BTN calls 6BB
BB shoves all in for 35BB
Hero shoves all in for 83BB
CO shoves all in for 75BB
BTN shoves all in for 32BB

BB : QQ
CO : KK
BTN : JTo
HERO : AKo

Board : 1055 8 Q

3rd Hand

Hero with AKo on BTN raises to 2.5BB with 58BB effective

BB (23% VPIP with 17 hands) is the table big stack 3bets to 7BB

Hero 4bets to 19BB
BB calls and completes

FLOP: AhKd4s

BB checks
Hero bets half pot
BB quickly calls

TURN: 7s

BB checks
Hero bets 2/3 pot
BB min raises
Hero shoves all in
BB calls with 58s

RIVER: 10s

royalburrito24

royalburrito24

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Guys just want to rant about some hands that I’ve been in, i think most of it are bad plays over bad luck.

1st Hand

CO calls and shows 63s.

Board runs out J53 6 7

2nd Hand

CO raises to 6BB
BTN calls 6BB

3rd Hand

Hero 4bets to 19BB
BB calls and completes

BB checks
Hero bets half pot
BB quickly calls

BB checks
Hero bets 2/3 pot
BB min raises
Hero shoves all in
BB calls with 58s

Oooof tough ones.

On the 2nd one I think you find the fold button. BB shoving range must be very small considering there was an UTG raiser, and a 3-bet ahead of him. I rarely fold AK but this would be one of them unless BB is a loose donk.

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AK is a pretty strong hand preflop, but these are just two overcards. More surprising is the fact that there are players who can go all the way with a couple of small suited cards, not even necessarily bundles. The consolation is that they do not stay long in the tournament. But before the flight, they can knock out several players and easily give their stack to the next lucky one, which in turn may not be the strongest. Perhaps that is why the game in freerolls and at low limits is very tiring.

S

SaltedPotato

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
AK is a pretty strong hand preflop, but these are just two overcards. More surprising is the fact that there are players who can go all the way with a couple of small suited cards, not even necessarily bundles. The consolation is that they do not stay long in the tournament. But before the flight, they can knock out several players and easily give their stack to the next lucky one, which in turn may not be the strongest. Perhaps that is why the game in freerolls and at low limits is very tiring.

The tournaments are all $50 $50 $150 respectively

C

Cezar23927

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I seem to loose almost all the Time with AK, even when The come on The flop, I think IT îs something with The poker platforma, they changed the odds of winning with premium hands so they have more rake, more chaos îs more money for them

cferdi

cferdi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Played my first CardsChat Freeroll today and was loving putting all my learning into practice. Had a good chip lead early to middle stages. Later on and 3 AK (2 suited) beaten in a row when villains called after me with suited cards (QT, Q5, 74, I think they were). Not all beat me with their flush draws but they all beat my AK and with Preflop raises and CBets that late in the game I was soon low in chips.

Still, I managed to win 18c! wooooohoo:D Here's to the next one!

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Played my first CardsChat Freeroll today and was loving putting all my learning into practice. Had a good chip lead early to middle stages. Later on and 3 AK (2 suited) beaten in a row when villains called after me with suited cards (QT, Q5, 74, I think they were). Not all beat me with their flush draws but they all beat my AK and with Preflop raises and CBets that late in the game I was soon low in chips.

Still, I managed to win 18c! wooooohoo:D Here's to the next one!

It is possible and necessary to deal with similar villains who enter the game with marginal hands. First of all, you should not let them see the flop for cheap. After the flop, everything will depend on your intuition and the ability to read your opponents, in other words, on your skill. Your hand will not always win, but if you are as accurate as possible when choosing the value of bets, and call in accordance with the chances of the bank, then you will play plus for a long distance. Of course, giving advice is much easier than following these very tips. But the one who strives for this wins more often. Just yesterday, he flew out of the tournament with pocket aces against the kings and, as usual, by an unfortunate coincidence, the king came on the river.

S

Scroooob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

1st Hand

CO calls and shows 63s.

Board runs out J53 6 7

2nd Hand

CO raises to 6BB
BTN calls 6BB

3rd Hand

Hero 4bets to 19BB
BB calls and completes

BB checks
Hero bets half pot
BB quickly calls

BB checks
Hero bets 2/3 pot
BB min raises
Hero shoves all in
BB calls with 58s

I think you can survive the first situation. I don't like going all in there. What is his 3 bet size? I'd double it, since he is a maniac. If he calls, then you can easily fold to his bet on the flop. If he shoves, then you might be able to find a muck there. Maybe. That depends on if you want to risk your tourney on that hand

cferdi

cferdi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is possible and necessary to deal with similar villains who enter the game with marginal hands. First of all, you should not let them see the flop for cheap. After the flop, everything will depend on your intuition and the ability to read your opponents, in other words, on your skill. Your hand will not always win, but if you are as accurate as possible when choosing the value of bets, and call in accordance with the chances of the bank, then you will play plus for a long distance. Of course, giving advice is much easier than following these very tips. But the one who strives for this wins more often. Just yesterday, he flew out of the tournament with pocket aces against the kings and, as usual, by an unfortunate coincidence, the king came on the river.

Yep, I understand that. I wasn't letting them see for cheap, that's why it cost me so much in chips that late in the tournament! But, not everyone plays well in Freerolls, and they call regardless, and that's what was happening - still, as I said, I got stripped of a lot of chips by those three hands but still ended up winning something (can't remember the place, but was decent for my first one and ITM anyway, so happy overall).

Thanks for the response xx:)

S

Scroooob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

1st Hand

CO calls and shows 63s.

Board runs out J53 6 7

2nd Hand

CO raises to 6BB
BTN calls 6BB

3rd Hand

Hero 4bets to 19BB
BB calls and completes

BB checks
Hero bets half pot
BB quickly calls

BB checks
Hero bets 2/3 pot
BB min raises
Hero shoves all in
BB calls with 58s

Maybe I replied too soon, but I ran into a similar situation yesterday in the ACR 4K. After cashing, and building a huge stack, I was gone in 5 hands due to ak losing to ace rag in 3 straight all ins. Even the table was like "yikes" though that was small consolation as I went to payout cage with only a min cash :(

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
well all those hands that you played AK were usually at the beginning of the tournament right. but you also didn’t respect position that in my opinion this prevails a lot and I always study position and I’ve seen it happen often at the tables. what you should do and fold that AK at the beginning of the tournament.