How to analyse your hand post game?

B

blacknight92

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys

how should i do post study of my tournament games?Have never done it before.

Thanks

alienat3d

alienat3d

easy-going alien grinder
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
@blacknight92, that's a good question! And you're doing a very right thing, with that you've started to work on your game after your poker session. That's how you improve your skills! And that is what differs the minority of sharks comparing to the huge majority of fish in poker world. :cool:

Well first of all you shall learn your chances to win in common situations to be able figuring quickly what chances to win you have/what price you can afford to pay following your draws against range of the villain. Either you look for ready charts in internet or even better you could use this nicely made Poker Pot-odds Calculator here: https://www.cardschat.com/poker-odds-calculator.php

One of the best way to improve your game and analyzing your hands is posting it at this forum. These action has two advantages:
1) By doing that, you are taking time (which you hadn't when you been playing those hand) to figure out the best way you could have played that hand. Your brain does analytical work, which is already very useful for improving yourself, as poker player.
2) The members of our community, some of them probably even more experienced players, than you, would give you different point of views and maybe even give you clues how to play that hand better and why, some ideas that wouldn't come to your head by itself.

Here you can post your Tournament Hands: https://www.cardschat.com/forum/tournament-hand-analysis-51/

Before you post, please read the rules and short manual how you doing it right, here: https://www.cardschat.com/forum/tou...ent-hand-analysis-read-before-posting-174517/

And here is additional information written by me to help you analyze and make proper posts for analyzing hand: https://www.cardschat.com/forum/tournament-hand-analysis-51/freeroll-nlhe-mtt-its-not-a-386903/
---
There are also several advanced software, you could use to learn Poker Math better.
ICMzer, Flopzilla, PokerStrategy Equilab, PokerStrategy ICM Trainer, PIO Viewer, Holdem Resources etc.
Maybe some (or even all) of them will be a bit overwhelming for you, as you got no experience of working with such software. And it's alright. Don't be afraid, just try and use them, step by step. Watch some learning videos on Youtube about and after some weeks of using it will as clear as day.

However i must say most of them are not free-to-use and you have to buy license.
But some of them are free: PokerStrategy Equilab, PokerStrategy ICM Trainer.
Some of them are partly free: ICMzer (3 calculations per day allowed for free). You could try PIO Viewer for free where some functions however restricted.
Flopzilla & Holdem Resources have trial versions.

I would start with first 3 on your place and later, when those are become "well known" for you, you may think to invest some dollars to buy more advances Analytic Poker Software.

I hope i could help you a bit. If you have further questions, don't hesitate to ask me! ;)
p.s. Will be glad to see your Hands on our Forum and maybe even analyze them too. :)

Last edited:
ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, blacknight, I think that aliena has given you many options.
But if you do not use Holdem Manager or PokerTracker to play poker, you can keep your hands on boomplayer, if you play at pokerstars, then you can raise that hand here Cardschat in the forum sub tournament hand analysis.
Aliena told you many programs, which serve to analyze the range of hand, if it was fold, push, etc, but if you do not use not one of those programs, I think , simply raise your hand here in Cardschat and you 'll get good advice.
gl:D

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands Top 10 Games