Do You Take Notes on Players?

redboy23

redboy23

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It pays to take notes on players. Because of this habit, I was able to make a call that I would have folded in many other circumstances. This "chronic bluffer and draw chaser who bets each street", according to my notes, put my tournament life on the line.

See the action here.

I am not saying that he could not have out flopped me in this hand whit the very wide range that he plays but something was off about the check on the flop and the shove after the river. He is usually very aggressive on each street according to my notes and was a little out of character there. Most persons use this strategy to disguise a monster hand as a bluff - so was quite a scary call.

I would like to hear from you.

Share the hand that you were involved in and the note that helped you make the right decision.

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My note taking is terrible so i mainly rely on colour coding with a few meaningful notes on people.I dont go indepth with my notes or take specific notes on idividual hands or anything like that. Ill just take short notes of any bet size tells and specific things like that.If i have someone colour coded Red it will let me know they are bad aggressive players etc..

C

ChicoRSC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only player that shows some experience playing.. I just put red color for the really tight players... So when they raise or 3bet me, I`d give more attention for him....
Mainly in tornaments... I think that it`s a good tool.

W

wpilson70

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Back in the day, on Party, I would take notes

At First, I really didn’t know how to take notes. I would put the guys hand up, and note the bet, or try an edited version of the hand and how it played out

Over time, the notes became less and less useful. All they became was a distraction. I had ten notes on this guy, fifteen on that one, and how did any of the info relate to the hand I’m in right now?

Clock ticking. I got 15 seconds to make decisions. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

It gave me an indication of range. That was about it. Doyle has some talk of ranges and information in Super System. How the information, accumulated over time, would come naturally. You wouldn’t have to struggle to recall it (or frantically scroll through fifteen notes on the chat box) when you needed that info

Party recently had players change their names. Rendering previous notes useless.

Not sure if any of this is useful

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I do not take notes on players, but I keep general notes for every day' s games. I could keep notes for games with a few players, but when I play in mtts with around 3000 players, or cash games with some hundrends of players , taking notes may be a little confusing.

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I take notes but they are very brief but they help.:):):)

V

Veritas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I label all my opponents and take notes whenever I see a Showdown with non-Standard Action
it really helps when you Play against them

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I take a lot of notes. It’s key information that I use in future decisions. I have given myself tendencies and HH that have led me to making a big call or lay down. When you encounter players a lot, you can fall back on there exploitable mistakes. Obv players tend to make adjustments so I’m amending my notes or making additions. Luckily I have used notes to benefit me more than not. Players are creatures of habit. Fortunately, this applies to those less skilled, or those that make predictive plays often. If a player makes loose calls, shoves any 2, is very tight, shoves top pair, TT-AA, cant fold AK no matter what and chases to the river, or makes wild shoves near the bubble I like to note it. IMO there’s no harm in noting something I see for further reference. At some time those players may be in a hand with me and those notes will be useful.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I label all my opponents and take notes whenever I see a Showdown with non-Standard Action
it really helps when you Play against them

I try to do the same.

bablovod

bablovod

stupid parody of the game
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
I take notes sometimes, but they have to be corrected often. maybe all this is useless, I played poorly, and play. :(

Tvorets

Tvorets

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not make notes on players. To this end, I have HM2

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont use notes much to be honest. I feel, they often tend to become about how, someone played in a specific hand, which might or might not say anything about, how they will play in the future. I always have a HUD running, and I feel, it pretty much give me the information, I need, and in a more objective way.

fernandovr

fernandovr

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I started to do that I noticed that it makes a difference, sometimes I make plays that I normally would not do because of notes.

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Ever.

Always, it is not difficult to find players who bet on the flop, turn and river with nothing or with marginal hands, it is very important to have information from opponents.:cool:

flattershay

flattershay

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Notes are uselful, if you know how to make them properly. Mines are probably worthless but I took some info about players, especially when I lose a huge hands against them. Also, just focusing and observing on other players will help out more than any notes. But for a short time:)

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to take notes, but I mostly play in tournaments with a lot of players, I rarely meet these people at the same table, so this idea was not relevant

W

witfighter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I take simple notes to identify bots, fish, and most of all skilled players. like players who slow play good hands

C

coolcukes

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Note Taking

It pays to take notes on players. Because of this habit, I was able to make a call that I would have folded in many other circumstances. This "chronic bluffer and draw chaser who bets each street", according to my notes, put my tournament life on the line.

See the action here.

I am not saying that he could not have out flopped me in this hand whit the very wide range that he plays but something was off about the check on the flop and the shove after the river. He is usually very aggressive on each street according to my notes and was a little out of character there. Most persons use this strategy to disguise a monster hand as a bluff - so was quite a scary call.

Share the hand that you were involved in and the note that helped you make the right decision.

I don't have a hand in question but have been thinking about taking notes for the same reason you mentioned. I am a US Player and can only play on a couple of sites so note taking wont be too bad I hope, thanks for posting

E

Emotiveapc

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If I get a really good read on a person for sure I'll always note their style but I like to make sure be at the table for a little while or even see them in another tournament. I'm sure as my reading abilities grow I'll be more confident but for now I like to make sure they are how I think they are.

C

Canwai

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a habit that I really need to acquire, but I never do.[emoji53][emoji53]

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont take notes, but I do keep a bit of a list of some suspicious players/bots/whatever lol

Rumengh

Rumengh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
worth notes about the players. Because of this habit I was able to call, which I folded in many other circumstances. This "chronic blafar and drawing stalker who bets on every street," according to my notes, put my tournament life on the line.

See the action here.

I'm not saying he could not leave me in the arm with a very wide range that he plays, but something was wrong with the check on the flop and kicking. Usually he is very aggressive on every street according to my notes and there is little character. Most people use this strategy to conceal the hand of a monster bluff - it was pretty scary.

Tell hand in which you participated, and note that you helped to make the right decision.
From the beginning took notes on players but now their lead as aggressors are their aggressors and easy to spot. More dangerous are the players who can change the game at any time. You need to aim precisely to that.

I

Igrok1385385

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes I make a record, but rarely. I play online and the probability of encountering the same player at his table is very low. Playing live makes sense, and if the online sense of the game is lost. But that's just my opinion.

Ш

Шахрухбек

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, of course. If you want to win)