Call or fold with set, wet flop.

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi mates, that think about this hand, I thought about it for a moment and I did fold, it was a great pot, for that reason I thought about calling.:D:p

It was the cardschat freeroll, what would you have done?:confused:

Attachments

• c1.jpg
    c1.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 28
Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi mates, that think about this hand, I thought about it for a moment and I did fold, it was a great pot, for that reason I thought about calling.:D:p

Not a crazy fold. Especially considering all the action.

Although you are 20% to win with a full house or quads - as long as you avoid a straight flush!

It's hard for me to fold top set on the flop. I still want to respect myself in the morning!!

Good luck !

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A difficult decision, if we collect a full house we get a good stack, on the other hand it is clear that one of the opponents has a ready hand straight or flush. Now, if to know some information about the opponents of the decision would be easier. Probably still would have discarded the cards.

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pretty painfull fold, but my opinion is, it was good one. Yes you could make full house there, but most of the time you will be out of the tournament there. It was hard decision, but definitely correct one

N

NotOnTheRiver

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well , i dont see how much were the blinds , but because there are so much dead money in the pot i would definetely call, especially in a freeroll.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am calling here. We rarely have the best hand with all this action ahead of us, but we have around 30% chance to improve to top boat or quads, and its either going to be a 3-4 way pot or a pot with a lot of dead chips in it. Especially in a freeroll its not really worth my time to hang on only to min-cash or latter up. I want to gun for the win or at least a top-5 finish, and this seem like a decent spot to pick up a lot of chips. If I bust, my work is done, and I can spend my time for something else. I am totally ok with that.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It was a freeroll and moreover the prizes have not yet arrived. It was possible to call allin. The opportunity to get a full house was.

maxivega

maxivega

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good decision, it was too unnecessary risk to pay with a trio, you could do fullhouse, but if it was not completed you would have been too far back in hand, there are probabilities of ladder, color and color ladder. also there are several in the boat.

L

lierm

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have called. I just always have that feeling, that others are bluffing. All the time.
probably its just a newbies nature:confused:

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It would be good to know the pre-flop action, but generally we have to call here.

The reason is because we're getting almost 2:1 odds and we're only a 2:1 underdog to hit our full house or quads. The call quickly become profitable if anybody else calls (since we would then win more money those times we spike the full house) or we account for having the best hand at the flop occasionally -- such as against a lower set.

With that said, folding here takes a lot of discipline so even if the odds were good enough I'm impressed you were able to lay it down!

A

AndreasM

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

Your showing a pot of 630 with 4 callers indicating little or no action pre flop where the error is in my opinion and you may have let a 4 6 diamonds in a pot the should not be in. As to folding you should have called to learn the cards against you where you had the odds for the win and should have taken them. Had you lost it would have been great brain training for the whole picture and the next freeroll. Usually its bet small if you want a raise or just a call or bet big to protect a small pair if you dont want callers and are happy with the current bets. But thats me thinking normally without the knowledge of previously played hands but judging the size of the stacks on the table I can tell who the bully is and Im more than happy to go in ahead with a bully that will double me up if it holds.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, Good Fold the utg makes a good bet and there is a limper and another player shoves, all these in MP, there is a great possibility that someone already has flus or at least someone has a straigth, you had to go out to find the fullhouse, I think it's right to save your stack and continue in the tournament. good fold

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It would be good to know the pre-flop action, but generally we have to call here.

The reason is because we're getting almost 2:1 odds and we're only a 2:1 underdog to hit our full house or quads. The call quickly become profitable if anybody else calls (since we would then win more money those times we spike the full house) or we account for having the best hand at the flop occasionally -- such as against a lower set.

With that said, folding here takes a lot of discipline so even if the odds were good enough I'm impressed you were able to lay it down!

Hi Collin, Thank you for answering, and for the numbers you have told me, the next occasion in a similar situation, I will definitely not fold.

The BB was 60, player mus713 OR 135, Tbone, JCuervo, je otramas and sheepodog calls.
Flop, must713 cbet 630, Tbone calls, and JCuervo push, je otramas fold :D:eek:
Pretty painfull fold, but my opinion is, it was good one. Yes you could make full house there, but most of the time you will be out of the tournament there. It was hard decision, but definitely correct one

Good decision, it was too unnecessary risk to pay with a trio, you could do fullhouse, but if it was not completed you would have been too far back in hand, there are probabilities of ladder, color and color ladder. also there are several in the boat.

Hi, Good Fold the utg makes a good bet and there is a limper and another player shoves, all these in MP, there is a great possibility that someone already has flus or at least someone has a straigth, you had to go out to find the fullhouse, I think it's right to save your stack and continue in the tournament. good fold

Attachments

• c2.jpg
    c2.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 21
Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I would have looked at the tournament to see if it was only worth giving up or paying. and I would also see if I was going to compromise my chips and end my tournament because at least I should have one with a flush on the table!

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I'm not able to see attached images on the forum on this computer (likely due to using an older, outdated OS). Sometimes when it's copied and re-posted it then shows up for me (hence why I'm doing that now).

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
sigh... I still can't see it :( (I'll try checking it out from other computer or tablet)

wyoming4paul

wyoming4paul

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You've got 7 outs, then 10, about 40%. With that much in there, calling is not a bad pay at all.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You've got 7 outs, then 10, about 40%. With that much in there, calling is not a bad pay at all.

I agree. As long as you're not facing a straight flush, you have a decent amount of outs.

ssangyongpoker

ssangyongpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
with top set, im coming over the top and committing my chips here

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Looks like a bunch of limpers got in to see the flop and now you're seeing a bunch of action. Fold looks right here unless you don't value the tournament at all and just want to take a stab at possibly hitting a boat to take it down.

Vorem

Vorem

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
most likely it's a good fold, but
in this situation I not folded

Anton Fedorov

Anton Fedorov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not always there will be a hundred percent flush or straight, most often it will be a dro combination. I would play a call, since the cardschat freeroll takes place in my region very late at night, and I play as aggressively as possible loose, as they say either immediately a large stack or go to sleep:sleep:

P

Pablo22

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If I had middle set I think I fold.
with top set I think it is not a bad spot to get them in.

chilindrodolar

chilindrodolar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No one is immune to lose, even the best players in the world lose matches, and these losses are the result of errors or bad decisions. It is important not to make the mistake of thinking that you will always win, your goal should be to play as best as possible in each game.!!

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
not a bad ratio of your stack to the can-Call!

Folding in Poker