AK easy come chips easy go chips thoughts?

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Hello, I agree with you.Two different situations in these two dealings. AK is not AA! Lol! Success next time .

X

xexeu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe that I had done the same To make these plays, it is important to take into account the size of the blinds in relation to your stack and your opponent's. AK in this two cases is right for me.

A

aprendiz9000

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with xexeu. Both plays appear correct. You were dominating the other 2 players in the first hand, and a coin-flip in the second hand. Go for the knockout and try to earn the bounty!

smerald

smerald

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yup. Seems like some pretty normal AK hands.. How did you finish in the tournament?

supernuts25

supernuts25

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just the cards chat mega wsop sat with AK lol I definitely agree, its right to call a lot of situations with it, but it doesn't always win

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yup. Seems like some pretty normal AK hands.. How did you finish in the tournament?

Got crucified by KQ calling my AQ jam and KQ rivered a straight in the end I SB V BB :)

supernuts25

supernuts25

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont know if i would of played that AK u did end up winning and having best hand, but there was a raise a re raise and a rere raise before you. ut nice hand and win

supernuts25

supernuts25

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think u should of reraised and then seen a flop, you had a nice chip stack there was no reason to just jam on a two hundred raise, then u could have gotten away from that missing the board entirely,

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i think u should of reraised and then seen a flop, you had a nice chip stack there was no reason to just jam on a two hundred raise, then u could have gotten away from that missing the board entirely,

Yes you are right but every time you 3x bb raise 5 callers no chance of winning lol
Have to relax with AK just that hand am crazy for pushing it 99 percent of time,
Have to work on that thank you for advice.:icon_thum

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also often have such moments in one hand, AK plays well and in the other one does not play AK at all, but you played it right, AK is normal for all-in but it happens that it plays fine and sometimes it loses!

C

cgcook38

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This would be an automatic fold for me. This is a freezeout tournament with bounties, right? My thought is there are a multitude of better spots to play a hand. Here, you have high card with 3 others actively in the pot. What range do you put them on? If one has a pair, you're a coin flip against them, but much worse against multiple opponents. With Raise-Call-Raise, is one of your aces taken? Is a King? I would say likely.

Worse yet, you're offering players 3 and 4 better than 2:1 odds for their money. They may fold because of Player 7 being in the pot, or if player 3 moves before they do, but your stack doesn't change anything except sweeten the deal for them. So your all-in is less effective than a call.

Even if everyone folds to player 7, it's a must call for them at better than 4:1 odds, so you're putting your tournament life at stake.

The second hand is a much better play. I like the raise against all of the limpers. Unless you have a specific read on the all in player, calling here is risky, but you've got plenty of chips after the fact to try to snipe a pair or destroy someone who got frisky with AQ.

Last edited by a moderator:
BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Would have played it the same way you did you win some you lose some thats poker.:):):)

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Looking without any information, this move seems to be quite aggressive. Did you have any notes of some of these players? Maybe you could try a re-raise and then see what to do on the flop.

PuMa8818

PuMa8818

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
2 коротких клипа из маленькой игры сегодня вечером 2 руки друг другу один и тот же костюм lol

https://www.boomplayer.com/ru/28018662_BC9FE31E42

https://www.boomplayer.com/ru/28018708_8883D69857 [/ цитата]
Interesting ... In the first situation, you made a controversial decision, after such an action, but lucky that the opponents turned out to be donkeys) In the second situation, the idea is correct, but not lucky)))) Very good game this poker))

Vuske111

Vuske111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah AK is good and worst hand in the same time,you win big with it,sometimes you losse even bigger

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
As easy as it comes and easy goes, it has happened to me, of course I always say: the fact that I have AK does not mean that I will always win, has also happened to me with letters like AA and sometimes in plays in a row, when It happens to me that I'm almost sure I'll lose the 2nd time

steve22055

steve22055

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Speaking of that not AA and all look at this hand AK seems to be knocking me out of more tournaments than I can recall should I stop jamming this hand biggest leak in my game it seems.
Another little tourney :eek:

https://www.boomplayer.com/en/28019913_033F991E8F

I had the same issue with AK in that I over valued it. After losing so many hands and being ko'ed from tournaments I have changed my strategy. I now seem to be more successful with this hand by not shoving and risking tournament life. While it is a great potential starting hand, AK can be be beat by any two cards.

W

Wiliest

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it depends, all of these situations seem like fine plays. You just have to realize that you are rarely going to be a huge 60/40 favorite to win when called, and that you may even be in trouble from time to time. It really just comes to down to whether your edge is big enough you can avoid some of these marginal all-ins preflop, which in most cases is usually a "no".

M

mrbond8844

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ppl overestimate AK, to me i don't take that hand too seriously.

J

julianjjboy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Both hands are play well, especially in bounty game, it worth to adventure , and your chip cover him.

Poker Chips - History of Chips