Online study groups/home game, Europe timezones?

L

Lord Truffington

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello forum,
I would be interested in finding/starting a study group with players in the UK or Europe (for easy scheduling of afternoon/ evening sessions). I've seen people doing it but in the US. I dont know if this has been asked already, I couldn't find anything.

The idea is to play a Home game (cash or tourney) for like 60 minutes (with play money/ super low stakes) and then jump on a Zoom call all together for another hour to review hands and discuss strategy. It seems a great way to share knowledge and improve our game, together. Maybe you could even have 2 different groups based on skills level/usual stakes.

Anyway, I'm happy to hear from people that are interested or have comments!

Cheers,
Lord Truffington

bablovod

bablovod

stupid parody of the game
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Hello forum,
I would be interested in finding/starting a study group with players in the UK or Europe (for easy scheduling of afternoon/ evening sessions). I've seen people doing it but in the US. I dont know if this has been asked already, I couldn't find anything.

The idea is to play a Home game (cash or tourney) for like 60 minutes (with play money/ super low stakes) and then jump on a Zoom call all together for another hour to review hands and discuss strategy. It seems a great way to share knowledge and improve our game, together. Maybe you could even have 2 different groups based on skills level/usual stakes.

Anyway, I'm happy to hear from people that are interested or have comments!

Cheers,
Lord Truffington

Hello stranger!
it is quite difficult to organize a home game with forum participants correctly. the main reason is that people are busy at different times of the day.
another problem is that rarely a person wants to play in the room for game money.
however, here on the forum there is a topic with a constant game for game currency.
I ask you to pay attention to this thread.:deal:
https://www.cardschat.com/forum/car...schat-special-events-league-at-replay-466107/
https://www.cardschat.com/forum/car...t-individual-league-replay-poker-sign-467603/
I think this should interest you.
a huge number of bright events take place in this place. if you are interested, ask any questions.
I will be happy to tell you everything and show you.
good luck at the tables!

L

Lord Truffington

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Bablovod,

thanks very much for the reply and apologies for my late response. I did see a few threads about home games, but the point of my post was to set up a study group, not just another game (I have no interest for a play money/micro stake game for the sake of it). I just assumed that playing for a hour together and then analysing what has happened in that game as a group would have more value that discussing random hands. I probably wasn't clear in my original post!

Thank you,
Lord Truffington

bablovod

bablovod

stupid parody of the game
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Bablovod,

thanks very much for the reply and apologies for my late response. I did see a few threads about home games, but the point of my post was to set up a study group, not just another game (I have no interest for a play money/micro stake game for the sake of it). I just assumed that playing for a hour together and then analysing what has happened in that game as a group would have more value that discussing random hands. I probably wasn't clear in my original post!

Thank you,
Lord Truffington

Hello, comrade Lord Truffington!

I'll be happy to help you, and we can even hold a heads-up tournament if you don't find anyone willing. although they will be found.

but the discussion may be difficult. it's one thing to play, but another to discuss the whole process. hands that really deserve attention will undoubtedly be interesting, and of course the final one.

by the way, there is a replay on the forum and it will reproduce any hand history.

as for the links that are given above, there is a struggle for real forum gifts.

if there is something unclear, please contact me with any questions, I will be happy to help you figure it out.

good luck at the tables!:)

Organize a Home Poker Game Top 10 Games