Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I'm just getting my feet wet trying different games and seem to be experiencing my first losing streak since I've started. Over half my bankroll has been lost mainly playing cash games and the jackpot SNG at ACR,..you're welcome to grab your share if you wish :D

Anyway, for those like myself who are working their way out of a hole, I have dropped down some levels and am being extra patient with certain hands. This seems to be working sporadically and I'm trying to determine what tables are best.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Losing streaks suck. When I'm in one, I expect a bad beat every hand. When I'm on a winning streak, I expect to win even as an underdog.

W

wilywiles

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everybody hits em. The part about managing them is to keep your composure. It's real easy to start seeing red when you take some hits, especially when you are playing patient poker. You can lose some pots, but you cant lose your composure. Sometimes the best thing to do is take a breather. Especially on a hand where u lose a good hand to a chaser. Roll with the punches

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My situation is similar,three weeks full downstick and I'm already looking at it negatively...What will happen next I do not know...Wish you patience and itself, too,...

W

white_vision0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Same here. The problem with losing streak is that you tend to try hard to recover your money, as well as being to careful. At least in my case :)

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have been in those losing streaks, in fact I am in one right now as I cannot seem to maintain my bankroll to a point where I feel I want it to be.

All I can say is keep at it and hopefully someday good luck will finally come through.

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes it sucks, when I'm all in with QQ against A4 and only 2 cards to come I just know that A is coming and it does, but there's no way I would win with A4 against QQ if the situation was reversed. I just feel like that stuff and worse happens way too much. I'd definitely like to be on the other side of that for once. :)

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you need a lend of a shovel? just kidding keep digging away positively playing your premium hands eventually you will strike oil or gold good luck

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Losing streaks really test your confidence and your plays. Tilt always causes you to lose more as Iv never seen a player win more when tilting.

The wrong cards show up at the wrong time at the wrong place and this continues beyond the odds. Just drop down in stakes and play through it. Also I do not know if those jackpot poker are beatable.

timberwolf94

timberwolf94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Streaks

It seems like I stay on a losing streak. But really I do pretty good for the most part but I play too long. I get zombied I guess & "high" in the moment. I win a little cash & I want to win more but end up losing

P

Pickat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Losing streaks seem to come to everyone at one time or another . When I feel I'm in one I lower the stakes I play in and get super conservative and wait for it to pass and for my confidence to return . Good luck

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Variance (losing streak) is hard to get through. Been on one myself for a couple of months now. We seem to remember the bad beats while forgetting the ones we put on someone else. Just human nature I guess.

Look back, did you get this far in a tournament to get beat down by getting lucky earlier in a tournament?

S

sid kendell

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The first 8 months on party I played and ran well.$20 deposit to $700 playing freerolls ,22c,55c,1.10 tournaments.In the last 5 months I couldnt win a dollar and started to tilt my money away so I withdrew what was left and started playing freerolls again.Enjoying the games now and play small field plo with any winnings .Cant play holdem yet until I get my head together for those bigger field mtts.BR--$12 lol.

R

Ricardo Fernandes Silva

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Good afternoon, I'm taking a lot of bad, this is normal in the PS or do you think I need to study more?:mad::mad:

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe you should stop playing for a while. If there is a dark streak-I always take a break in the game, and at this time I conduct an analysis of the games played! Also read books about game in poker! That's what I do, maybe you should take a break.

Vfranks

Vfranks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe try sticking with one type of game, either Cash or Tournament, rather than both. You do say you dropped down in stakes, so that is good that you have to discipline to do that. I used to always try to recover losses by doing the worst thing possible.. higher stakes LOL. I'd eventually go bust that way. This time around I haven't done that, but I am still steadily losing it seems. I had a deposit bonus and am still $10 down from where I started. I seem to go up 5 buy ins and then down 10 buy ins. I've been trying to take a little break, which is probably a good idea, though I've still been playing some PLO rather than NLHe, which probably isn't the best idea for me.
I tried the JP SnGs on ACR over the past month, but after about 30 of the $2 ones I didn't get a single prize pool over $4 and still have only broke even playing them.