Good days; bad days.

John_3_16

John_3_16

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Today, my starting cards are 99% all bad. The few hands worth a flop are attracting nothing. Third tourney today (freerolls) and I am simply slowly feeding chips to players who are attracting cards and hands.

Play enough and the cycles will become quite apparent. This is not a real money day for me. Freerolls only.

Learn to recognize your own cycle and react with your mind rather than your emotions. We all have good and bad days. Most of the bad are obvious.

Avoid them quickly and cheaply. Good days to take a nap, go shopping, mow the yard or anything but gamble.

Hardest to deal with are the second itis days. You are hitting almost everything and someone keeps hitting a little better almost every time. The river drowns you over and over. AA keeps getting beat by 2 small pair. If you can recognize this situation you can save huge money by going fishing in a lake or river. Tomorrow is another day. Lord willing, there will be another game.

God bless. :confused: :rolleyes: ;) :cool: :elefant: :icon_stud

Q

Quads2017

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is funny; you talk about bad days with poker, because you get beat often at the River and then doing something else like going to a river for fishing! ;)

Maybe you could try this (as you are playing freerolls anyway): try to avoid the River i.e. try to win pots without reaching the River.

Before reaching the river you have had 3 options to bet: pre-flop, post flop and after the turn. If you have betted / raised before the flop and after the flop 9 out of 10 the fish still calling you have something more than one pair. So when you cannot beat this, save your chips and just check to the river and fold any reasonable size bet.

You will be surprised how many hands you can win from the right position and with the right bets at the right time!

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bad and good days can not continue the same number of days. How are you going to distinguish them from each other. It's just as hard as if to guess the next card that will fall on the table.

E

emeraldsrus

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good point to take a break. I could do this a bit more when not going so well I need to stop being stubborn and take that needed break lol.
gl :)

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Must multitable 6 tables to get fairly guaranteed profit in a session. Variance can hit at any time, don't cry just practise to handle more tables.

Notice what a HUD is? Tell me if you know.

sryulaw

sryulaw

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Life is like that, it's not just the game, we have days where everything is great, and days are bad. In poker it is not different, so always be calm to deal with these situations of life, and the game, just so success in both

darthdimsky

darthdimsky

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dude's not asking for advice. He's got it down pat:cool:

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

u claimed that in zoom poker HUD is not needed two days ago.

belleza-venus-hud.jpg

Anon+_f80a644cc2cb1b9a19645aaf285236a5.jpg

wsbar

wsbar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to keep visiting the profile of the players, and I always come across interesting text, and this text is one of them. It's friend, you're right, there are bad days, I'm a beginning player with a lot of desire to learn. Until the moment I just lose, I feel like I'm in the right place to learn and get out of the $ 00. The greater our struggle, the greater our glory.

masik6

masik6

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ответ

I do not agree that in poker there are bad days and good as for me in every tournament you need to bide your time and he will come))))))))

F

Fastone2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have the same experience, too... I decided to stop playing for a week. Now, I am getting good cards an its fun to win more often....

J

Jordenandrew

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I thought I was the only one that it happens to they always hit the river and make a better hand that makes me mad when they hit the river

Anatoliy Tolik

Anatoliy Tolik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with you there are such days when the card does not go. In such cases, it is necessary to timely withdraw and engage in other affairs. I will deal with it.

zsoltyx2

zsoltyx2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
some days is very bad ,i hope not continuad bad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yesterday I had a very bad day. in two tournament cards came across 6, 2, 3, 4 different suits. Although there are usually strong pairs

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Patience is money. This means that you should wait for good starting hands before you go to the bank. I try to play only good starting hands. This is approximately 15-20% of hands given. 70-80% of hands I throw out and watch.

Gulas

Gulas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Must multitable 6 tables to get fairly guaranteed profit in a session. Variance can hit at any time, don't cry just practise to handle more tables.

What if I lose all the tables of multitable? (Without hand analysis) Would you say it's due to variance, bad game, or bad skills at multitables?

Thanks!

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
What if I lose all the tables of multitable? (Without hand analysis) Would you say it's due to variance, bad game, or bad skills at multitables?

Thanks!
After a total of 700 hands across all tables, if you are losing at all tables it is not variance, you are playing with players that are equal or better than you meaning you have no clear skill advantage.

In terms of bad skills, I would say tiling tables helps a lot more than cascading. You need memory of where a table is on the screen to speed up how fast you can analyse the hand and situation in my opinion. Cascading tables looks like it is easier but actually it is harder because your brain can't properly form memories of the tables and players in subconscious way.

You NEED A HUD to cope with more than 3 tables, this is not a question of skill it's literally the brain cannot be paying attention to that many opponents all at once. The HUD helps by being your 'attention' so you can easier divide it to focus on card odds and situation analysis rather than having to know how aggressive or loose a player is on top of that.

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
u claimed that in zoom poker HUD is not needed two days ago.

belleza-venus-hud.jpg

Anon+_f80a644cc2cb1b9a19645aaf285236a5.jpg
If single tabling or two-tabling it is not needed. Your attention will do what the HUD will do for you.

Fisherman_63

Fisherman_63

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Indeed there are bad days I had a day yesterday bed bits and today it seems to be going on and there is no river nearby and there is no need to mow the lawn)))

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
there are days good and not just bad days, you just have to wait and everything will return as it was

H

Hellokeko

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see your point good points of observation as well as usually online poker rotation but as you will know any 2 cards have the potential to win as well so turn those slow days around lol

H

hellomynameiswhat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3 things that make me play badly so it is a bad day

Sure. There are days I get better cards or days I get worse cards. I don't notice it too much though. I guess I'm not expecting to place every game.The really interesting thing to me is days I play better or worse even with the same amount of lucky cards. The main things that make me play bad are

1. feeling in a rush like I need to go somewhere or I need to go to sleep

2. doubting that I have learned anything in 2 years (low self esteem)

3. other stressors in my life like work or something.

I notice that I have a lot more fun when it is a day I am playing well. Even if I don't place.