Do you watch Poker Vlogs on YouTube?

M

Monti73

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
And if you do who do you watch? And does it help you with your game?

F

Fatman0912

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have the same question. I never watched any vlog. Is it worth it?

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
rarely, very rarely, almost not

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Use to watch a lot on Twitch and YouTube, not so much anymore. Harder find content that holds my interest.

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do watch some vlogs Andrew neeme and Brad Owen are worth watching and lots of content they are cash game players though so don't really play many tourneys in their vlogs. They are helpful I have found but they play live where as I play very rarely live so some of the spots encountered don't come up very often in online play where players tend to be more aggressive I have found

X

xy23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see poker vlogs as fairly useless. There's really not much content or action to watch/learn from when that's pretty much my only reason to watch poker videos.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I watch several and find them more entertaining for 30 minutes than most television- especially as they can be watched 'on demand'.

Andrew Neeme stands heads and shoulders above all for me - charismatic and informative, he has serious cinematography and editing skills and gives great hand breakdowns. His vlog has given me a broader understanding of Las Vegas as a city.

Brad Owen and Jeff Boski's vlogs are also commendable for LV based vloggers.

Jaman Burton is a St. Louis based vlogger who also has excellent editing skills and puts together a great vlog "The Drawing Dead". Just watch the latest post of his S5:E11 - the first five minutes alone has editing and graphic skills that rival a TV production.

Finally we have three sponsored pro's who Twitch Stream then produce edited content for their You Tube channels.

Jamie Staples has been a favorite vlogger of many for several years now, and his year long prop bet to lose weight (involving his brother and with Bill Perkins) was engrossing. He has now been joined vlog wise by that same brother Matthew Staples.

Finally Lex Veldhuis commands the biggest audience if you combine his live stream and You Tube channel following. Funny as all hell, Lex plays a really aggressive game and wears his heart of his sleeve regarding variance.

All these players have various styles which they employ at differing venues so there is a lot to be gained. Not just from the play itself but the travel and poker lifestyle they also depict.

If nothing else, watching all their content (provided for free at an enormous cost of time and effort) helps me to decompress out of my own narrow poker focus and remember we all suffer ups and downs.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Sometimes I watch these videos on YouTube. But to be honest, analyzing my mistakes better helps me improve my game.

armoko

armoko

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer to watch videos where people won jackpots in sit n go tournaments and how they are freaking out lol

Edgerik

Edgerik

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I always watch videos, some have helped me a bit in poker. CardsChat has very interesting videos.

BlackIce

BlackIce

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to watch on twitch , live games and online . And yes it helps if the person you are watching is a good player and gives sound advice on certain hands.

P

Psycho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I watch Jaime Staples a lot. I also watch Phil Galfond quite a bit, but more for PLO since he is one of the best PLO players in the world. Matt Staples and Jeff Gross are really good as well. I watch more Twitch than YouTube. There are many other great players out there, but those are my home channels.

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
keep a poker Zeros, its content is in Spanish,
it worked for me, has good stuff and see how he plays tournaments made me learn to play better:five::five::five::five::five::five:

flattershay

flattershay

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm subscribed to some of them but didn't even watched it.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've watched a few vlogs in the past and can say they're quite enjoyable.

Brad Owen, Andrew Neeme and Johnny Vibes all make some really great content and they're packed with lots of insights.

I did find however that when I focused more on playing and less on watching other people play that I got much better results in my game and that things were 'clicking more'. There's something to be said about staying in your own thought process.

For education I prefer taking courses or watching theory videos so I can get all the good with none of the filler. For entertainment though, the vlogs are great content :)

Artbart805

Artbart805

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Evan Jarvis

I like the information, the timer function on quizzes is a little long, for me,
Your repeating question technic , is quite cleaver, annoying but cleaver.
Yes according to your own quote, you are out there somewhere in left field, but who in games like, poker, chess, .who \isn’t.

Thanks for your vlogs

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Yes, poker vlogs are occasionally perused.

Dnegs' wsop vlogs are enjoyed annually but for entertainment/railing purposes more than educational or game improvement.

Whilst in these vlogs there will be hand breakdowns and the suchlike, it's much more informative to watch pro's play or stream as opposed to their vlogs.

The best way to improve your game remains to be through study, practice and analysis*. In all their forms.

Little to no shortcuts available, unless you're naturally gifted.

*As far as I know.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
No? Only poker-related thing what i've watched in youtube was some poker player who has earned more money than all of us here coming third(or second) in US Masterchef. I believe it was in season 7 ...

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, worth it so much. I rather recommend twitch where there's no pause at the recording, so you can see the bad beats and the "nothing happening moments" as well. So you'll get a full view about other's thinkings and hands.
Youtube is for entertaining you, the best hands will be showned up, maybe some huge looses. But here you can see which actions lead our player to the top.
Both worth it, very nice way to learn an active way.

E

EvandroGatti

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to watch some of the players. Every now and then I see something interesting.

gravac

gravac

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker Vlogs no, poker tournaments replay of ft yes. I loved so much back in the days "poker after dark" and I watched every episode from them. Any kind of vlogs I find it losing time as why should I watch someone talking no sense for me and building views, channel, or I don't know what else more like famous "youtubers" doing today. Maybe I'm to old school for this but rather I will stick to old "way" of learning poker, even its almost impossible learning something from just viewing, if its been like that we were all be "pro's" and famous.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No. I only watch the big tournaments where the players involved are known. It is always interesting to see how professionals play.

GIRFIED

GIRFIED

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When we talk about poker Vlogs, a lot depends on its content. Some have excellent material, others are just a lot of padding, ideally, when we want to learn, is to look for quality content with level players, in this way you will use your time intelligently.

A good start is to look for Bankroll Challenge, where players seek to try to reach a specific bank in specific levels, I think these are very good materials to start.

GIRFIED

GIRFIED

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
....I did find however that when I focused more on playing and less on watching other people play that I got much better results in my game and that things were 'clicking more'. There's something to be said about staying in your own thought process.....

What you say is not wrong, but it is a limited way of thinking.

It is not surprising when many of the Hight Stakes players have greatly improved their game when they began to "see", "imitate" and try to understand the "thought process" of OtB_RedBaron. If we remember a little, this player destroyed the tables of Cash Game Hight Stakes, becoming the player that others wanted to reach, it is not surprising that to be better you have to "learn from the best".

maksonios

maksonios

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rarely I watch Brad Owen and from time to time I watch Spraggy and Lex on twitch.