Best strategys for Big field MTT?

C

collesut

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play a lot of tournaments on pokerstars mainly, and I am interesed in your opinions about what tacticts to use in early stages of tourneys and also near the bubble?
Appreciate every answer as long it Is serious
Thank you
GG :)

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would suggest, and I think many others would too, to play a TAG style early in tournaments. So Tight, aggressive in the early stages. Once you start building a stack and the blinds start increasing you will want to loosen up a bit and open your range of hands played. Then, once you reach the bubble and ITM you will want to play for the win, not just to cash. This theory is debatable but I have found that it has helped me significantly. Once you near the final table you will want to take notes and carefully pay attention to pay jumps and the players habits.

Of course this is a summary of what you might expect someone tell you to do when it comes to MTT strategy.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Be ready to be disappointed but don't forget you never know where you will finish in a MTT squeeze as much value out of it as possible.

R

Ricardo_lhp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is not much to say bro , in the initial stage is to try not to involve too much without stack in speculative hands and with big hands to leave the pot as much as possible. The same thing for the bubble, do not burn so many chips paying with unnecessary hands and if you have enough chips press the middle stacks because they do not have much to do.

C

collesut

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thx for advice

I would suggest, and I think many others would too, to play a TAG style early in tournaments. So Tight, aggressive in the early stages. Once you start building a stack and the blinds start increasing you will want to loosen up a bit and open your range of hands played. Then, once you reach the bubble and ITM you will want to play for the win, not just to cash. This theory is debatable but I have found that it has helped me significantly. Once you near the final table you will want to take notes and carefully pay attention to pay jumps and the players habits.

Of course this is a summary of what you might expect someone tell you to do when it comes to MTT strategy.
Yeah i play something like that, but in the early stages of tourneys I play little loser because it seems to me a lot of players are so tight and i try to take advantge of that
Maybe I should be a little tighter, i play position not cards in early stages! :confused::confused::confused:

C

collesut

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thx man

Be ready to be disappointed but don't forget you never know where you will finish in a MTT squeeze as much value out of it as possible.
Good advice to be ready for disapointment
Thanks again:)

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if I play long tournaments, then I have tactics in such tournaments to at least somehow get into the prize zone and try to win something, I play cautiously on small pairs and aggressively on older pairs so that many players do not get into the game with bad ones cards and I had more chances to win!

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Enjoy rebuys to catch your equity by odds, then survive avoiding hard decisions. Save your great moves to final game phase.

C

collesut

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Enjoy rebuys to catch your equity by odds, then survive avoiding hard decisions. Save your great moves to final game phase.
Yeah that's great but i play freezout mostly
Thank you anyway if I start with rebuy tournaments i'll try this:D