UTG: 77 BB
CO: 239 BB
Hero (BTN): 129 BB
SB: 212 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 4
club.gif
spade.gif

UTG calls 1 BB, CO calls 1 BB, Hero calls 1 BB, SB calls 0.5 BB, BB raises to 3 BB, UTG calls 2 BB, CO calls 2 BB, Herocalls 2 BB, fold

Flop: (13 BB, 4 players) 4
heart.gif
heart.gif
club.gif

BB checks, UTG checks, CO checks, Hero bets 8 BB, fold, fold, CO calls 8 BB

Turn: (29 BB, 2 players) J
club.gif

CO checks, Hero bets 25 BB, CO calls 25 BB

River: (79 BB, 2 players) 5
heart.gif

CO bets 203.28 BB and is all-in

what should i do on this river?

R

rdpoker5

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You did not tell us anything about your opponent. How does he play, is he capable of making big bluffs? The board is very bad for you, so your hand is just a bluff-catcher. I would base my decision on the history I had with the player.

M

Millie232

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As other comments have said, we need to know a little more about the villain in order to be able to tell you exactly what you should have done. Personally, I'd have raised pre-flop and then c-bet the flop. I'd have done the same on the turn, but that river is a scare card. It all depends on whether your opponent would be capable of bluffing here. Personally, I'd fold it - but I'm interested to see what other people would have done.

M

Manifestor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
very little information, but I would give a raise of 25 bb, if the opponent does all in, throw down You can still try through all in, but there is a high probability that your opponent has 8 or 3

W

Wiflopper

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In would have to fold given the information your provided. Ruff spot to be in. He called all your bets.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, in this case and without the opponent's information, I think the move is to fold the hand he should be looking for two projects the flush or the straight, taking into account that he made a call to raise x3 of the BB I think his rank is Ax, unfortunately, because of this we would have to fold the set of 4

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That’s exactly the river you don’t wanna see...

I would probably fold. Any possible draw just made a hand.

But it’s hard to tell with the given info.... especially in miocrostakes i am surprised how often such plays represent a bluff.
Why is he going all-in? If he really has the best hand, then wouldn’t he try to checkraiose or bet less to make sure you call and the pot gets bigger ?

belizebum

belizebum

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Terrible card on the river. Should have bet heavier on the flop and on turn. But you always get that one villain who wont fold no matter what. If you have info on villain as bluffer, you have to call. If you don't, then it's probably a fold. Trips are not that strong on this board.

A

Alijohn

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Call call call

If he had the flush his moveshould be first check and then re-raise all-inn. If he got the nuts after that river to go directly all- inn is bluff. But the possibility of a rookie is also should be in your mind. Or a pro that read representing a bluff with ver strong hand.

You don’t gave much info about the situation. That’s why its hard to evelate the hand further.

JBGoode

JBGoode

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only way I'm not folding here is if I have a note they will bomb wet/connected rivers w air. Besides that this is a pretty easy fold.

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
so what did you do?? what happened??

W

whitesmoke420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's true that this is a hard situation to call and I agree with some of the others who say there is a lot more to read than just the cards.

I would have folded due to the straight and the flush being out there. BTW

Alaercio da Rocha

Alaercio da Rocha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Without informing the villager I would act the same way but would give up on the river.

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Even without knowing the opponents, it's a fold for me. Yes trips are good but you've got some low equity trips. Way to many people called and there was no real action preflop to shove off an 8+ or suited hearts cards . Theres to many ways to lose on the river

ssangyongpoker

ssangyongpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think a fold here is the right play

one card straight got there, the flush from post flop got there

you don't even hold top set.. this is a fold

S

skeptix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Without a read, folding is the way to go.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
You flopped a set, make chasers pay to chase, letting them catch up for little money just leads to the situation you found yourself in. No point in set mining if you aren't going be aggressive when you hit.

D

Darth_Moola

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Specifically, to answer your question, yes. You can definitely fold on this. Even though you got lucky to flop a set, it'd be easy for them to continue with a flush/straight draw. The board is very dangerous. In this situation, I think you have to ask yourself, what would they keep calling with and then shove? Do you beat any of those hands?

A

AlbieTross

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At that point your hand isn't especially strong. I would fold.

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is super gross. I actually like your line. No need to bloat the pot pre since we don't want to call a 3 bet with 44. See a cheap flop that can smash and go for max value. I would go at least 2/3 pot on the flop, maybe 3/4 but your 61.5% isn't bad. I like the turn sizing at over 3/4. On a board this wet a set or two pair will almost always be raising before the river. A straight may also raise turn to charge the flush draw. This look to me like a player on a draw. When we get the nut worst river card and they make a HUGE overbet jam our set turns into a bluff catcher. It's gross but it plays exactly like someone paying too much to draw. The problem is, if you call this huge bet off then they really didn't pay too much because they had HUGE implied odds. It's sick when they make bad calls and hit. Don't reward them by paying off the huge overbets though. Had he value bet maybe I call up to 40 BB, but maybe I still fold. It's so easy for him to have a 3 or an 8 or two hearts here.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it's a river fold. you could bet a little bit bigger on flop but it's OK.

turn the bet is good.

river is gross and you only beat bluffs. it totally makes sense for him to have hearts and trying to get paid by straights and sets.

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
With your hand and what's on the table it would be hard for me to call. When your opponent calls everything and seeing what's on the table I would have to think that he has the better hand.... fold.

zekubiki

zekubiki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
absolutely no information on the opponent, and his performance wtsd and play on the river. here we can beat his bluff with the five, but we can also give way to flush. as if one was hurt, but it's definitely fold.

W

Wiflopper

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have a hard time folding but I would believe that I was beat on this river.
Id Fold

C

crimsonshroud88

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We only have a bottom set. I won't think twice when folding.
What kind of a bluff do we expect to see there possibly taken into account his bet sizing?

Folding in Poker