BentleyBoy

BentleyBoy

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi

So there I was playing a CardsChat Freeroll, it was early on, with the blinds at 50/25 and I was UTG, with 1800 chips.

I get dealt KdKh, so raise 3x BB.

Everyone else folds round the CO who calls. The CO has been calling pretty wide. The rest fold.

The pot is 375.

The flop arrives 6 9 Q all Diamonds.

I raise with a pot sized bet and the CO calls.

The pot is now 1125.

The Turn arrives as 7s.

What is your optimum move?

Would your answer be any different if this was in the CardsChat League ( where positional points are key)?

Thanks

BB

Last edited:
C

capo1014

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nothing is guaranteed

I played in the 3.30 real money game yesterday and was dealt J, 9 of clubs. Here comes the flop and I am dealt a flush, one guy left on the table and he goes All-In. Of course I go as for me this was easy. The other player has an Ace of clubs, on the turn comes 10 of hearts. Again here comes the river King of clubs and I am shocked he wins. Talk about unlucky, my odds were really good to win but I lost. I thought I made the right choice any advice would be greatly appreciated. At a loss for words.

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, in Cardschat freeroll I prefer bigger raise pre flop with monster hand, AQo and JJ+, because some players are playing very loose in this freeroll and they will call raise 3x sometimes with weak hand. As played - When you play pot size bet on the flop, you will have about 1200-1300 chips in stack. So on this board, with king of diamond I think that you are favourite in this hand. When you played pot size bet on the flop, I think that it isn't stupid idea to go allin on the turn card, because when opponent call pot size bet one time on the flop, sometimes they will call the same pot size bet on the turn. So sometimes when I have similar stack to pot I go all in on safe turn card.

Last edited:

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The pre flop raising size is fine although you could go bigger but I would not go over 4x unless you know there are some sticky players behind you. I disagree with the pot sized flop bet. What are you trying to accomplish with this bet? Made flushes are not going anywhere and you are adding to their value while a flush draw may consider folding if they do not have the Ace of diamonds. Plus it is also worth mentioning that your King of diamonds is very important here not only cause it gives your hand more value but also because it is one less diamond in the deck that could come out.

When I see someone bet pot on a flop of all one suit I start to believe they do not have a flush and are trying to overprotect their hand. If you had a made flush here would you really be betting pot and trying to get your opponent to fold? So a thinking opponent here will already know with that sizing that you probably do not have the flush. I think it is a much better play here to bet something like 60% pot and get value from 2nd pair and bottom pair hands.

On the turn I think it depends on how good you think your opponent is. This is the CC freeroll so there are definitely thinking players in the mix. If they think the way I do they know you dont have the flush and can make your life hell with a raise. Will that happen? probably not but it is a possibility now since your bet sizing gave away information about your hand. Given the stack you have behind you need to decide whether you are never folding here on out or you want to get to showdown. I think if you bet here it probably needs to be a jam but I prefer checking behind as we do have that King of diamonds. Without the king of diamonds this hand play much differently and you would be in a pretty tough spot the rest of the way especially if you face a bet. I think you check/call the turn and probably try to bluff catch on the river but I would not be liking life if I face a turn and river bet.

My suggestion for hands like this in the future is bet smaller on the flop so that you have maneuverability on later streets. The pot size bet puts you in a box and I also think as mentioned before it caps your range.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi

So there I was playing a CardsChat Freeroll, it was early on, with the blinds at 50/25 and I was UTG, with 1800 chips.

I get dealt KdKh, so raise 3x BB.

Everyone else folds round the CO who calls. The CO has been calling pretty wide. The rest fold.

The pot is 375.

The flop arrives 6 9 Q all Diamonds.

I raise with a pot sized bet and the CO calls.

The pot is now 1125.

The Turn arrives as 7s.

What is your optimum move?

Would your answer be any different if this was in the CardsChat League ( where positional points are key)?

Thanks

BB

Thank U 4 posting

When we have big pairs we should be thinking how do I stack my Villain without giving away my stack.

So on the flop we want to keep much weaker hands than ours in while not giving away chips to better flopped hands.
KK is no longer the second strongest hand on this flop QQ 99 66 any flush are all stronger hands now as well AdQx has a lot of equity.
So we want to reflect this in our bet sizing. Not fearful of but aware of what our relative hand strength is.

Then we need to think about what would QQ 66 99 AdXd XdXd do when we bet pot on the flop and all those hands would just call to see the turn.

So the betting pattern that is most effective is a much smaller bet on the flop say 40% that keeps weaker flush draws in and yet allows us to bet 3 streets and get good value for our 1 pair hand without putting our stack at risk. We want QxJd to call 3 streets not fold rivers or even turns as they are not blocking AdQx themselves

Hope this helps
:):)

Full Flush Poker