SB calls (V1)
BB folds
UTG calls (V2)

Flop comes 9hThJs.

Checks round to Hero who Cbets 1400.
SB Shoves all in for 7200
UTG Smooth calls SB.

Hero - ??????

Do I spew fold here? Not too many reads on either player, V2 was a bit loose cos of his stack size. I feel my raises were too small on both preflop and on the flop.
Not too sure though.

V1 had AT and V2 had Q8os to a flopped straight. I shoved over the top and got insta called and busted out

T

touchmytallalla

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
very coordinated flop with a lot of draws you should bet more on flop aproximetly 2k in the 2.6k pot

T

trent32la

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Raise more preflop, people in these small buyin live tourneys aren't limp folding. Betting the flop is fine. However once we get jammed on + an overcaller, our hand isn't in the best of shape and this board is super wet.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I haven't read the spoiler, but that's a pretty terrible flop for KK especially 3 handed. So....the flop makes us nervous but then the action leading up to your decision makes it a terrible spot. I think it's just a fold honestly.

I think you played it fine preflop (I'm assuming there was only 1 limper). And I think the Cbet is fine too. Half pot bet is pretty standard here. you could bet 2/3 pot to give a little worse odds to the draws but that is only 1,700 so not a big difference.

I disagree with the suggestion to bet 2,000 (or 75% pot) I think that's an error unless that is your usual Cbet size. You don't want your bet sizes to be tied to the strength of your hand; you want to be consistent. And if you bet bigger on the flop what is your purpose? Are you trying to get value from worse hands?- because a 3/4 pot bet is tough for 1 pair hands to call here. Are you trying to get worse hands to fold? then you're losing value. Are you trying to get draws to fold? Then you're losing value. Are you trying to charge the draws the wrong price?- because a 2/3 pot bet will do the same thing. Are you trying to inflate the pot so you can get stacks in by the river?- I think that is overplaying a 1 pair hand when you're 115bb effective.

So....when you evaluate all the options I think a standard Cbet is fine, and then a fold (given the action and the stack sizes). You're probably already beat AT LEAST once (by the big stack who flatted) and maybe the other player has a draw, or you might be 3rd best. You've got 1 pair and have 9% of your stack invested in a pot where 2 players are interested in playing for stacks. You'll have a totally workable stack if you fold. Keep it simple and just let it go.

danndourado

danndourado

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Easy fold. I follow missjacki opinion

J

JPainTrainSicko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Missjacki nailed it on this one! Only difference in opinion is my sizing preflop, I would think if size it more like 1000-1200 but I don't fault 800 either, it's just my preference with Limper's and given the stacks involved. Time to read the spoiler!