$5 NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: Final table: AQ vs loose big stack player

B

blacknight92

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys

Only 3 players left including myself. other two player s are very loose. saw multiple times call a shove with JT, K9etc. unfortunatley both have twice my stack size after busting 4th ranker.

Would like to know should I have went all in against such player. or bet more

pokerstars No-Limit Hold'em, 330 Tournament, 5,000/10,000 Blinds 1,000 Ante (3 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php

Hero (SB) (t259,636)
BB (t487,095)
Button (t373,269)

Hero's M: 14.42

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q
club.gif
, A
spade.gif

1 fold, Hero raises to t33,000, BB calls t23,000

Flop: (t69,000) Q
heart.gif
, 5
club.gif
, 5
diamond.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets t225,636 (All-In), BB calls t225,636

Turn: (t520,272) 8
heart.gif
(2 players, 1 all-in)

River: (t520,272) 5
heart.gif
(2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: t520,272

Results below:
Hero had Q
club.gif
, A
spade.gif
(full house, fives over Queens).
BB had 5
spade.gif
, 6
heart.gif
(four of a kind, fives).
Outcome: BB won t520,272

J

j4fun

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi,

I don't think AQo in SB, in final table needs a shove tht too with more then 20 BB.. It ws just a bad turn out for you. You shld love to get involved with 56o every time. I think u did right preflop. But there ws no need to go all in on the flop when you know u have a loose player in BB.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't understand the massive overbet on the flop. In this spot you're either way ahead or way behind. By betting so huge, you miss out on value from weaker hands because they can fold cheaply, but you also get called by hands that can have you crushed.

Now 3 handed and a paired board, the odds of villain having a 5 is pretty slim, but it's not impossible. So, majority of the time, I'm looking to bet for value on the flop and trying to extract as many of my opponents chips as possible. On this flop, you don't need to even bet a lot because, unless an opponent has a Q or middle 2 pair, you aren't extracting much value from them. So, you can bet fairly small and pick up the pot/get a call, but you can also re-evaluate if you get 3bet on the flop or as the hand progresses, and even get away from it if you need to.

By over jamming the flop, you're only getting called by a hand that beats you and all other hands are folding.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Either way when you hit your boat, I think you would have been calling an all-in from the villain.. unless you would also put him on 88, QQ, KK, AA. This is unfortunately the downside of playing this type of board, where you simply will run the risk of running into quads.

The more conservative approach would have you modestly C bet the flop.. get raised or cold called in response. You would see the turn with a similar betting round. You would then be jamming or losing most of your stack once you saw the river and made your boat. But hey, that's poker stars for you.

B

blacknight92

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Either way when you hit your boat, I think you would have been calling an all-in from the villain.. unless you would also put him on 88, QQ, KK, AA. This is unfortunately the downside of playing this type of board, where you simply will run the risk of running into quads.

The more conservative approach would have you modestly C bet the flop.. get raised or cold called in response. You would see the turn with a similar betting round. You would then be jamming or losing most of your stack once you saw the river and made your boat. But hey, that's Poker Stars for you.
Pokerstars india is worst. Variance hit is 5 times more than that of .com site. it feels sometimes riggid when you lose with AA always .I mean Always. winning with AA on rng is called luck. Too many bad players and call your pre all in shove with K2 ,72 etc if its suited and win. But when If I say it people will say I played bad or was unlucky. I have even lost on hand where it makes no sense like 2-4% equity and you lose. oh well

Thanks for the advice. I will be more carefull

Minus272c

Minus272c

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it was a slightly low bet preflop as you are gonna play the hand
out of position, and you will invite more hands to call with a low bet
against players you know play loose, and having that information an All in
shove pre wouldnt be bad either ;)

So yes you will more often than not extract value, but you will also once
in a while run into a cooler, like you did there.

Folding AQ in that spot is not an option,theres many other hands
he could have that you could beat, like most Qx combos, mid pairs,
Ax combos. And theres other hand you vill loose to, like the one
you did, 5x combos, AA, KK, QQ and 88.

Your game brought you to 3rd place, just keep doing that :D
Well done!

Note - The brain is wired to to remember bad stuff, thats why we dont easily
forget when things go the wrong way, but i bet you guys dont remember
the massive ammount of times you where behind in odds and won anyway,
instead we remember busted hands we should have won (we do deserve to win right):cool:

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pokerstars India is worst. Variance hit is 5 times more than that of .com site. it feels sometimes riggid when you lose with AA always .I mean Always. winning with AA on rng is called luck. Too many bad players and call your pre all in shove with K2 ,72 etc if its suited and win. But when If I say it people will say I played bad or was unlucky. I have even lost on hand where it makes no sense like 2-4% equity and you lose. oh well

Thanks for the advice. I will be more carefull
How do you always lose with AA, but then also win with it? Which is it? And if you're always losing, do you fold AA pre? If not, why? Sounds like you have it figured out.

You complain about people calling with bad hands when you have AA, but do you see why it's bad for you to be complaining about that? Would you rather have the bad hands fold when you have a strong hand? Can you see why that kind of thinking it worse than a player calling with K2? Who cares why they did, that's great for AA. The question you need to ask yourself is why do you want them to not play those hands?

Don't think about it as being criticized, though you will get that a lot. Instead, look at is a being corrected. And hey, even the best players on here get criticized/corrected when they make an error. Nobody is a perfect and everyone makes mistakes. What makes you a better player is learning from that and taking in what better players tell you. Otherwise you'll just be another player that always complains and never improves.

Why does losing to 2-4% equity not make sense? if the opponent has 2-4% equity, that means you're a 96-98% favorite to win the hand. If I'm not mistaken, 96-98% =/= 100%. So, as strong as your hand is, it's not unbeatable if your opponent has any equity.

NHequalsFU

NHequalsFU

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We are the smallest stack and have 25 BB in the SB. We are going to be shoving wide here and AQ is a monster in this spot. I would just jam pre and take blinds/antes or happy to be allin vs 56.

This line isn't bad either, just a cooler in my opinion. Nothing more you could have done.

I wouldn't have jammed the flop as played but no way you are getting away from TPTK here.