$3.30 NLHE MTT Rebuy: Tough turn situation.

PokerFunKid

PokerFunKid

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey everyone, i've played a interesting hand yesterday.
I just decide to call preflop to keep his weaker part of his range in, and i don't want to 3bet fold nor call. So calling here with AQ pre seems standard.

When he checks the flop i feel like he has hands like AK, A6, 66 but also hands like KK QQ and maybe even 33 type of hands. I decide to bet for value on the flop and for some information how he is going to react, i would bet my strong aces, but also bluffs on the flop here. Then we bet the turn again, i actualy don't like my bet here. Could check and see what he do on the river because we don't get 3 streets of value from worse hands besides AJ maybe. Don't like my sizing either but thats not the question for me. My questions is do we fold to the click back? Was a snap click back also and it really feels like a full house or maybe AK. Doubt he would do this with KK type of hands or a worse ace. Theres so much money in the pot but it feels we're 99% crushed here?

Do i give him a to strong range? Does he bluff? The odds are great but i doubt were good here enough of the time?

http://www.boomplayer.com/nl/poker-hands/Boom/18741449_58A06A42E0

Everybodylovesdeuces

Everybodylovesdeuces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like your bet on the turn because all you do is fold out worse hands (all the Ax smaller that don't make a Fh), get called or raised by better (AK and the FHs) and open yourself to get bluffed off by under pairs and worse Ax hands. By checking you keep the size of the pot manageable, also induce bluffs on the river which you can just call. The only way I can think about liking the turn is if you are just going to commit yourself to the hand no matter what happens.

PokerFunKid

PokerFunKid

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like your bet on the turn because all you do is fold out worse hands (all the Ax smaller that don't make a Fh), get called or raised by better (AK and the FHs) and open yourself to get bluffed off by under pairs and worse Ax hands. By checking you keep the size of the pot manageable, also induce bluffs on the river which you can just call. The only way I can think about liking the turn is if you are just going to commit yourself to the hand no matter what happens.

Yeah agree on that, but my question is if the fold on the turn is right or not. I agree i made a mistake on betting the turn.

AtiFCOD

AtiFCOD

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wouldnt be able to fold this hand, especially not with this high kicker. He can have AK, or a full but than this is poker... :)

Everybodylovesdeuces

Everybodylovesdeuces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's totally player dependent. What's his UTG opening range? He's certainly played it like he has a boat or AK. Do you think AJ is in there? It's probably a fold if for no other reason that you still have a fine stack. I guess there could be some leveling like he sees you as playing it like a weak A and thinks he can blow you off it, but that's probably more of a live game line. I don't think people fold as tight online. Yeah, it's probably a good fold.

T

trent32la

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop: Call is fine here vs an UTG open.

Flop: Good sizing, always betting here.

Turn: I'd go small on this turn so entice our opponent to call here, obviously when he clicks it back here it's a puking spot. This is a rebuy tourney however, and I think he can definitely be doing this with worse aces thinking he's way ahead, knowing he can rebuy even if he goes broke. Personally I level myself into jamming over his x/r on this turn.

danndourado

danndourado

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think he's bluffs. If he has AK, he would just call, putting you in a obligation to "bluff" on river. I think he have JJ+ or AQ-.

PokerFunKid

PokerFunKid

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks guys. A bunch of different opinions, always interesting. Still feels like he's never bluffing this way when i bet flop and turn. Think if he has a weak hand he'd stab on the flop or fold turn if he doesnt have anything good. Since we have position my conclusion would be to play the hand the following way:
Bet flop. Check back turn. Check call river, and if he doesn't bet we go for value. If we get raised i think we're save to fold. Doubt he's doing this with a weaker ace. AQ we chop with, AK we lose to. Lose to any boats also. Don't think he's bluffing here enough of the time to call and there are barely worse hands that play this way for value.

As played i think its still a fold. But i don't like betting the turn because we get in shit situations like this. His range is now way stronger when he clicks in back on the turn. It did gave me info to fold, but its much better to check the turn, let him bet his stronger hands. I think he will always bet them if i check the turn and if we don't he will call with his weaker hands like AJ, ATs which are still in his range.

Kavaleits

Kavaleits

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agree with all said above.
I think villain just outplayed you very well with bluff. Because he check - call flop, check - re-raise turn - clear bluff.
But your bet at turn was bad, you could bet 3bb or check turn. Hard to find now the best option