$10 NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: QQ good fold or bad?

R

Raibik13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to KingA7Deuce [Qd Qc]

shiromeneko folds
grinya86 raises to 400
Maknamara666 folds
Rikedi calls 400 (Villain) (Vpip 29/PR 0/ 7 hands)
lloydtheworm folds
carpatfisherman folds
KingA7Deuce raises to 1,000 (Hero)
EduSilva folds
CarpeDlem76 folds
grinya86 calls 600
Rikedi has 15 seconds left to act
Rikedi calls 600

*** FLOP *** [8d 2h 7s] (Total Pot: 3,480, 3 Players)
grinya86 has 15 seconds left to act
grinya86 checks
Rikedi bets 1,500
KingA7Deuce calls 1,500
grinya86 folds

*** TURN *** [8d 2h 7s] [Kd] (Total Pot: 6,480, 2 Players)
Rikedi bets 2,900
KingA7Deuce has 15 seconds left to act
KingA7Deuce calls 2,900

*** RIVER *** [8d 2h 7s Kd] [6c] (Total Pot: 12,280, 2 Players)
Rikedi bets 4,533, and is all in
KingA7Deuce has 15 seconds left to act
KingA7Deuce has requested TIME
KingA7Deuce: QQ
KingA7Deuce has timed out
KingA7Deuce folds
KingA7Deuce is sitting out
Uncalled bet of 4,533 returned to Rikedi

I thought there are lot of hands that will be playing like this like 78, 22,88, 77 or even 910 got there on the river.

Villain has a fishy hud stats. His VPIP was even larger later in the tournament.

The only reason i wanted to call was, would he ever lead out a set or two pair? Would you rather just check raise? I think overall the fold was good.

R

Raibik13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any comments would be great to reflect my play.

J

JKKeys45

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you can take 78, 22 910 out of his range pre-flop calling a 3 bet that big, considering his effective stack behind. Could have had AK and just flatted the flop, thinking he has two overs. He could very well have 8s or 7s. I put him on AK because his 1,500 bet on the flop is a pretty standard c-bet on that dry board. Then when he hits his king, he figures two streets of value.

R

Raibik13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you can take 78, 22 910 out of his range pre-flop calling a 3 bet that big, considering his effective stack behind. Could have had AK and just flatted the flop, thinking he has two overs. He could very well have 8s or 7s. I put him on AK because his 1,500 bet on the flop is a pretty standard c-bet on that dry board. Then when he hits his king, he figures two streets of value.

Would he ever donk bet in a 3 bet pot? Why not check the turn to keep the pot small? Seems so out of line

J

JPainTrainSicko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I might be missing it but I don't see any stack sizes or what the blinds are.... Initial thought is a larger 3bet preflop.... And I'd give them a range of 99 - JJ or a set and I would also be folding mostly... Need more info to decide tho

Everybodylovesdeuces

Everybodylovesdeuces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At first after reading this I was sure he had you beat esp since he's a fishy player. AK and sets and sometimes T9d exactly make sense. But then thinking about 99-JJ he could also have those because fish will just keep barreling them even with scare cards like the K on board. Hmm. I would likely still fold. Too often you are beat. Raising the flop would have also been a good option (although scary into two players). In this situation I'd really want to know how villain plays Ak (will he flat and flat the three bet or would he be the 3-better, cause knowing that puts AK in or out of his range)? Will he flat w/suited connectors even when someone 3-bets into two players? What type of hands does he donk bet with?

R

Raibik13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At first after reading this I was sure he had you beat esp since he's a fishy player. AK and sets and sometimes T9d exactly make sense. But then thinking about 99-JJ he could also have those because fish will just keep barreling them even with scare cards like the K on board. Hmm. I would likely still fold. Too often you are beat. Raising the flop would have also been a good option (although scary into two players). In this situation I'd really want to know how villain plays Ak (will he flat and flat the three bet or would he be the 3-better, cause knowing that puts AK in or out of his range)? Will he flat w/suited connectors even when someone 3-bets into two players? What type of hands does he donk bet with?

Love your reply but I think we only played less than 50 hands with each other so I do not know the whole dynamic. The idea of thinking process of next level always makes me happy.

R

Raibik13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I might be missing it but I don't see any stack sizes or what the blinds are.... Initial thought is a larger 3bet preflop.... And I'd give them a range of 99 - JJ or a set and I would also be folding mostly... Need more info to decide tho

Sorry for not putting the information about stack size, but he was effective and we were quite deep.

T

touchmytallalla

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
dont actually like you played this spot. The main idea if you call turn you should call river, cause it is blank(dont think he plays 910 in that spot). Dont know your stacks. You should raise preflop more, and raise his donk on flop

MrBadAss

MrBadAss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you call turn got to call river, that is the non sense in this hand, 3bet bigger or he will have odds to see a flop in 74o

T

touchmytallalla

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
preflop bet more. flop also 50-60% of pot. as played pass turn

V

vassiriki

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Would he ever donk bet in a 3 bet pot? Why not check the turn to keep the pot small? Seems so out of line

and why not reraise before the flop? he could also 3-bet after the first raise before him. post flop he should always call bearing in mind you 3-bet, he'd let you to tell your story if he had a set or so. i think he only had a 8 and played it very aggressively as you let him to do so. imho, you should have shoved on the flop with such a board texture or at least reraise him because if you only call his bets it'd most of the time seem very weak

Folding in Poker