$1.10 NLHE MTT: FT Big 1.10 All in decision

M

Maurits92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey I have a hand for you guys to break down.

5th out of 7 remaining.
Blinds 15K/30K ante 2500

Hero SB :ac4: :10c4: (730K)
BB fold (355K)
UTG fold (211K)
UTG+1 fold (857K)
Villain HJ ??? raise to 90K (4543K)
CO fold (1676K)
BTN fold (461K)
Hero SB 3bet 270K
Villain call 270K

Flop: :9d4: :ah4: :5c4:
Pot: 587.5K

Hero check
Villain bet 180K
Hero call 180K

Turn: :qd4:
Pot: 947.5K

Hero check
Villain bet 4091K and is all in.
Hero ???

Villain appears to be some sort of aggro big stack bully, don't have numbers.

Whats our move here? 278K left to win a 1.5M pot if we're correct.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I like the fact you 3-bet him pre-flop as I would have as well. Your flopping top pair is great and you are way ahead of his range considering how you classified him. His flop bet is odd and I wonder if he has made that size bet before but most of the time i see this bet it is someone who hit the flop and is week or has something like pair lower than the Ace, a week Ace or his hand hit the 9. I would have c-bet the flop here but since it was a check i would have 3 bet him all in on the flop.

Once you called the flop bet and checked the turn he must be thinking you could be week so i would have called his especially with the pot odds given. It would have stunk if we wee beat but one we 3-bet pre-flop and connect can we fold top pair?

So did you call and win?

Sil3ntness

Sil3ntness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As played I'm calling the turn. You ATs seems a bit hidden with the check unless villain suspects you to be slow playing top pair. If villain is truly aggressive and bullying the table then I find it hard to fold on the turn.

Losing to A5,A9,AJ+, 55, 99 MAYBE QQ/AA that elects to call the 3B IP (doubt it but possible) So looking at 98 combos of hands or a 7.39% calling range for 3Bs IP.

Chance that villain thinks you are a station with KK that can't fold second pair? Then they could be value owning themselves with A2-A4 & A6-A8 type hands.

C

cgcook38

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that Q on the turn is a great card for you in this situation. I think your A is disguised, as mentioned. The Q connects with a lot of combos that you beat, but only really helps a Q9 hand that wasnt already beating you. KQ, QJ, QT are all hands I’m not surprised to see when I call here. And it’s bad luck if you’re beat. Calling is right, I think.

M

Maurits92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the fact you 3-bet him pre-flop as I would have as well. Your flopping top pair is great and you are way ahead of his range considering how you classified him. His flop bet is odd and I wonder if he has made that size bet before but most of the time i see this bet it is someone who hit the flop and is week or has something like pair lower than the Ace, a week Ace or his hand hit the 9. I would have c-bet the flop here but since it was a check i would have 3 bet him all in on the flop.

Once you called the flop bet and checked the turn he must be thinking you could be week so i would have called his especially with the pot odds given. It would have stunk if we wee beat but one we 3-bet pre-flop and connect can we fold top pair?

So did you call and win?

As played I'm calling the turn. You ATs seems a bit hidden with the check unless villain suspects you to be slow playing top pair. If villain is truly aggressive and bullying the table then I find it hard to fold on the turn.

Losing to A5,A9,AJ+, 55, 99 MAYBE QQ/AA that elects to call the 3B IP (doubt it but possible) So looking at 98 combos of hands or a 7.39% calling range for 3Bs IP.

Chance that villain thinks you are a station with KK that can't fold second pair? Then they could be value owning themselves with A2-A4 & A6-A8 type hands.

I think that Q on the turn is a great card for you in this situation. I think your A is disguised, as mentioned. The Q connects with a lot of combos that you beat, but only really helps a Q9 hand that wasnt already beating you. KQ, QJ, QT are all hands I’m not surprised to see when I call here. And it’s bad luck if you’re beat. Calling is right, I think.

Thanks for the input. :wavey:

In hindsight, how the tournament played out, I would have shoved flop. Instead, I elected to call turn and was flabbergasted to find him turn over 86s (clubs). No idea what he was doing there, lol. Honestly used about a full minute of my timebank & ignoring my girlfriend telling me not to call and wait for a better spot, because he could easily have AJ+ here.

Here's the hand:
https://www.boomplayer.com/28310313_7B55703688

Finished 5th out of 1776 for $42 after 3betting the same guy with TT and he called with A3o and caught runner runner for a wheel. Slight misplay on my part taking ICM in consideration, but I went with my gutfeeling and was right. Just unlucky how the board ran out.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
You could marginally go 3bet all in with 23 bbs instead of 3bet him OOP plus he had you covered.If you have a read that he plays loosely the 3bet shove ply sounds even more intresting for me!Hopefully you flopped your A.

You also could check shove flop instead of give him another free card.