$50 NLHE 6-max: Do I make the right fold?

A

Alexchen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Winning Poker Network (Yatahay) - $0.50 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

SB: 125.62 BB (VPIP: 16.94, PFR: 15.32, 3Bet Preflop: 14.58, hands: 126)
BB: 171.98 BB (VPIP: 29.93, PFR: 24.82, 3Bet Preflop: 14.00, Hands: 144)
UTG: 44.38 BB (VPIP: 45.45, PFR: 9.09, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 22)
MP: 116.74 BB (VPIP: 27.66, PFR: 23.40, 3Bet Preflop: 2.50, Hands: 238)
CO: 101.38 BB (VPIP: 27.16, PFR: 18.57, 3Bet Preflop: 9.78, Hands: 478)
Hero (BTN): 475.32 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has T:diamond: K:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to 2.86 BB, SB raises to 11 BB, fold, Hero calls 8.14 BB

Flop: (23 BB, 2 players) 8:diamond: K:spade: J:club:
SB bets 8.74 BB, Hero calls 8.74 BB

Turn: (40.48 BB, 2 players) 7:diamond:
SB bets 22 BB, Hero calls 22 BB

River: (84.48 BB, 2 players) 6:spade:
SB bets 83.88 BB and is all-in, fold

SB wins 80.26 BB

0.48 BB was deducted from the pot for the jackpot.

Played 126 hands with this opponent, his 3bet% is 15%.

Preflop: standard open and call the 3bet in my range.
Flop: we flop top pair, thinking he will have 99-QQ, and AX hand Cbet, definitely should continue.
Turn: he continues to sell his story (AA, AK, KK, JJ, 88), but we get the flush draw, so we continue.
River: He jams over full pot. Now the drawing T9s get there, feeling just beat the bluff like QTs and I block the T, I fold.

Do you think I make the correct fold my top pair? In what situation should I call this hand?

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop is fine with me, no need to nitpick about 3x openers, etc. imo. I think we can easily call his 3-bet out of the blinds.

Flop, this is a smallish c-bet sizing on V's part. I think calling this is fine, raising really accomplishes nothing other than folding out worse and inflating the pot vs beter hands.

Turn, i like to raise here. We have a lot of stuff going for us: any diamond gives us 2nd nut flush, any 9 gives us a decent straight that only loses to QT, and we have decent equity versus AK, weak 2 pair he might have (given he doesn't have many of those.) I just want to note that his T9 draw has already made a straight on the turn, he has 7-J.

River as played, we probably have to fold. TP with meh kicker. We aren't getting odds and i really don't think he has more than even 1/4 of his range as bluffs.

A

Alexchen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop is fine with me, no need to nitpick about 3x openers, etc. imo. I think we can easily call his 3-bet out of the blinds.

Flop, this is a smallish c-bet sizing on V's part. I think calling this is fine, raising really accomplishes nothing other than folding out worse and inflating the pot vs beter hands.

Turn, i like to raise here. We have a lot of stuff going for us: any diamond gives us 2nd nut flush, any 9 gives us a decent straight that only loses to QT, and we have decent equity versus AK, weak 2 pair he might have (given he doesn't have many of those.) I just want to note that his T9 draw has already made a straight on the turn, he has 7-J.

River as played, we probably have to fold. TP with meh kicker. We aren't getting odds and i really don't think he has more than even 1/4 of his range as bluffs.

Just feeling that I don't find any situation I can call here....

Hujiko

Hujiko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
126 hands isn't much to say something about the 3 bet percentage as not all hands will participate in the 3 bet percentage! When he decides to play however he almost always raises VIP-PFR is small which seems like an aggressive player.

Preflop well if they 3 Bet about 15% then KTs is certainly good enough to call the 3 Bet IP.

Flop the villain bets 1/3 pot which is on the small side on this board as it hits both ranges well he can do this with any hand in his range. So it does not say much about his range he can profitably do that with more then 70% of his range if he doesn't encounter a lot of resistance

Turn card gives you extra outs in a flush draw and a gut shot. Villain bets out 1/2 pot still not big his range can still be wide here. With the extra outs you have now I would shove bet pot with and get some fold equity which combined with the odds you have should be a +EV line.

River villain bets full pot, would fold top pair with a weak kicker as it is on the low side of your range you arrive with here and your blockers make it less likely that he has a missed flush or missed straight draw.

Folding in Poker