$5 NLHE 6-max: Flopped set OOP...

teh_colonel_saigon

teh_colonel_saigon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tried to let this rando fish bluff... hence the check on the turn. Should we check raise there? If so, how much?

And before you say it, I know I should have raised all-in on the river. I was just clicking buttons there :(

Winning Poker Network (Yatahay) - $0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: 134.6 BB (VPIP: 16.00, PFR: 13.45, 3Bet Preflop: 4.13, hands: 278)
UTG: 208.8 BB (VPIP: 36.36, PFR: 27.27, 3Bet Preflop: 16.67, Hands: 33)
Hero (MP): 100 BB
CO: 63 BB (VPIP: 33.33, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 4)
BTN: 88.6 BB (VPIP: 22.22, PFR: 13.13, 3Bet Preflop: 6.00, Hands: 100)
SB: 168.8 BB (VPIP: 23.73, PFR: 18.72, 3Bet Preflop: 7.19, Hands: 385)

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has 5 5

fold, Hero raises to 3.4 BB, CO calls 3.4 BB, fold, fold, fold

Flop: (8.2 BB, 2 players) 5 K 3
Hero bets 4 BB, CO calls 4 BB

Turn: (16.2 BB, 2 players) 7
Hero checks, CO bets 8 BB, Hero calls 8 BB

River: (32.2 BB, 2 players) 4
Hero checks, CO bets 32.2 BB, Hero calls 32.2 BB

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion I think, that it was necessary to bet again on the turn, to block the flush lines that open on the board. If the villain with 60bb paid for your opening and then your cbet flop, his rank can be polarized between draws and KX. For what is likely, he can call you one more time. And on the river, I think the check-call is a more standard line. Since we are protecting our hand and taking advantage of our heart blocker to induce medium hand bets, which could probably be improved on this river and now the villain turned them into semi bluffs. For example double couples like K-7. Or combinations like 7c-8c; Ac-4c; Kh-9c; etc.
Regards.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are a ton of different draw, he can have on the turn, so you want to put the hammer down and charge those draws. The most simple way to do it is to just continue betting, and if you want to get a bit creative, you could even overbet the turn.

A turn check-raise is also a great play against someone, who float to liberally and then bet whenever checked to, because “LOL he was just C-betting, and now he is giving up”. So if you want to get a little fancy and mix it up, I would not mind that play. Check-calling however is way to passive. You are basically taking the absolute top of your range and turning it into a bluff catcher.

As played your hand actually became a bluff catcher on the river, because now a lot of draws came in, and he bet the size of the pot. Now the decision is actually between calling and folding, while check-raising is completely off the table. That should have been on the turn, and now you need to just call and pray, he did not suck out on you.

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea I thought you only checked the turn to induce so you could blast it. I like a turn barrel for pot or x/r 4-5x. As mentioned above, board is too wet and we are out of position so x/c turn is a huge missed opportunity. As played river x/c is fine in my opinion. I think raising is too thin against an unknown with 4 hands of history, you're targeting 2 pair or an underset which are not a lot of combos. So V should be folding a ton calling with over sets and 3 betting 6x.

JBGoode

JBGoode

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bet about 3BBs on the flop, turn pot is about 14.2. Bet between 9-11 BBs on the turn.... then check call all rivers....

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are a ton of different draw, he can have on the turn, so you want to put the hammer down and charge those draws. The most simple way to do it is to just continue betting, and if you want to get a bit creative, you could even overbet the turn.

A turn check-raise is also a great play against someone, who float to liberally and then bet whenever checked to, because “LOL he was just C-betting, and now he is giving up”. So if you want to get a little fancy and mix it up, I would not mind that play. Check-calling however is way to passive. You are basically taking the absolute top of your range and turning it into a bluff catcher.

As played your hand actually became a bluff catcher on the river, because now a lot of draws came in, and he bet the size of the pot. Now the decision is actually between calling and folding, while check-raising is completely off the table. That should have been on the turn, and now you need to just call and pray, he did not suck out on you.

I really like the turn check-raise option here. It shows a lot of strength for you and can really protect your hand. The only thing it opens up is the implied odds for you to lose your whole stack and knowing they need to hit their card. It is also unlikely they backdoored a flush in this spot.

0815am

0815am

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you should bet bigger on flop for sure. I would bet 70% at least.
Then I would bet 70% on the turn unless I have a read that he is very Aggro on the turn and auto bets.
Then potsize in river will be 50ish leaving him 40 left. If river comes non flush I just jam. I’d flush lands on river, I would probably CF