BB: €36.51 (913 bb)

Pre-Flop: (€0.06) Hero is CO with Q Q
2 players fold, Hero raises to €0.12, BTN calls €0.12, 2 players fold

Flop: (€0.30) 7 3 6 (2 players)
Hero bets €0.19, BTN calls €0.19

Turn: (€0.68) 7 (2 players)
Hero checks, BTN bets €0.84, Hero calls €0.84

River: (€2.36) 9 (2 players)
Hero bets €0.73, BTN raises to €5.55 (all-in), Hero ??

BTN is a wild rec, open jam/rejam 100BB 80% with any two cards preflop in the last 10 orbits and rebuy. Not sure his preflop calling range but likely full of garbage.

I think my x/c turn and donk block bet river when BD flush card hits is repping a very capped range on this board. Not a line I take against regular player, just hope villain is scared of the river card, will call with medium strength hands only and give up bluffing.

How would you play the turn and river? As played, would you call the river raise?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, you played this hand well except for leading the river. That is just a really bad play to be honest, and you rationale for making it is flawed. You say, that you hope he will give up bluffing. But the main mistake of a maniac is, that he bluff to much, so you are essentially saying, that you want him to play well. This makes no sense. You WANT him to bluff, so that you can snap him off with a bluff catcher like this. Of course he will sometimes have drawn out on you, and that will be annoying, but it just is, what it is.

I can not say, what I would do after leading the river, because I would never make that play, so I have never been in that spot. It also strongly depend on his postflop tendencies, which you really have to try to get a read on. Some maniacs just dont want to give up and always use oversized bets, and if he is that kind of guy, he could be doing this with A3 offsuit. Just any random crap. But others are a little bit more like ok they bet a lot, but when its huge overbets like this, they tend to have it. Which in this case would mean trips or better.

Playing against maniacs can be very profitable, but its also hard work and require a lot of focus. So if you are on a table with a guy like this, it can sometimes be a good idea to sit out all other tables and focus your attention 100% on him, until he is finished donating his money. It sucks, that he is on your left, but if someone is this wild, I would still take the spot and not leave the table, as long as he is playing.

Last edited:
S

sryImPro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What scares me the most here is his aggressive way of play, not to mention his involvement in hands with almost any two cards, in other words 7 here is what i'm worried about, since i wouldn't put him o flush because he looks like a guy who would make a horrible move like all in when the river makes a possible flush.
You did well, checking after turn make sense here even tho i would check the river too.

F

fast_frog

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hard to fold against someone like this but it might be necessary here. Being a maniac preflop does not necessarily translate to being a maniac post flop.

I don't think I'd get to the river this way, I like c/rs flop or turn or just overbetting if you keep betting because he's not going away with a ton of draws, your hand needs protection.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Deep Stack versus aggro-idiot in position

Run It Once Poker, Hold'em No Limit - €0.02/€0.04 - 6 players
Hand delivered by Upswing Poker

UTG: €6.38 (160 bb)
MP: €9.04 (226 bb)
CO (Hero): €14.08 (352 bb)
BU: €6.70 (168 bb)
SB: €11.13 (278 bb)
BB: €36.51 (913 bb)

Pre-Flop: (€0.06) Hero is CO with Q Q
2 players fold, Hero raises to €0.12, BTN calls €0.12, 2 players fold

Flop: (€0.30) 7 3 6 (2 players)
Hero bets €0.19, BTN calls €0.19

Turn: (€0.68) 7 (2 players)
Hero checks, BTN bets €0.84, Hero calls €0.84

River: (€2.36) 9 (2 players)
Hero bets €0.73, BTN raises to €5.55 (all-in), Hero ??

BTN is a wild rec, open jam/rejam 100BB 80% with any two cards preflop in the last 10 orbits and rebuy. Not sure his preflop calling range but likely full of garbage.

I think my x/c turn and donk block bet river when BD flush card hits is repping a very capped range on this board. Not a line I take against regular player, just hope villain is scared of the river card, will call with medium strength hands only and give up bluffing.

How would you play the turn and river? As played, would you call the river raise?

Hello there quant1986, what's up? Thank you for sharing your hand with the CardsChat community, very good hand!
You raised 3x preflop and get called by a wild recreational player in the BTN. Let's assume a worst case scenario for you, when Button calls (it could be a wider range):

JJ-55, A2s+, K9s+, Q8s+, J8s+, T8s+, 98s, 87s, 76s, 65s, ATo+, KJo+, QJo (18.25%)

There are 7.5 blinds in the pot (Flop) and you C-bet 4.75 blinds and get called. Being a Wild recreational, I love your sizing here because these kind of players will never fold any flush draw, any straight draw, I believe that any 7x, 3x and 6x are folding right now, so it is a fine C-Bet size.
The Turn is an excellent card for our range, because now reduces the combos of 7x that Villain could've called in the flop, which allow us to double barrel safely.
Did you check the turn for pot control? Because I can see that both Hero and Villain are deep stacked. I don't mind checking here, but betting is also a possible line. There are only a couple of hands that could be beating your range right now, those are 7x, 33 and 66, so you are destroying almost 85% of times in board like this.
When button overbets turn for 21 blinds it is very odd for us. I would simply call turn to check-call in many rivers depending on villain's sizing.
This kind of huge bet polarizes its range quite a bit, so given that we have a very strong value hand versus board texture in the turn it is almost impossible to fold.
I don't like your bet in the river, because now you are turning your value hand into a bluff and could not sustain pressure because you are deep stacked.
Ever since you said that Villain in the Button is a wild recreational, you should let it hang itself! When you donks river, Wild Recreational Villain would fold all of its bluffs and re-raises you with a lot of values or hands that have you beat (theoretically).
If you check river, Villain could never, ever jam this 9h because it will never be paid by anything worse. Villain would be forced to make a decent bet size, thus, giving us odds for calling with our very strong hand (if not the nuts for the case, QQ) and taking the pot 85% of times in the River.
The 15% times Button will have you beat with boats, trips, two pair, and its huge nonsense range of hands. (or incredibily cold call preflop AA and KK...)
I said that because you checked Turn. You should continue your line, because Aggressive players tend to see checks and calls as weak moves or bluffs. So you would induce a lot of mistakes of this villain by simply checking the river out of position. When you bet, and the pot is already blowed, and Villain re-raises you with a shove, it is a very nasty and dirty spot, and I would fold, call me Nitty or whatever, it is impossible to continue giving the stacks.
We should never open doors for weak players to bluff us out of the pot. We are not playing the hands, we are playing the players. When the player is too much aggro, let's just check and call and hang our opponents upon their own flaws. I hope it helps you! Have a nice day quant1986, see ya ;)

Regards;

Carlos 'Aballinamion' Barbosa

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, you played this hand well except for leading the river. That is just a really bad play to be honest, and you rationale for making it is flawed. You say, that you hope he will give up bluffing. But the main mistake of a maniac is, that he bluff to much, so you are essentially saying, that you want him to play well. This makes no sense. You WANT him to bluff, so that you can snap him off with a bluff catcher like this. Of course he will sometimes have drawn out on you, and that will be annoying, but it just is, what it is.

I can not say, what I would do after leading the river, because I would never make that play, so I have never been in that spot. It also strongly depend on his postflop tendencies, which you really have to try to get a read on. Some maniacs just dont want to give up and always use oversized bets, and if he is that kind of guy, he could be doing this with A3 offsuit. Just any random crap. But others are a little bit more like ok they bet a lot, but when its huge overbets like this, they tend to have it. Which in this case would mean trips or better.

Playing against maniacs can be very profitable, but its also hard work and require a lot of focus. So if you are on a table with a guy like this, it can sometimes be a good idea to sit out all other tables and focus your attention 100% on him, until he is finished donating his money. It sucks, that he is on your left, but if someone is this wild, I would still take the spot and not leave the table, as long as he is playing.

Totally agree with everything here. The other thing that we have to keep in mind, is this is a microstakes table. From my experience, people will call any raise pre-flop. On this board, it looks very weary. I would not have bet out first on the river either, and see what the opponent does then. Everything else is correct.

freddydr87

freddydr87

League Champion
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You dont need to bluff him on 7h,iff he is a recre player as you said he is not going to fold anypair the,but with your raisejam river the only cards that will call you are a 7(wish you will never make fold) or a Flush

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion everything was fine but you had to check / raise on the turn and with the description of the villain it was an easy call

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Deep Stack versus aggro-idiot in position (2)

Villain showed A5o after I folded this hand.

As fundiver199 said very well, the donks river it's not good for you. If you check this river you can win the pot in many ways:

A) If Villain checks behind you already have a pretty decent pot size
B) If Villain bets you have amazing odds for calling and take down a super pot without taking any out of proportion risks.
C) If you really know that the player is a wild animal, you can re-raise just a little its river bet, to induce it to feel like an idiot if it calls with Ace high, for example, and even more idiot if it folds its junks and bluffs. So the tendency is that when you give such a good price for a player who will have more air than values most of times in the river, it will likely jam upon you hand and you have to call, since you know the player.
However I prefer the lines A and B because we are deep stacked and this is a high variance spot.
It doesn't matter if Villain showed A5o, AKs, or the nuts: what really matters is that you've opened a large door for a wild recreational to bluff you out of the pot with air in a deep stacked pot. You lost a huge +EV spot. However, I would still fold this river, I believe the call, being deep stacked is too much exploitative for the micro stakes. Maybe at 25 NLHE or higher.

Regards;

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In my opinion everything was fine but you had to check / raise on the turn and with the description of the villain it was an easy call

Hi there greatgame230, good evening, how you doing? Thanks for your comment it is very important for us, altough, I respectfully disagree. Without being rude, it is very easy to say that we could had check/raise turn being deep stacked versus a recreational player at the micros.
Again, if we raise turn we will be making a wild recreational to think about folding its trashes such as A5o. We don't want wild recreational to fold its trashes, we want it to keep bluffing forever!
It is not an easy call when we bet river and even a wild recreational jams all-in both being deep stacked. If I had nearly 100 blinds I could say it is a regular call, not an easy one.
Let's not be oriented by results and try to do our best with incomplete information.
As I said to the poster of the hand, we should not open doors for recreational players to bluff us out of the pot. All the best for you, my comments are not personal, but entirely professional. Respect always and good game and good luck at the tables!

Regards;

Aragveli81

Aragveli81

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Scary board,scary stacks, well selected moment for Good bluff from recreational player :) nothing to do !

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi there greatgame230, good evening, how you doing? Thanks for your comment it is very important for us, altough, I respectfully disagree. Without being rude, it is very easy to say that we could had check/raise turn being deep stacked versus a recreational player at the micros.
Again, if we raise turn we will be making a wild recreational to think about folding its trashes such as A5o. We don't want wild recreational to fold its trashes, we want it to keep bluffing forever!
It is not an easy call when we bet river and even a wild recreational jams all-in both being deep stacked. If I had nearly 100 blinds I could say it is a regular call, not an easy one.
Let's not be oriented by results and try to do our best with incomplete information.
As I said to the poster of the hand, we should not open doors for recreational players to bluff us out of the pot. All the best for you, my comments are not personal, but entirely professional. Respect always and good game and good luck at the tables!

Regards;

Hi, when I gave my opinion of the hand they had already published the result is true but I did not take it into account that was rather because according to the description I read of the opponent is a very loose player and on the turn I have a board, 7s 3s 6h 7h which makes me think that he is going to call since I imagine it with a flush or straight project not with A5o and therefore I said it was an easy call because I do not see how he could lose that hand with QQ since the project flush I do it from the flop with the spades not with the hearts but it is my opinion I never intend with this to say that it is the right thing only what I would have done

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
Well... here we go!..

Preflop: standard.

Flop: I disagree with everyone here. On these type of boards I strongly suggest to check everything, including overpairs, sets and straight. QQ also would be check. Reason is that this flop is extremely good for IP caller, especially for loose caller who can have all sets and straights. On these type of boards, a lot of weak players start to bet OOP with overpairs and get stacked every time villain has straight or set. If you put this spot in piosolver it will show 90-95% check. For humans, it would be better to simplify and play 100% check and go from there. Betting with QQ is a bad play, however it's super good news that villain called you instead of raising. When villain calls this flop you can assume healthily that villain doesn't have set or straight, because villain should raise those hands with 100% frequency. Villain's call is awesome for your hand.

Turn: When villain called this flop, villain's range consists of flush draws, straight draws, two overcards and 7x hands. 8, 9, T, A and spade would be bad cards for you, because they bring A pair or two pairs, straights or flush. Second 7 is great for you because all villains draws missed and you should be very pumped. QQ is in a great spot and you should be happily betting here. You should never check, but if you check should do it with intention to check-raise. Especially with your queens, because you don't block straight draws and flush draws. Check is bad. Check-call is even worse.

River: As played on the river, you hand is a very clear check-call. You have a strong two pair hand, you block heart flush and you unblock missed spade flush draw. You shouldn't worry about T8, because villain would fold offsuit T8o preflop, sometimes raise them on the flop T8s and most likely wouldn't overbet with suited T8s combos on the turn. You block bet with a very wrong hand, because it is too strong to bet fold and weak to bet call. You want to block bet with hands that either easily bet fold, like 9x hand, or easily bet call, like full house. Block betting with QQ here is a huge mistake... As played though, when you bet and villain raises, I lean towards call, because of blockers. You unblock spade draws, which makes it more likely that villain has missed spade draw, and you block heart, which makes it less likely that villain has flush. I would fold QQ with a spade queen and call when you don't have Qs.

I'm sorry, on postflop you played wrong every single decision and deserved to lose this pot.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
GTO x Exploitative

Well... here we go!..

Flop: I disagree with everyone here. On these type of boards I strongly suggest to check everything, including overpairs, sets and straight. QQ also would be check. Reason is that this flop is extremely good for IP caller, especially for loose caller who can have all sets and straights. On these type of boards, a lot of weak players start to bet OOP with overpairs and get stacked every time villain has straight or set. If you put this spot in piosolver it will show 90-95% check. For humans, it would be better to simplify and play 100% check and go from there. Betting with QQ is a bad play, however it's super good news that villain called you instead of raising. When villain calls this flop you can assume healthily that villain doesn't have set or straight, because villain should raise those hands with 100% frequency. Villain's call is awesome for your hand.

Turn: When villain called this flop, villain's range consists of flush draws, straight draws, two overcards and 7x hands. 8, 9, T, A and spade would be bad cards for you, because they bring A pair or two pairs, straights or flush. Second 7 is great for you because all villains draws missed and you should be very pumped. QQ is in a great spot and you should be happily betting here. You should never check, but if you check should do it with intention to check-raise. Especially with your queens, because you don't block straight draws and flush draws. Check is bad. Check-call is even worse.

River: As played on the river, you hand is a very clear check-call. You have a strong two pair hand, you block heart flush and you unblock missed spade flush draw. You shouldn't worry about T8, because villain would fold offsuit T8o preflop, sometimes raise them on the flop T8s and most likely wouldn't overbet with suited T8s combos on the turn. You block bet with a very wrong hand, because it is too strong to bet fold and weak to bet call. You want to block bet with hands that either easily bet fold, like 9x hand, or easily bet call, like full house. Block betting with QQ here is a huge mistake... As played though, when you bet and villain raises, I lean towards call, because of blockers. You unblock spade draws, which makes it more likely that villain has missed spade draw, and you block heart, which makes it less likely that villain has flush. I would fold QQ with a spade queen and call when you don't have Qs.

I'm sorry, on postflop you played wrong every single decision and deserved to lose this pot.

Hi there liuouhgkres, good evening, how do you do? Thank you very much for your candor and critics. It is paramount for our improvement to read to people who disagree. This is the way we form a complex process of thought.
You mentioned piosolver for the solution of the hand, that's awesome because it will provide us a GTO perspective of the game. Most of 2 NLHE players, from average regulars to complete fish, will elect to play a more Exploitative Strategy at the micros, instead of GTO Strategy.
I have nothing against GTO, I simply believe it doesn't work at the micros, and believe me, I tried a lot, and lost huge ammounts of EV trying to go GTO at the tables. So I decided to stop playing and evaluate what I really learned and applied playing poker.
Of course CardsChat helps me a lot with my gameplan and my study plan. CardsChat is like an university of poker to me.
That being said, I believe very much that if we play GTO at the higher limits (50 NLHE or higher stakes) we are going to have more success because we will be facing real thinking players, very hard to beat and so we must use the best strategy. (sometimes, of course, mixing some exploitative game with GTO)
But even good regulars at 100 NLHE will not play GTO when not necessary. For example, an average regular of 100 NLHE who is most likely to play GTO versus another regulars, raises in position and get called by a recreational player out of position. The regular has information such as stats and notes and volume of hands played to make the best postflop decision: he know that if it tries to play GTO with a player like this is would be less profitable, since we already know that recreational players are not thinking in levels of the game.
The regular will vary his bet sizings to be as much as exploitable as it is possible to be: the recreational out of position calls 80% of the time, so the regular in position opens 4x, having certainty that the player out of position is gonna call.
The regular picks some decent equity in the flop and instead of betting small or checking, it will bet slightly higher bet sizings when it really has a made hand or a made hand plus a very good draw, because the recreational out of position simply loves to call! We deviate a lot from GTO when we are playing micro-stakes games, we almost never play it.
Betting this flop out of position versus a wild recreational is a bet for value that is going to be paid (good for us!) or raised (great for us!) a great chunk of the times.
On the contrary side, checking this low flop give us the riks of wild recreational to check-behind and complete its equity for free! Why sould we give our equity for free, knowing that the player will call in a wild nonsense frequency? We should be this flop versus a wild recreational almost 100% of times and it is a bet for value, not for bluff.
If the wild recreational called with 54 suited or one of the pairs that forms sets in the flop good for him! I don't believe, ever, that a wild recreational would slow play such hands such as two pairs, sets and specially straights (if the wild recreational puts chips in the middle with air can you imagine what it does when it hits a strong flop?)
We must bet this flop almost 90% of times against wild recreational. We must use even larger sizes, we can even bet pot very safe here and get called by a ton of trashes and marginal hands, in the best case a value hand that we beat (for example, the wild rec decided to call preflop with 99, TT, JJ, for instance, those are hands that the wild rec could be shoving river, given that the board is low).
Watching high stakes poker is a great way of wasting our time. We know that players who like to play GTO are playing crazy high stakes games such as 500 NLHE, 1000 NLHE and above. We hear about players like LinusLove or Charlie Carrell do this and that GTO move at the higher stakes tables, but it doesn't help us: high stakes poker are more showbusinness than reality, so of course they are show they are playing a "100% GTO Strategy" which seems crazy for the medium, small and low stakes.
I recommend not to watch higher stakes videos, specially if you play at lower stakes, such as myself 10 NLHE and under.

Regards;

Regards;

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
Hi there liuouhgkres, good evening, how do you do? Thank you very much for your candor and critics. It is paramount for our improvement to read to people who disagree. This is the way we form a complex process of thought.
You mentioned piosolver for the solution of the hand, that's awesome because it will provide us a GTO perspective of the game. Most of 2 NLHE players, from average regulars to complete fish, will elect to play a more Exploitative Strategy at the micros, instead of GTO Strategy.
I have nothing against GTO, I simply believe it doesn't work at the micros, and believe me, I tried a lot, and lost huge ammounts of EV trying to go GTO at the tables. So I decided to stop playing and evaluate what I really learned and applied playing poker.
Of course CardsChat helps me a lot with my gameplan and my study plan. CardsChat is like an university of poker to me.
That being said, I believe very much that if we play GTO at the higher limits (50 NLHE or higher stakes) we are going to have more success because we will be facing real thinking players, very hard to beat and so we must use the best strategy. (sometimes, of course, mixing some exploitative game with GTO)
But even good regulars at 100 NLHE will not play GTO when not necessary. For example, an average regular of 100 NLHE who is most likely to play GTO versus another regulars, raises in position and get called by a recreational player out of position. The regular has information such as stats and notes and volume of hands played to make the best postflop decision: he know that if it tries to play GTO with a player like this is would be less profitable, since we already know that recreational players are not thinking in levels of the game.
The regular will vary his bet sizings to be as much as exploitable as it is possible to be: the recreational out of position calls 80% of the time, so the regular in position opens 4x, having certainty that the player out of position is gonna call.
The regular picks some decent equity in the flop and instead of betting small or checking, it will bet slightly higher bet sizings when it really has a made hand or a made hand plus a very good draw, because the recreational out of position simply loves to call! We deviate a lot from GTO when we are playing micro-stakes games, we almost never play it.
Betting this flop out of position versus a wild recreational is a bet for value that is going to be paid (good for us!) or raised (great for us!) a great chunk of the times.
On the contrary side, checking this low flop give us the riks of wild recreational to check-behind and complete its equity for free! Why sould we give our equity for free, knowing that the player will call in a wild nonsense frequency? We should be this flop versus a wild recreational almost 100% of times and it is a bet for value, not for bluff.
If the wild recreational called with 54 suited or one of the pairs that forms sets in the flop good for him! I don't believe, ever, that a wild recreational would slow play such hands such as two pairs, sets and specially straights (if the wild recreational puts chips in the middle with air can you imagine what it does when it hits a strong flop?)
We must bet this flop almost 90% of times against wild recreational. We must use even larger sizes, we can even bet pot very safe here and get called by a ton of trashes and marginal hands, in the best case a value hand that we beat (for example, the wild rec decided to call preflop with 99, TT, JJ, for instance, those are hands that the wild rec could be shoving river, given that the board is low).
Watching high stakes poker is a great way of wasting our time. We know that players who like to play GTO are playing crazy high stakes games such as 500 NLHE, 1000 NLHE and above. We hear about players like LinusLove or Charlie Carrell do this and that GTO move at the higher stakes tables, but it doesn't help us: high stakes poker are more showbusinness than reality, so of course they are show they are playing a "100% GTO Strategy" which seems crazy for the medium, small and low stakes.
I recommend not to watch higher stakes videos, specially if you play at lower stakes, such as myself 10 NLHE and under.

Regards;

Regards;

I disagree with you, because if you don't know how to play GTO, you don't know how to exploit. I am playing low stakes cash at ACR now and my winrate is 24bb/100 hands playing GTO-ish poker.

A lot of the time, actually by playing GTO you would be automatically exploiting your opponents mistakes. For example, on many boards when we bet small, villain should raise 15-20% of the time, and should be very sticky with many marginal hands because of pot odds, but a lot of micro-regs and micro-whales overfold by a huge margin. So, by playing GTO and stabbing with small bets I am printing money on many boards. Another example would be hand in this topic. A lot of microstakes players bet IP almost 100% when we check OOP instead of c-betting. Especially one on one. This is a common mistake, they just can't handle themselves and bet when they feel weakness. So exploiting that would be to trap with our strong hands, which is what GTO suggests. And in this hand again, if Hero played GTO, he would have won a big pot instead of losing a big pot.

If you play GTO and think you lose a lot of value at micro stakes, you are not really playing GTO. There is a good video on youtube, where high stakes player and coach, Alvin Lau, plays lowstakes on ignition and destroys it with 25bb/100 winrate, playing GTO. With all respect I strongly suggest that you should reconsider your attitude towards GTO.

Last edited:
Q

quant1986

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well... here we go!..

Thanks liuouhgkres. I plugged this hand into a solver and assigned a 80% wild calling range to BTN. Yes flop I should check almost entire range especially this stack depth OOP. In game I thought it is better to bet QQ to deny some random Kx/Ax equity but actually Kx/Ax should be a small part of this villain range and bluff-catch / equity realization should be preferable line.

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks liuouhgkres. I plugged this hand into a solver and assigned a 80% wild calling range to BTN. Yes flop I should check almost entire range especially this stack depth OOP. In game I thought it is better to bet QQ to deny some random Kx/Ax equity but actually Kx/Ax should be a small part of this villain range and bluff-catch / equity realization should be preferable line.
Semi grunch.

Interesting solver output. I'm not sure it considers the bet sizing dynamic though. Since we are OOP and V is uber aggressive and will likely overbet if we check I prefer betting our over pair here. If he will make a normal sized 1/2 or 2/3 bet then I agree with the solver. By c-betting flop as we did we are controlling the pot and gaining information. I think this guy raises 7x when we c-bet this flop in a single raised pot. I like the turn play and agree that check / calling river is best. He may still jam which would be gross but if the smaller pot induces a smaller river bet then it becomes easier for us to bluff catch as we don't have to be correct as often. Given flop action I'm more worried about the flush than the 7x, although he could still show up with some nutted hands that he tried to play a bit slower.

Last edited: