Xmaster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
888 Poker - $0.30 NL (6 max) FAST - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (BTN): 103 BB
SB: 108.5 BB (VPIP: 36.47, PFR: 16.47, 3Bet Preflop: 3.23, hands: 87)
BB: 235.33 BB (VPIP: 15.64, PFR: 8.53, 3Bet Preflop: 3.30, Hands: 211)
UTG: 36.7 BB (VPIP: 23.26, PFR: 11.63, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 44)
MP: 139.73 BB (VPIP: 50.00, PFR: 50.00, 3Bet Preflop: -, Hands: 2)
CO: 30.83 BB (VPIP: 14.29, PFR: 9.52, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 22)

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has A:club: J:diamond:

fold, MP raises to 3.5 BB, fold, Hero calls 3.5 BB, fold, fold

Flop: (8.5 BB, 2 players) 8:spade: J:club: 5:spade:
MP checks, Hero bets 5 BB, MP calls 5 BB

Turn: (18.5 BB, 2 players) 5:club:
MP checks, Hero bets 13.33 BB, MP calls 13.33 BB

River: (45.17 BB, 2 players) 8:heart:
MP checks, Hero bets 26.67 BB, MP raises to 117.9 BB and is all-in, Hero ?

Should I fold with 50BB behind? Should I play the different? Thank you :)

Aces2w1n

Aces2w1n

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think when we cant handle the raise we should check behind... thats the prob with thin value sometimes.

Alright an unknown will give you credit so no value becaus he wont call.

So knowing this we are only putting money in to lose it.

It takes image to get those calls behind with weaker hand and well that is history with villain which we dont have... i think if villain showed more aggression earlier streets we could get value from Ax though but yeh as played its hard not to put him on the fullhouse or QQ

X

Xmaster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you :) Yes, my value bet on the river was probably too thin.

S

stokedog4

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No reason to bet here. You have showdown value and no info on your opponent.

Fold as played.

But looking at the hand, how many 8s or 5s are in his range... Yes he could have one, but raising from ep with A5, 89s, 55, or 88, all possibilities... so this guy could be a huge fish betting who know what... But if we are guessing what he's doing this with, we should fold! Don't guess!

Checking river is best....

T

theresets

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Like the other people said river is too thin. It's a really bad runout and while there were probably a lot of rivers you could have safely bet this is not one of them. Im going to have to advise a fold here.

R

razzor94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you played this hand OK given that you didnt have any info on your opponent. Thin value bets is what seperates solid winners from people who beat the game.

In my opinion QQ+ always cbet that board, Jx always cbets that board(unless QJ sometimes), he could check top set and go for a check raise cause this board gets bet very often but its more unlikely that he has JJ cause you have a blocker + he check called. Middle and bottom set also cbet cause the board is just so wet. Depending on the player flush draws cbet here and some gutter straight draws also so when he check calls he is telling you he has some SD value type hand but not strong enough to cbet.
Betting turn is OK you still get value from 99 TT, and maybe QJ and A8s sometimes if he decided to play it that way.
The riv bet is fine by me. He checked 3 times. He hasnt shown any strength.The river check raise is interesting. The only thing that that beats you here is 87s , 98s and A8s+you hace the A of clubs so there are only 5 combos of those (Ad8d, 9c8c, 8c7c, 9d8d, 8d7d). I would rule out 5s full as he would probably go for check call on the riv and jacks full cause there is only 1 pair of JJ in the deck. Same with 55 and 88 + the way the hand was played doesnt have me convinced he has one of those hands.
So the real question is does this player have a bluffing range and what is it in this spot and is it mathematicaly correct to call the shove given the range that we assigned ?
You are getting 3 to 1 so you need to be good at least 25% time to breakeven on your money, which means you would like at least 30% equity against his shove to make a +EV call.
So hands could he bluff here besides the 5 combos that beat us(you can add your own range if you disagree) ? Its hard to say cause he is an unknown. Most regs play their draws aggresively if they are the PF raiser. My guess would be QTs without spades and 76s without spades.

Here are some pictures from Pokerstove with some ranges that i assigned.
In the first picture you will see we have more than enough equity to call here given the range we assigned. In the second picture with an even worse scenario we still have enough odds to call and even though i would like some more information on the villain i would probably call the river shove.

And if you are wrong sometimes it doesnt mean you played the hand wrong as long as the ranges you built are logical.

GL on the tables.

Attachments

• range one.jpg
    range one.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 14
  • range2.jpg
    range2.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 15
GotaLovePoke

GotaLovePoke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Weird check-raise... Tough spot. Proper play was to check river though, always check river with moderate strenght hands. Fold as played.

TakMits

TakMits

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
against an unknown player you should check your hand in the river i think in this spot is more a show down value hand than a value hand , if you have more information i.e his a calling station sure bet the river for value, as played fold.