$2 NLHE Full Ring: Unraised pot, was this in-correct of me?

C

Casey55

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
EDIT: I guess it was a Raised-Pot , does this make the play bad or is this a call

pokerstars, Hold'em No Limit - $0.01/$0.02 - 8 players
Replay this hand on Upswing Poker

UTG: $2.51 (126 bb)
UTG+1: $0.84 (42 bb)
MP: $2.00 (100 bb)
MP+1: $2.78 (139 bb)
CO: $0.22 (11 bb)
BU: $0.87 (44 bb)
SB (Hero): $1.40 (70 bb)
BB: $0.80 (40 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is SB with K Q
UTG raises to $0.06, UTG+1 calls $0.06, 2 players fold, CO calls $0.06, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.05, BB calls $0.04

Flop: ($0.30) Q Q 5 (5 players)
Hero bets $0.10, BB folds, UTG raises to $0.35, 2 players fold, Hero raises to $1.34 (all-in), UTG calls $0.99

Turn: ($2.98) 3 (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($2.98) 2 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $2.98 (Rake: $0.10)

Showdown:
SB (Hero) shows K Q (three of a kind, Queens)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 24%, Flop: 24%, Turn: 14%, River: 0%)

UTG shows A Q (three of a kind, Queens - higher kicker)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 76%, Flop: 76%, Turn: 86%, River: 100%)

UTG wins $2.88

I thought villain could have 55 here, but also more likely some sort of good FD and a weaker Q, AQ was a possibility but what do you think

moulan7

moulan7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yep it was raised flop xD.

Probably the best action is to fold preflop but maybe it's ok to call since the odds are fine.
It's hard to play KQo out of position especially against utg open.
If you have top pair either you hit a K or Q you can still probably lose to a better kicker.

Here you flop a monster and you take the initiative and donk bet 30% of the pot.
I can't understand your play. At the majority of the time everyone will probably fold and if someone will call you have to worry about it.
Now since the preflop raiser reraises I don't know what to think.
Is he doing that with a Q? weird. But your donk bet was too small and maybe he does it with a Q to increase his value. For sure he confuses the audience with such a move lol.
So, after his reraise (even though I find it weird) I prefer to just call and then check the turn.
But I guess you can't do many things here other than lose your chips. Pretty tough situation out of position.

X

xrhstos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop I'd rather call with KQs, with KQo I would rather fold or make an optimistic 3bet squeeze.

As played, if we assume villain raises what they should from UTG, when they raise on us on the flop their value range consists of KQ,AQ,QJs,55, which we are doing horribly against.
Part of their range could also be AT,AJ of clubs, which some aggressive villains would raise on the flop.

When you are shoving on the flop the only hand from their range that you beat is QJs.
Check-calling flop is a better alternative which also keeps their weaker part of their range on the hand.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Against an EP open at full ring I prefer to just fold KQo from any position. There is just to much domination going on, which this hand is a prime example off. If its a small open, I might defend my BB, but other than that just get out of the way and wait for a better spot. I say it again and again in these hand history reviews, but we really need to respect EP opens at full ring. In this spot some short stacked players have also called behind, which mean, the pot is already bloated, and postflop is going to be a mess, unless we smash the heck out of the flop.

Postflop
You got bailed out by the flop, and I actually dont mind your donk lead. With so many players to the flop, UTG is not going to C-bet light, but he will have a hard time folding hands like AA or KK to a single bet. And the three short stacked players will also call with whatever. Your size could perhaps be a bit larger like half pot. When UTG raise, its kind of gross, but you only lose to 7 combos, so I guess, its just a cooler. But this is part of the reason, why you dont call an UTG open with KQ. He will have all combos of AK and AQ, but he will at most have suited combos of hands like KJ or QJ.

C

Casey55

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think the pre-flop call was bad, I could have folded it but I was given great odds, I also didn't want to check the flop with a FD on board in-case somebody had 2 clubs, I have K of clubs but I need runner runner, I can also hit a K for full house but I wasn't sure about the chance it gets checked through, when villain re-raises me I still wasn't quite sure I mean its not so clear cut at micros I have seen some horrendous stuff like people overplaying AA in these spots, Maybe AKs,AJs,ATs with the NFD. Only hands that beat me where AQ and 55 I dont think villain raising Q5 from EP. Also thought QJs is a possibility

C

Casey55

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very informative response fundiver thank you , the thing about having All Ak,AQ, and only some suited combos of broadways made a ton of sense thank you for that, your right folding may have been best aswell

G

GWU73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pre flop, KQo in the SB should be folded pre flop vs an EP raise. Things change if the raise comes from near the button. Flop was basically automatic, since you only fear AQ and 55.

K

kkonicke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's just a cooler. Preflop is fine, though it would be better if you had position. Playing that hand out of position, you either need to hit or you're check/folding to all cbets. Once the flop hits, you can't get away from it. AQ is the only truly viable hand that can beat you, and AA/KK at these stakes are for sure getting it in on this board. Even some worse pairs probably.

Just a cooler

C

Casey55

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you all for the feedback very appreciated