Flop: ($0.11) J 7 Q (2 players)
Hero checks, BTN bets $0.07, Hero calls $0.07

Turn: ($0.25) 9 (2 players)
Hero checks, BTN bets $0.14, Hero calls $0.14

River: ($0.53) 5 (2 players)
Hero checks, BTN bets $0.35, Hero calls $0.35

Villain VPIP/PFR/3bet/AF , 19/15/6.1/2.2 over 110 hands

Questions:
1. Would you check raise the turn or river?

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I would check raise the river to try and extract value from sets, straights and loose players with top pairs. You have a lower flush, but more often than not you are running into weaker hands. Wouldn't be happy if the response to the check raise is a jam.

J

julianjjboy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer check raise at river. But the size could be min-raise to control the pot. If villain jam vs our min-raise, we can easy fold.

According to the villain' s number, he is a standard regular. So we can put his bet/bet/bet range at two pair or set. It's totally can check raise to get value.

C

cs_rlewis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would check raise turn here.

M

micromoi

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would have check raised the flop to build the pot, on the turn your raise means flush it's hard to extract money there, on the river u have to raise i would go allin and let him take a decision, let him make the hero call

elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer to check/raise on the turn, maybe wait for take the action and open raise on the river, or check raise in the river, It will depend on the way like the villain had play in the others hands.

In according of the villain image, maybe can I open shove on the river.

NHequalsFU

NHequalsFU

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you check-raise the turn you are leading the river and some rivers will kill your action.

I prefer a check-raise on the river.

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will talk about preflop because 65s is like bottom hand in your range and this hand doesn't play so good oop as people think. Even vs 2.5x open. I would prefer to 3bet bluff it. But I guess vs that player call could be a little better.

About postflop I raise it on turn vs a weak player (64bb). Raising flop as someone mentioned is total no sense. You get good odds and on these stakes smaller feq from weaker players.

G

Gabe16

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
X/r turn. I could see the benefit of calling less vulnerable flushes on the turn to stick it to villain on the river. But this is just too vulnerable!

Not raising is bad though.

Q

quant1986

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks everyone, I lost some values here not raising turn or river
This flush is quite vulnerable and does need protection and happy to get it in given effective stack is 64BB.

Villain had 43hh here....didn't expect his range is that wide

GreenDaddy1

GreenDaddy1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villain's open is not so bad here, 888 Snap is super tight and the blinds generally are not well defended. I've been tempted to start opening from the button with about 80% of hands but can't bring myself to do it :p

I don't mind your call with 65s either. I quite like seeing flops cheap with speculative hands in micro fast fold games, particularly in position but it can be ok in the BB too if you avoid spewing chips into the pot when you completely miss. Does become important to get value when you do connect though. When those hands do connect with the flop they can play very well against the higher premium hands that many of the nits on these tables are restricting themselves too.

I'd have check raised on the turn also and be trying to get it all in, despite the risk of better flushes.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Thanks everyone, I lost some values here not raising turn or river
This flush is quite vulnerable and does need protection and happy to get it in given effective stack is 64BB.

Villain had 43hh here....didn't expect his range is that wide
You're playing 0.01/0.02. I know there's some belief that Snap is played very tightly, but my experience has been the opposite. Expect anything.

R

RunItOnce_James

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that raising the turn versus this sizing is the play. When someone uses this kind of sizing on a wet board, I wouldn't be surprised if they're often getting one last street of value with 2 pair + and intending on checking back the river.

omnom8

omnom8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will talk about preflop because 65s is like bottom hand in your range and this hand doesn't play so good oop as people think. Even vs 2.5x open. I would prefer to 3bet bluff it. But I guess vs that player call could be a little better.

About postflop I raise it on turn vs a weak player (64bb). Raising flop as someone mentioned is total no sense. You get good odds and on these stakes smaller feq from weaker players.

why better ? why reise on turn better ? :heeeellll

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
why better ? why reise on turn better ? :heeeellll

Because on flop we have worst possible flush draw in our range. We get acceptable odds and I don't expect too many folds from villain on the flop. So call.

Now I see I made some mistake in last post because on 888 you can't play with 100bbs as default buy in . Forgot about it. It changes things a bit as villain have some tag stats (even after 110 hands) and we don't have the nuts here. Now I think check/call turn and river is better. Or maybe even check/fold river. Villain will only barrel flushes on nl2 there. Because these stakes are so passive and most of the guys can't triple barrel Ah there. So by raising turn or river we mostly isolate ourselves vs a better flush.

G

Gabe16

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Because on flop we have worst possible flush draw in our range. We get acceptable odds and I don't expect too many folds from villain on the flop. So call.

Now I see I made some mistake in last post because on 888 you can't play with 100bbs as default buy in . Forgot about it. It changes things a bit as villain have some tag stats (even after 110 hands) and we don't have the nuts here. Now I think check/call turn and river is better. Or maybe even check/fold river. Villain will only barrel flushes on nl2 there. Because these stakes are so passive and most of the guys can't triple barrel Ah there. So by raising turn or river we mostly isolate ourselves vs a better flush.

But villain isn’t passive. AF of 2.2. That’s more betting than checking.

The reason not to raise flop is because villain has range and nut advantage and our value range is pretty narrow. Although at this stack depth it matters a lot less.

The value range expands on the turn, it’s a dynamic board and villain will call 2nd best hands and some draws. We x/r because we have a vulnerable flush. We need to find some bluffs here too.

Folding river is dire. Villain offers us 2.5-1 and your going to fold a flush?

I’m not sure your taking stacks into account. Not raising 200bb deep is fine. But at 65bb?

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
But villain isn’t passive. AF of 2.2. That’s more betting than checking.

The reason not to raise flop is because villain has range and nut advantage and our value range is pretty narrow. Although at this stack depth it matters a lot less.

The value range expands on the turn, it’s a dynamic board and villain will call 2nd best hands and some draws. We x/r because we have a vulnerable flush. We need to find some bluffs here too.

Folding river is dire. Villain offers us 2.5-1 and your going to fold a flush?

I’m not sure your taking stacks into account. Not raising 200bb deep is fine. But at 65bb?

It's 110 hands. After that small sample sometimes I had af like 8.0.
I disagree that we need to find some bluffs here. It's nl2 and I won't judge this hand like I would play on nl25+. But ye. We have a value raise on turn. My mistake. This 50bb max buy in on 888 messed up my mind for a moment.

G

Gabe16

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's 110 hands. After that small sample sometimes I had af like 8.0.
I disagree that we need to find some bluffs here. It's nl2 and I won't judge this hand like I would play on nl25+. But ye. We have a value raise on turn. My mistake. This 50bb max buy in on 888 messed up my mind for a moment.

Underbluff by all means (by a long way too) but we still need some semi bluffs. It’s a waste not to do so when we have so much value.

Hujiko

Hujiko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
19 VIP for me to low for being a good TAG on 6 MAX would expect a good TAG to being 22 VIP at least.

Anyway 56s I like the call preflop (I rather complete on the BB then 3 bet) and on the flop.

Would def check raise on the turn (playing 56s one cant be afraid of better flushes) to let sets and one card flush draws pay for the right to see the next card. And as there are plenty of high card hearts left your hand needs protection as you did conclude yourself.

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
19 VIP for me to low for being a good TAG on 6 MAX would expect a good TAG to being 22 VIP at least.

Anyway 56s I like the call preflop (I rather complete on the BB then 3 bet) and on the flop.

Would def check raise on the turn (playing 56s one cant be afraid of better flushes) to let sets and one card flush draws pay for the right to see the next card. And as there are plenty of high card hearts left your hand needs protection as you did conclude yourself.

I know a solid nl1k + reg who used to play 19/16. People who try to have good looking stats are often the losing players. Stats are only the stats. You can't never say that someone who plays 25/23 is better than guy playing 19/16 because it's not truth. It's always about how you play your range preflop and postflop.

About this hand and villain's stats. People just make many mistakes judging vpip/pfr after 100-200 hands. This guy from BU can be a nit playing 12/10 or he can play 30/26 in a long run.

And finally about 56s. Just look in your databases if you lose less than 100bb/100 on BB with 56s. That will give you some answers. I think most of the guys can't play it more profitable than -100bb/100.

Last edited:
Hujiko

Hujiko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know a solid nl1k + reg who used to play 19/16. People who try to have good looking stats are often the losing players. Stats are only the stats. You can't never say that someone who plays 25/23 is better than guy playing 19/16 because it's not truth. It's always about how you play your range preflop and postflop.

About this hand and villain's stats. People just make many mistakes judging vpip/pfr after 100-200 hands. This guy from BU can be a nit playing 12/10 or he can play 30/26 in a long run.

And finally about 56s. Just look in your databases if you lose less than 100bb/100 on BB with 56s. That will give you some answers. I think most of the guys can't play it more profitable than -100bb/100.

Agree with most of your saying but I only say that I expect a good TAG to have at least a 22 VIP. A good REG can have 19 VIP on 6 MAX and be a winning player, but a good tag will win more ofc just generally speaking about 6 MAX. :)

Hujiko

Hujiko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
___________________________My C Won
ROCK VIP < 17 _________________ 3
NIT 17 < VIP < 22 _______________ -9
TIGHT 22 < VIP < 27 ____________ 15
LAG 27 < VIP < 32 ______________ -39
MANIAC 32 < VIP______________ -43
HEAVY LIMPER _______________ -59
ALL ___________________________ -6

Here is what I use as an indication of the player types on 6 MAX FAST (50 NL) and how they perform (won averaged on BB per 100 hands).

Last edited:
Full Flush Poker