Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 33/33/3

Hello there Cardschat community how you doing? I played this hand at pokerstars Zoom 6-MAX and I have played only 3 hands with Villain, so no safe information.
Is is a very default spot, I would like to know of you what should I have done different in this hand, for example, should I have raised the Squeeze preflop? Should I have raised the c-bet flop? Because both Hero and Villain were deep stacked is there something else that I could do?
Thanks you all

PS: I wrote the title wrong, it was not a Preflop Squeeze but a Preflop 3Bet, sorry :p

https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/424mcAqQ3

Regards;

good game and good luck at the tables always!

Carlos 'Aballinamion' Barbosa

Last edited:
KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi hi :ciao:
its poker
sometimes KKK wins sometimes it loses
if you not going to the wall with trip kings here when will you?

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes you should 4 bet heads up with KK vs an unknown in this spot. If you’re not 4 betting here what are your 4 bets? With only 3 hands I’m not folding to the 5 bet either. As played you are OOP and flopped the nuts you have to raise either flop or turn to get stacks in. No way you can fold the second nuts on the turn or third nuts on the river. 4 betting pre and bet/raising flop may not have saved you this hand but you can’t play every hand thinking the unknown V has the one or two or 3 hands that beat you.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Even with 150BB its fine to always stack off KK preflop, when its 6-max, and only two players entered the pot. As someone else said, if you are not 4-betting KK, then what does your 4-bet range look like? Its only aces? Or only bluffs? Postflop I dont mind your line. You are in position, so you can always take over the betting, if he slow down, and in a 3-bet pot you dont have to raise to get stacks inside. The outcome is just one of the most common and boring coolers in poker. Someone have aces, someone have kings, someone go broke. Happen all the time and does not matter.

0815am

0815am

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Am I reading hand history correctly that this wasn’t a squeeze? 3B from OOP be EP raise is a stronger range. I don’t mind the way you played the hand post flop. With 150BB, I don’t think there are many worse hands to get it in against but AK. Whereas you might get more value from JJ or QQ.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes you should 4 bet heads up with KK vs an unknown in this spot. If you’re not 4 betting here what are your 4 bets? With only 3 hands I’m not folding to the 5 bet either. As played you are OOP and flopped the nuts you have to raise either flop or turn to get stacks in. No way you can fold the second nuts on the turn or third nuts on the river. 4 betting pre and bet/raising flop may not have saved you this hand but you can’t play every hand thinking the unknown V has the one or two or 3 hands that beat you.

Good morning c0rnBr34d thanks a lot for your review. It's very kind of you. You are completely right my friend, I played very passively this hand. I should have either made a 4bet preflop because V gave me good pot odds with his small sizing 3bet, or I should have check-raised the nuts in the flop, for value and protection because there was a flush draw there.

Regards;

LevySystem

LevySystem

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey there, I Aggree with my forsayers, KK should allways be a 4bet preflop, especially since you are deeper. You could make an Argument for calling AA there, but since its 100bb+ I would always 4bet.

As played I'd checkraise Turn to get it in vs his club Ax And AK before the draw actually hits. Depending on the villain you're line might be better but at micros Vs often lag aggression.

As it played out it's just a cooler, don't see were you can make more/ loose less money here unless you had a decent sample of the Villain. Except from what is stated above.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hey there, I Aggree with my forsayers, KK should allways be a 4bet preflop, especially since you are deeper. You could make an Argument for calling AA there, but since its 100bb+ I would always 4bet.

As played I'd checkraise Turn to get it in vs his club Ax And AK before the draw actually hits. Depending on the villain you're line might be better but at micros Vs often lag aggression.

As it played out it's just a cooler, don't see were you can make more/ loose less money here unless you had a decent sample of the Villain. Except from what is stated above.

Ich danke dir! (I thank you!)

Regards;