My 1st hand upload

Scofray

Scofray

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry also new to cards chat very rarely post mainly love reading all posts tbh lol

rafa77777

rafa77777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Judging by the real chances, the course is of course a minus, but on the other hand, we don’t know the real chances, we are guided only by the probable ones, therefore it was worth playing ..

Scofray

Scofray

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Judging by the real chances, the course is of course a minus, but on the other hand, we don’t know the real chances, we are guided only by the probable ones, therefore it was worth playing ..

Deep mate thanks

mitroff

mitroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Played as standard. How else was it possible to play in such a situation? The turn can be played fold given the large bet on such a board, but this depends on the opponent.

Scofray

Scofray

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks ,Just curious to know mate thought maybe I shouldn’t be in the hand atal but tend to have a wider range on those stakes . Just started trying to use proper bankroll methods so having start there till maybe reach $100 then go up .

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will never fold straight flush draw. And there is flush and straight, just to many outs to fold

mitroff

mitroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
popstani, Scofray what would you do if the river closed flush without a straight flush and allin comes?

Scofray

Scofray

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I prob would have still called mate didn’t put him on the flush tbh what about you

vra4a

vra4a

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depends on the tournaments they play, over 5-6-7 hour.

mitroff

mitroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prob would have still called mate didn’t put him on the flush tbh what about you
I would play fold against an adequate opponent. Call only against agromaniacs. Strongly aggressively, he played his hand. Although this is on NL2 everything is possible.:D

naydanazar

naydanazar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
https://www.boomplayer.com/30256135_1784A444D6

Hi there just looking on advice on how I played this winning hand should I have even been in it or should I have gave up after flop any advice welcome thanks .

Every good player did the same thing you did ... So I wish you success, and you did everything right, I would also pick up your place, the flop as you see yourself prompted - play on):call2:

Scofray

Scofray

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Every good player did the same thing you did ... So I wish you success, and you did everything right, I would also pick up your place, the flop as you see yourself prompted - play on):call2:

Thanks

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally don’t like check calling... straight flush is nice. Check calling is fishy. Raise that on flop. Going play 6/8 raise pre flop. Take control of hand.

Scofray

Scofray

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally don’t like check calling... straight flush is nice. Check calling is fishy. Raise that on flop. Going play 6/8 raise pre flop. Take control of hand.

Thanks for advice mate

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyways, raise size pre is just absolute not right. I would expect the correct sizing to be around 0.8 to 0.14 (typically vs unknown 0.1, however personally I feel, even higher is better). He might fold to larger raise once and a while, also if larger he might fold to flop CB. The mistake here is so large that it’s making further analysis too pointless to make imo.

Last edited:
I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think your raise size should of been more like 0.8 preflop. Don't mind the turn don't think I'm folding an open ended straight flush draw there. How come you only called the river and didn't jam the extra 0.94?

Scofray

Scofray

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok thanks mate , he went all in mate and I had him coverd a good bit was only us two in the hand also so could only call him if you get me

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok thanks mate , he went all in mate and I had him coverd a good bit was only us two in the hand also so could only call him if you get me
Haha ignore that stupid comment I didn't see that first time I watched it

Scofray

Scofray

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No worries mate thanks for advice anyway greatfull

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Welcome. Think preflop was the only issue for me. The turn could go either way and don't think I'd personally raise the flop as if you missed your probably just going to have to end up going with it maybe with A high draw i would be more inclined to raise it but you would find yourself in same situation if missed but would have the fall back of your ace overcard aswell

Scofray

Scofray

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeh I hear you mate . Do you you have any books to recommend for studying . I picked up Daniel negreanu - Holdem wisdom and Phil helmuth - play like the pros but there very dated obv .

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeh I hear you mate . Do you you have any books to recommend for studying . I picked up Daniel negreanu - Holdem wisdom and Phil helmuth - play like the pros but there very dated obv .
I have a Chris moorman book he's one of the top online money winners that's a good one I also have an old Gus Hansen one their are the only two I've read tbh mate both good though moorman is a newer one

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands