When do you consider yourself pro?

D

danydidi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How to know what level are you in poker? Pro, beginner or inter?

Tomacco

Tomacco

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I think i'm amateur because i don't make money playing poker..

I think if you earn your salary every month playing poker then you become a professional player.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How to know what level are you in poker? Pro, beginner or inter?
When you are sitting on a table with these guys at these limits rebuy no problem and still battling into 2nd or 3rd place now that is a pro.
Successful pros are like Steve O'Dwyer here nice win:congrats:
While there are many successful people at lower limits until your comfortable at these games and bigger I think a player will still have a lot to learn.:)
Week 1 task 1

L

LSTBrand

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hobby

I just play for fun.
I think your getting more if you earn
money like 1000$ plus in a month.

D

danydidi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you are sitting on a table with these guys at these limits rebuy no problem and still battling into 2nd or 3rd place now that is a pro.
While there are many successful people at lower limits until your comfortable at these games and bigger I think a player will still have a lot to learn.:)
View attachment 270603
wowwwwww nice reply , too much experience

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me it is simple. If you play for fun you are recreational player even if you earn few $ here and there. If you earn at least part of your monthly income from poker and play regularly (at least few days per week) you are semi pro. If you entire income comes from poker (or at least big part of it) and your main working time is spent playing poker you are pro.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i'll never consider myself a pro.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The term "pro" in poker can mean a couple of different things. If you mean professional poker player - that is someone who plays poker full time as a job. They may or may not be profitable.

If you mean pro as in skill level - that would be more like a poker player who has been very successful and competitive at high levels.

In either case most members of CardsChat will never be pros - but we do have a handful of pro players here. :)

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I consider myself a beginner. I have little experience and skills, but I have a dream for which I am ready to work hard for the next 5-10 years.

koisug

koisug

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I will never be a professional! Yes, I actually don't want to! I just get high from the game, and the opportunity to win or lose tickles the nerves and makes the process just unforgettable and intriguing!

B

bempassado

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when I could make a living from poker I would consider myself a pro

koisug

koisug

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
View attachment 270603
A very vivid illustration of what a professional is. But I would clarify, there are still people who can afford such bets, but they can not be called a professional player, because he earns elsewhere. And the one who lives from playing poker - he is the professional

Edgerik

Edgerik

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
When you only play poker and have no other job and make a profit, you can be considered a professional.

T_Dawg

T_Dawg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play poker more than 60 hours a week. I have been playing more than 12 years and I have gotten 1099-MISC from my regular places so I guess I am pro. Plus, I study gaming theory.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
This is the best explanation I have read about question. 100% Agree

The term "pro" in poker can mean a couple of different things. If you mean professional poker player - that is someone who plays poker full time as a job. They may or may not be profitable.

If you mean pro as in skill level - that would be more like a poker player who has been very successful and competitive at high levels.

In either case most members of CardsChat will never be pros - but we do have a handful of pro players here. :)

Deedgee

Deedgee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As with any profession, one can consider themselves to be a professional, to have a career in their chosen profession, if they can pay their bills from said profession. If you're paying your bills with poker, it would not be unreasonable to call yourself a professional poker player.

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I consider myself an amateur who plays poker well, professional is a very different level, because, you need a good sponsor and be different.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I consider poker as a hobit and although my level of play has increased a lot thanks to CC. I never considered myself a pro player. I guess it is your results and the amount of your earnings that determines what status you belong to.

M

Marcelobp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that i'm amateur and i never will be pro. my focus in my life is another and i play poker more for fun.

L

lolshovaments

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Man if you can't answer this one by your own, you know for sure that Poker is not your profession. But anyway, to understand your level of playing you have to learn few things. And to be in this position, you have to study poker. Is not only a matter of checking your results and stats.

Sometimes, even profitable players will never be professional players.

But to be very clear about this question, this is also a skill. If you know your level and the level of your opponents you'll be a better poker player, since this game is all about information and interpretation.

And 100% of professional players improve this skill.

gallocobain

gallocobain

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I playing some years but I consider myself beginner yet

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Obviously when I can make a living from it, but unfortunately it is still there. :captain::icon_sant:icon_fara
:dancing2::congrats:
I would love to play in highroller tournaments but it takes money.:eating::eating::eating: :shakehand:congrats:

So until then, dreams and freerolls remain.:laugh::laugh::laugh::hello:

Then good luck all. And I hope you can make your dreams come true! :congrats::top::top::top:

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sorry for the lot of emog for the heat. :D