What role does intuition play when playing Poker?

T

tomyfreeman

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I am not saying anything crazy when I declare that there are many poker players who express that they have a special intuition when it comes to playing. They are considered visionaries, with a special capacity to interpret the game of our adversaries, being this the definitive player of poker. What do you think? Intuition is an important factor or is it of no use? :confused:

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I confirm intuition can help you reach your goal. I'm used to always analyzing the playing style of my opponents or memorizing the progress of certain spots. I think intuition is therefore a proposition provided by our unconscious, which comes from very rational processes being developed from sources of information such as memories and unconscious perceptions. an immediate perception of what should be done or what could happen and without recourse to reasoning. our mind can only process five to seven pieces of information at a time, while our subconscious can perceive hundreds of thousands. When making a decision, when the reasoning is closed. our conscious mind analyzes the different parameters and chooses what it thinks is the right option. Our unconscious also offers its solution. this solution may be different because it incorporates a lot more information into the equation. But few people know how to listen to this little voice.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Without a doubt, intuition is a very important factor in poker. But in any case, I believe that the player's skills are more important.

GIRFIED

GIRFIED

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Intuition is born after having studied and applied these studies in hundreds of thousands of hands, only through experience, we acquire the ability to clearly and immediately perceive the best decisions for the different scenarios that are presented to us when we play.

L

lusquinha2020

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when i dont have anything more to think using the logic, i start thinking with my instinct and my feelings

carlosnuno

carlosnuno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I consider that poker is not a game of intuition, it is a game of skill, knowledge and luck, besides I am skeptical of everything that has to do with a sixth sense, witches and predictions

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Intuition plays an important role in life not only in poker. Therefore, I believe that there is a place for intuition in poker. I believe that intuition is the result of your knowledge, which you did not remember, but it is recorded in the subcortex of the brain, and at a certain moment, when similar situations arise, the brain prompts us the correct decisions based on fast memory. But it should be noted that such a decision is not always correct.
Something like this, sorry, I am not an expert and do not have the necessary knowledge to reasonably tell you.
Therefore, I believe that you need to learn as much as possible and absorb new knowledge))), and of course, combine theory with a huge distance in practice.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
In poker, intuition is to be considered as well as other things like that but nevertheless even when intuition tells me that my opponent has a better hand than mine I still pay because I can't throw a hand that like it too much

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think intuition is near reading players. When you observe players how they roll u can simple recognize when they are bluffing and when they aren't.

CheezeWiz

CheezeWiz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I Think My Intuition is Evil

For me, that little voice tends to speak-up during a poker game and usually tries to talk me into making a Big Call that I logically can not justify. The little voice says to me "I think he is bluffing!" I say, "Well, I got two pair, but he might have caught his flush on the river...that is a Big Raise, I could lose a third of my chip stack if You are Wrong!" The little voice says "Go For It! Grow some ballz!" The clock is ticking down and I reluctantly call. The villain reveals his flush, and he quickly stacks his newly acquired chips.

"Damn It", I say. Why did I call that? The little voice does not answer. He has quietly disappeared and retreated to his bunker.

I tell myself, the next time that little devil decides to show-up and provide his advice, if I cannot logically convince myself that making that call is the right decision, I will fold.

Best of Luck At the Tables All,

CheezeWiz

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Intuition IS a factor in the game, although it' s not easy to say what role it plays. I tend to trust my intuition and more often than not it pays off.

L

lolshovaments

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The role of being the reason for eliminations in tournaments and -bb/100.

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Poker in my understanding is a game of skill and thought and a lot of study.

perrypip

perrypip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some people do have great intuition. Most fool themselves with it. Intuition will never replace studying the game and applying what you learn.

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, I think intuition is important in poker. Sometimes mathematics says that you need to bet, it is profitable, it is logical, but intuition says that you need to fold.
I often have this, you're rushing around before a choice, doubts just tear your brain, intuition screams that you need to fold, if you don't fold, you lose, and I sit and think, what the hell, I have a strong hand, all the chances you need to call, and you bet and lose, and you sit like this and think, damn, I knew I was going to lose, it's so stupid, and funny.

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Intuition is one of the most important factors in poker. But you can't rely on it 100%, because poker is a game of chance and anything can happen. It is better to rely on mental abilities in the field of professionalism and extensive gaming experience of playing Poker. Intuition as a tool is important by 7%. I wouldn't have given her more. Although, it is 100%. But it is better to trust her in Poker by 7%

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
Although it sounds rather strange, but I often rely on my intuition and my intuition rarely fails me. Apparently the reason is that my intuition is based on my experience, my skills and mastery.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
No intuition when playing poker, only an analysis of the game will help you make the right decision !!! If you rely on intuition, the game will end very quickly for you !!!

monkey23

monkey23

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Intuition is a good thing...but it can be mood dependent...it is sometimes hard to be truly objective with intuition.

May the farce be with ya ;)

EmiTou

EmiTou

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ups is very difficult, at times I let myself be guided by intuition, sometimes it comes out and makes me very happy, but then I know that it was only luck and that in poker I cannot leave it to luck or intuition alone.

T

tata777rus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Intuition is important. I often make decisions intuitively.:confused: However, intuition in poker should not border on fantasy - you cannot play a hand of the same suit in the hope of making a flush based only on anticipation. Intuition is only relevant in situations where, for example, your opponent is bluffing or playing with a very strong hand. You can also intuitively understand that your hand will give you an advantage at showdown, but you won't be able to determine the order of the cards in the deck, even if you have a good feeling about it.:)

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don’t believe in intuition in poker, it’s just luck.:)