Reflections and thoughts of great players about poker

MauroMMMM

MauroMMMM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is one that I found and liked. If you want to publish yours or other players, citing the source of course.

“The game of poker is not about making money, but about making good decisions. If you make the right decision, you will earn money ”(Annie Duke)

Do you agree with Annie's reflection?;)

"To be a successful player you have to be completely unconcerned with money" (Doyle Bunson)

James "Wild Bill" was shot to the head during a poker game in a tavern on August 2, 1876. When he died, he had double pair of aces and eights. Since then, that hand has been known as dummy's hand.:confused::confused::confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is one that I found and liked. If you want to publish yours or other players, citing the source of course.

“The game of poker is not about making money, but about making good decisions. If you make the right decision, you will earn money ”(Annie Duke)

Do you agree with Annie's reflection?;)

"To be a successful player you have to be completely unconcerned with money" (Doyle Bunson)

I like this Annie Duke quotation a lot (never heard it before, but it sounds like something she would say) and the Brunson one sounds in the same theme.

One poker quotation I like is Daniel Negraenu's "You can't be all loosey-goosey, eatin' a sandwich..." from his Masterclass ad. Yeah, I know there are lots of jokes and memes on this line, but actually consider it. It is really good advice, you can't be distracted when playing poker. We must be focused and attentive - otherwise, we are missing potential information.

MauroMMMM

MauroMMMM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like this Annie Duke quotation a lot (never heard it before, but it sounds like something she would say) and the Brunson one sounds in the same theme.

One poker quotation I like is Daniel Negraenu's "You can't be all loosey-goosey, eatin' a sandwich..." from his Masterclass ad. Yeah, I know there are lots of jokes and memes on this line, but actually consider it. It is really good advice, you can't be distracted when playing poker. We must be focused and attentive - otherwise, we are missing potential information.

I think what Daniel says is true, more than once I have lost by being distracted talking to my girlfriend while playing. You cannot do everything at the same time. My best results have been when I'm home alone, with no one around. Peace of mind, concentration and patience are important in poker.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I absolutely agree. I also believe that the right decision will always be more important. Obviously, if a player will try to make the right decisions, then in the long run he will win money.