Poker: sport or not

M

mrpig

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What sports do you know where many players play each for themselves at the same time?

P

Powell

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think this game is sport just mind game that the poker similar than chess.The chess was take part on the olympic games.

B

barags

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont consider chess/poker etc. as a real sport but it somewhat is, depends how you look at it

rustixxx

rustixxx

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker is not a sport, because in poker you use logic or intuition. poker is an intellectual game.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In addition to poker, I only know chess)))

mkdrummey

mkdrummey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sport requires physical exertion. Poker is a game not a sport.

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
good in the past poker was not a sport but just a game of luck or chance, but nowadays it is becoming a sport of strategy and patience I see it as a sport that. day I will be a professional player! well it could have at the Olympics !!

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
What sports do you know where many players play each for themselves at the same time?

Whatever sport that doesnt require "team" perhaps ...

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not think it is a sport, because luck influences a lot, there are some players who are luckier than others, for example in chess, if I consider it a mental sport.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think poker is a sport that is like chess. In my country, poker is considered an official sport.

Nicolasd07

Nicolasd07

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is complicated, but I would say that it is not a sport because it does not require a motor skill or a motor skill, but it can be considered a mental sport like chess.

izmoroc

izmoroc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
More sport then just gambling...
The players are trainning, stadying, someone has their own trainer, prepared for the game \ tournament.

And like in sport there are mfny things influencing the game: physical state, background, opponents, the conditions of a specific game and luck)

So like in any other sport - developing your skill and can be one of the best)

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I believe that poker is not a sport. For me, poker is a gamble.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
Given that chess is considered a sport, I see no reason why poker can not be considered a sport. In my opinion, poker can be considered a sport.
Good luck.

E

enzomyn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Poker is a sport and in my opinion it should be even Olympic, even if it is stopped, it involves a lot of adrenaline and strong emotions, it is a pleasant thing to do and if it were valued, it would be much more popular.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sport requires physical exertion. Poker is a game not a sport.

I respect your opinion but poker is a sport where you need physical and mental condition to play it

Tennis in singles are many players and they play for themselves

rastapapolos

rastapapolos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Yes, I do believe that poker is a sport.
It's a sport cause you have to prepare yourself mentally and physically.
Mentally by doing some meditation / yoga, taking naps to refull your energy and resting your brain, always performing some maths even if you're not playing to keep all the stuff in your memory "odds, equity..."
Physically by doing some exercises, running, going to the gym a couple of times a week cause playing 8-10h straight isn't that obvious for your body and by avoiding sedentarity.
It's a sport also cause you'll find all the ingrediants: Preparation, Goals, Challenges, Competitions...

pepsilv

pepsilv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will go with poker whereby everyone plays vs all and you decide your limits.

C

capo1014

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a game

Poker is a game of chance and skill. Why try and turn this game into a sport never happen. wsop is listed as a tournament game period. Leave this one alone like chess, golf etc. Capo1014

Rui Ferreira

Rui Ferreira

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes poker is a sport

I think poker is a sport, and when asked about all the individual sports that you practice for yourself, an example of tennis among others

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't consider poker a sport, poker is just an exciting game of chance, that's all, and it has nothing to do with sports

D

Davey_H

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
never thought about the "team" element of things - individual sports like golf (in the Ryder Cup) and F1 can still be considered team sports. Imagine if they had doubles in poker

L

lolshovaments

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is just a game.
But far better than 99% of sports.