poker and children

chipportal

chipportal

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At what age would you teach your children to play poker, or would you at all?

How worried would you be for them to develop an addiction?

nd would you consider poker to being a good and teaching hobby for children and teens? :confused:

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would not want my children to gamble. It is fraught with consequences. I do not have problem gambling. but I do not know how's dependence will affect the children.

Mason Pye

Mason Pye

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is no harm in teaching your children how to play poker. I'm sure when you were a child, your parents or grandparents taught you many card games- so why should poker be different. Of course you wouldn't want your children to play poker with real money when they're under 18, but there is no harm in playing with play money between family and friends.

BabyJesus64

BabyJesus64

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is just one of the many card games. It is fine for children to play poker for fun as long as it's not including gambling with real money. I believe that if you try to deny your children to play poker it will be more tempting for them to try it as young adults. Then there is higher chances to develop an addiction.

A

alexis8888

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think not younger than 18 years.

almanik

almanik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the and poker is only one among a lot of card games that exist very long time. If children interested in it, parents can teach them how to play and how to win. But play on real money they can only when law allow it in country where they live.

alejandro huerta

alejandro huerta

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As yet I have no children but should it teach play to one when I have teach you also have to study and work, so that an addiction as such is not created and as if it is good and learns very well what would let inviertiera his time in the game. :)

ayahuasca

ayahuasca

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe after making sure that they have a head upon their shoulders and won't do any stupid things )

Rdsxfan

Rdsxfan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a game of skill and is laced with Math. Teach Your Children Well!

Z

Zin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nothing wrong with teaching your children how to play poker or other card games if they ask.

J

jakies123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
children have to learning.go to school.If children want play poker( not younger than 18 years.).

robertocoelho

robertocoelho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
children are very curious, when my daughter sees me playing longer asks what canha letter, I think it's good to exercise the mind.

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
At what age would you teach your children to play poker, or would you at all?

How worried would you be for them to develop an addiction?

nd would you consider poker to being a good and teaching hobby for children and teens? :confused:

to register on poker sites or programs is necessary to be 18 years, poker is of legal age

D

DawnNuts

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think its fine as long as you don't let them play for real money.
teaching to play poker OK gambling with money is NOT really ok until
there a little older in there teens I would think

veronica

veronica

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a daughter of 12 who learned looking , as I put it to something else her to handle the PC and so I started to like him now plays the free and angry excited and continues to learn , wants to be a lawyer and play live .

D

Drtanner

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was going to start a post about the same thing. my daughters 13 months ive been going through the deck counting with her

Timmah120

Timmah120

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would teach them if they have interest....probably wait until they are at least 11 or 12. BUT, I would make sure that I would teach them the important lessons about gambling, what poker really is, how to manage, etc. I used to "gamble" with my family about that age. We used candy.

Having said all that, if I ever felt my kids would not be able to handle the lessons or they do not have the right state of mind to fully understand gambling, I would not teach them at all.

Henry Minute

Henry Minute

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is no harm in teaching your children how to play poker. I'm sure when you were a child, your parents or grandparents taught you many card games- so why should poker be different. Of course you wouldn't want your children to play poker with real money when they're under 18, but there is no harm in playing with play money between family and friends.
In any of the games you were taught as a child was betting involved? Matchsticks, counters, sweeties or whatever. I'm a bit dumb but I find it almost impossible to teach poker without betting since that is so integral to the game.

None of the games I was taught as a child involved betting. I learned that from watching the grown-ups at family gatherings but was never taught those games.

veltins

veltins

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
JP
Chips
I ll make sure they ve great career before introducing them to poker myself. but of course if they find it themselves then be it.. but ya i ll oepnly discuss with them about the gambling Problem .

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
poker is good for teens, but not the gambling part. calculating odds, and reading other players are good skills. Need to watch what they're playing for.

VizziVizo

VizziVizo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think poker is good for me, but I'd never teach my children how to play poker, I think it'd be bad for them.