Playing against loose pub poker players

M

markle

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
How do you play against loose players? .. who play middle pair down to the river and bluff a lot? In turbo pub tournaments blind increase so fast, when your card dead do I just get looser too? Loosen my range?

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Been there many time, I try and hold out for the nuts, but when you are card dead it is hard. If stack is low then go all in when you finally get cards that will play and hope for the best. Not saying it is right, just saying that is what I do. Normally works, but get knocked out later.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I try to stick to a TAG strat and usually get paid off pretty well, occasionally they hit a river card or whatever and it's very difficult when card dead (had a pub game a few weeks ago where I was so dead I only played 4 hands all night [in maybe 3-4 hours of play] but despite that still finished 4th out of 7 LOL) but it's best to only start upping the aggression ante when you're holding monsters, that's my understanding anyhow..

W

who115

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try to stay patient and when you do finally get a good hand they will pay you off. Yes once in a while they will get lucky, but just try to put the odds more in your favor and then take their chips!!

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Play you game and be smart about it. Don't bluff overall and value bet the suckers to death.They can be beaten easily if you are smart about it.

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on How loose they are. Usually If I smack them in the mouth on a Hand they tend to slow down but again there are the ones who are relentless in trying to be "That Guy" at the table. Sit back and await youre made hand and just study how and when they decide to call/raise , all these plyers have some sort of tell that you won't see at first because youll be annoyed with their play but I Am telling you ,watch their hands and youll be able to figure out instantly what they re holding

M

markle

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on How loose they are. Usually If I smack them in the mouth on a Hand they tend to slow down but again there are the ones who are relentless in trying to be "That Guy" at the table. Sit back and await youre made hand and just study how and when they decide to call/raise , all these plyers have some sort of tell that you won't see at first because youll be annoyed with their play but I Am telling you ,watch their hands and youll be able to figure out instantly what they re holding
Great advice, and like your take on things, thats pretty much how it plays out... i like the smack in the mouth bit... helps your table image too.

ReoRekop

ReoRekop

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

be patient to have the nutts punish him

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

Micro Maven

Micro Maven

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
take advantage of them by playing position. try to see cheap flops early where you can make better decisions than they do. Once the blinds get big, start jamming your good holdings over their weak limps.