How you react to players who like to insult during the game?

P

Pepepep10

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on the insult really, they are usually one of the following.... Something about your family or sexual preference, I keep chat on as I find it can provide valuable information...

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It is pretty nice now. Most poker software no longer requires you to turn off chat like in the olden days.
Now it is as easy to click on ignore player as it is to change seats at the table.

B

BasTid

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Live is hard to shut them out but you know smile and been as nice as possible. If I make a bad play and get lucky, I will say sorry even.

Online I don't care.... Stick and Stone may break my bones but a Russian troll typing on a keyboard doesn't even have a rhyme!

B

bstest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Online there's no problem. You can shut them down if your more intelligent and persistent then they are. You can mute them to save the stress. You can ignore them without repercussions.
Live is another matter. I've seen the house step in when it begins to sound threatening. I've had it happen to me once, if I remember right I just tried to deflect the insult, to the point where I was no longer a target. I don't engage in conflict at the table.

J

JAAMEZz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i love to engage with them. espcially if we're playing micro stakes and they complain or talk about EV and donk stuff. makes me laugh and they look SO dumb. also will report them if needed.

H

Hemified

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yea I like to mess with those type of people. I probably over do it,but hey somebody has to mess with those people. I don't mind pissing them off really bad. But I dont usually talk unless.

det0nate

det0nate

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i dont pay attention to them ,i actually laff at it when i see someone going off and try to get them even more upset lol - makes them mess up

E

ejsch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
insult

easy to ignore i have noticed most times player loses when not paying attention to hands ,so they dont stay long

D

derpaderp

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just turn chat off. It’s easy to ignore online, maybe a bit harder in person to do the same :)

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]1- doesn't answer[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]2- react aggressive just like him[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]3- mock her aggressiveness[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]4- or would do something else.[/COLOR]​
Hi Juarez

just to remember in the games here at CardsChat it is forbidden to insult the players, so I just leave the chat active in the CC games to be able to talk to friends, I just give my attention to what interests me

Largebalance

Largebalance

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Use the Mute the Moron button

I usually will just respond by stating they just joined the Muted Morons Club then I mute them.:stupido:

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ignore them by listening to music, wait for a good spot against them and completely, then smile :)

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Usually I do not care, I just laugh without commenting. I rarely answer, intending to put him in his place!:call2:

P

pokerdebit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]1- doesn't answer[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]2- react aggressive just like him[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]3- mock her aggressiveness[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]4- or would do something else.[/COLOR]​
I normally do not react
Or I say its just the game not me

S

Szachajevy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm very sensitive person so all kind of insults affects me very much so I turn off comments and continue to play without any stress

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Most of the time I ignore it, although sometimes I just can't help but poke the beast and make them even more angry! Haha!

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Just I ignore them, make me laugh but do not pay much attention

jcxmendes

jcxmendes

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
not give any attention to the insults more watch how this player behaves! :cool:

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
I ignore them because falling into that game of insults only one is harmed since they lose the consent to play badly

D

dgroes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
simply ignore the insult but note that he made it, note maybe if he suddenly made it after a good win or a bad beat.

igroksash

igroksash

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don’t pay attention so as not to spoil my game, sometimes I turn off the chat until the player is at the same table with me

Top 10 Games